Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns wanted McCarron and were close
(10-31-2017, 08:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup. I couldn't give 2 shits about a couple draft picks next year.

Are you a drama queen or just naive about how draft picks help NFL teams? 
Reply/Quote
So Mary Kay Cabot is saying we were the ones who effed up
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:55 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Are you a drama queen or just naive about how draft picks help NFL teams? 

I'm a drama queen.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How many of our 2nd and 3rd round players have become pro-bowlers? Seriously. List them all off and show me. This team isn't a couple Jeremy Hill's or Tyler Boyd's away...and those are some of our better picks. I have zero faith in Paul Alexander to pick a good lineman after his recent history.

So losing a guy for nothing is better than something?

That's just weird logic man. 
McCarron is bad. We know this. 

We could have got the first pick in rd2 and rd 3. 

Those are PRIME fodder to move up in the first too.
This trade failing could set this franchise back a lot. (you know, relatively to how far they set themselves back anyways)
Reply/Quote
Bengals and Browns McCarron trade debacle.

Can't even make this stuff up. Head scratcher.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm a drama queen.

It's evident. 
Reply/Quote
Know what Shake is saying about needing immediate OL help.

But put me down for would have loved to have seen this deal done.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:59 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's evident. 

Evident that there's no real reason to believe they will get any kind of game changer with either of those picks?

You are correct. 

Hmmm. Maybe you are the naive one. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So losing a guy for nothing is better than something?

This trade failing could set this franchise back a lot. (you know, relatively to how far they set themselves back anyways)

Stop being a buzzkill and let them rant without logic. 

It's bad enough we can't blame Mike Brown. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Evident that there's no real reason to believe they will get any kind of game changer with either of those picks?

You are correct. 

What good is McCarron on the roster then?

Something > Nothing 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Evident that there's no real reason to believe they will get any kind of game changer with either of those picks?

You are correct. 

"But, But, Tom Brady!!"

I don't know, I think a 2nd and 3rd rounder can have an impact. Maybe more of an impact than a backup QB that will never see the field.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So losing a guy for nothing is better than something?

That's assuming it was their pick in rd2 and not one they acquired from the Eagles or Texans. 

Would you trade the 1st pick in rd2 (essentially an extended 1)?

I find it highly doubtful.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What good is McCarron on the roster then?

Something > Nothing 

Something is better than nothing, yes. I would stack that in the category of those that think winning in the regular season is ok, even without playoff wins. 

Go back and check the Bengals 2 and 3 rd picks from the last 7 drafts--not counting 2017--and tell me how many average to above average (what you should get, at least in rd 2) players they have from those drafts.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Something is better than nothing, yes. I would stack that in the category of those that think winning in the regular season is ok, even without playoff wins. 

Go back and check the Bengals 2 and 3 rd picks from the last 7 drafts--not counting 2017--and tell me how many average to above average (what you should get, at least in rd 2) players they have from those drafts.

So would you be happy if it were a 4th rounder given our success there historically?
Bollocks 
Reply/Quote

You are correct. 

I don't believe in Marv but am I going to whine about the fact we almost got 2 high value picks for a player that won't see the field for us? No because that's ludicrous. Maybe it's time to find a new hobby if you can't even enjoy the idea of something positive happening to your team. There's enough negative aspects about being a Bengals without whiners hellbent on throwing a pity party. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: "But, But, Tom Brady!!"

I don't know, I think a 2nd and 3rd rounder can have an impact. Maybe more of an impact than a backup QB that will never see the field.

Sure, they "can". 

How often has this worked out for the Bengals, acquiring an early round pick and turning it into a pro bowl type player?

And i agree about McCarron. He does nothing for them now or in the future, other than bring pick(s). My question is, why not to that before the season starts and not when you know exactly what your needs are half way through the season?

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's assuming it was their pick in rd2 and not one they acquired from the Eagles or Texans. 

Would you trade the 1st pick in rd2 (essentially an extended 1)?

I find it highly doubtful.

1. The Browns.
2. Hue Jackson

so....
Reply/Quote
Anyone else wonder if this was a deal that could help one of the higher profile teams the league would have allowed the trade to go through? You know the teams I’m talking about

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So would you be happy if it were a 4th rounder given our success there historically?
Bollocks 

Nah. I'm not happy with getting any picks (obv an overall #1-5 would suffice) because there's no track record of better than average success from them. Heap on the fact they have needs and a few guys were moved that could have helped the Bengals this year...and i think one or two that were rumored to be available. 

Reply/Quote
I just see trying to get future draft picks, mid-season, as another half-assed attempt by a badly run organization. 

Reply/Quote