Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns wanted McCarron and were close
(10-31-2017, 07:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A 2nd and 3rd wasn't going to fix this team anyway.

Has to be frustrating for Mac though. Guess he can join the long line of frustrated players.

A 2nd and a 3rd? Shocked

You have to admit it may  have helped. Mellow

Reply/Quote
Should it surprise anyone that hue and marvin mismanaged the clock?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:26 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: A 2nd and a 3rd? Shocked

A 2nd & a 3rd sounds pretty darn good to me when compared to receiving nothing, which will now be the case.

Both franchises are in disarray. It's almost comical tbh.....almost.
Reply/Quote

It would've done nothing for this current season and as long as Mike is running the franchise the way he is currently, I just can't get excited about a couple draft picks. Most of them make little impact anyway. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This whole thing just seems crazy. How do the Browns not get the paperwork in? The Bills-Panthers trade was finalized at 357p and neither team had any difficulty getting everything filed. I feel like someone in the Browns FO did this on purpose.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It would've done nothing for this current season and as long as Mike is running the franchise the way he is currently, I just can't get excited about a couple draft picks. Most of them make little impact anyway. 

Yep those picks MIGHT have played by the year 2022.

Even if they did trade for an Olineman today the season is probably still down the tubes, but at least give me the illusion that you’re trying. I’m really getting fed up with this team.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: A 2nd & a 3rd sounds pretty darn good to me when compared to receiving nothing, which will now be the case.

Both franchises are in disarray. It's almost comical tbh.....almost.

Won't McCarron still be a restricted free agent next year?  If so the Bengals still get something if he leaves depending what tender option they put on him. I have a feeling McCarron will have a lot of interest next year given all the QB needy teams. I bet the Bengals could put a 2nd round tender on him.

Heck the way the o-line is playing Dalton may end up with a year long injury or worse by the end of the season and the Bengals might need AJ for next season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:53 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This whole thing just seems crazy. How do the Browns not get the paperwork in? The Bills-Panthers trade was finalized at 357p and neither team had any difficulty getting everything filed. I feel like someone in the Browns FO did this on purpose.

Maybe Hue was trying to get himself canned so he could come back...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:28 PM)Beaker Wrote: Should it surprise anyone that hue and marvin mismanaged the clock?

Bengals got their end of the paperwork in on time...this one's on the Browns and Hue

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It would've done nothing for this current season and as long as Mike is running the franchise the way he is currently, I just can't get excited about a couple draft picks. Most of them make little impact anyway. 

I understand being upset about the entire front office, but to act like this would have been nothing is ridiculous. Sure, it wouldn't have helped this year, but that's two more decently high picks to improve the oline and other areas of the team next year. A Browns second is like the 33rd pick in the draft.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:10 PM)pally Wrote: Bengals got their end of the paperwork in on time...this one's on the Browns and Hue

Maybe not in Hue. Rumor is someone in the front office did it on purpose.
Reply/Quote

I think Shake's just salty because he and others have been saying McCarron would never bring such compensation.

As to the OP: As hard as folks try to change the script, the Bengals did nothing wrong here. It is all on the Browns and the coach we let "get away". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Shake's just salty because he and others have been saying McCarron would never bring such compensation.

As to the OP: As hard as folks try to change the script, the Bengals did nothing wrong here. It is all on the Browns and the coach we let "get away". 

You would be wrong. I'm flattered you can't stop thinking about me though. I guess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:54 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yep those picks MIGHT have played by the year 2022.

Even if they did trade for an Olineman today the season is probably still down the tubes, but at least give me the illusion that you’re trying. I’m really getting fed up with this team.

Exactly. I wanted o-line help. I wouldn't have hated a couple draft picks, but those picks wouldn't be seeing the field much until Green, Atkins and co are nearing the end. This team shows no sense of urgency to win with this core.
Reply/Quote
Well that sucks. 

Guess thats why the Browns are the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:18 PM)A10104747 Wrote: The browns have been trying to negotiate for him the past two weeks and repeatedly was told no. 30 minutes before the deadline Cincy all of a sudden wants to see if the Browns want to offer... if you think you want to trade him why freakin wait 30 minutes before the damn deadline...

This is a 100% joke. Send it over 5 minutes before the deadline and expect to get all the signatures needed. Come on man

not what I have heard.. sounds more a split decision with Browns organization and they were late on getting the deal to the NFL
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. I wanted o-line help. I wouldn't have hated a couple draft picks, but those picks wouldn't be seeing the field much until Green, Atkins and co are nearing the end. This team shows no sense of urgency to win with this core.

This team (front office) thinks they are better than they are. And that train of thought is iignorance at its best.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It would've done nothing for this current season and as long as Mike is running the franchise the way he is currently, I just can't get excited about a couple draft picks. Most of them make little impact anyway. 

Sorry but you are plain wrong, excluding injuries.. most of our first 3 round picked have played a decent amount of time or started over the past decade.. hell this year our 2/3 round picks are seeing the field.. Ross was hurt so you can;t say he has been sitting the bench.
Reply/Quote

Yup. I couldn't give 2 shits about a couple draft picks next year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry but you are plain wrong, excluding injuries.. most of our first 3 round picked have played a decent amount of time or started over the past decade.. hell this year our 2/3 round picks are seeing the field.. Ross was hurt so you can;t say he has been sitting the bench.

How many of our 2nd and 3rd round players have become pro-bowlers? Seriously. List them all off and show me. This team isn't a couple Jeremy Hill's or Tyler Boyd's away...and those are some of our better picks. I have zero faith in Paul Alexander to pick a good lineman after his recent history.
Reply/Quote