Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brutal schedule coming up
They're facing a murderer's row: Ravens, Colts, Browns, Titans, Steelers. We're about to find out how good the Bengals really are.
I think we will win 1 or 2. Winning too much actually could actually hurt this offseason, we could pull a Falcons and win out of Penei Sewell or Wyatt Davis.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:31 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: They're facing a murderer's row: Ravens, Colts, Browns, Titans, Steelers.  We're about to find out how good the Bengals really are.
I think we will win 1 or 2. Winning too much actually could actually hurt this offseason, we could pull a Falcons and win out of Penei Sewell or Wyatt Davis.

Not saying that isn't brutal cause I am not. But that sure was a great sign that last game with the O-line playing better and actually
opening up running lanes and holding a pocket for some amount of time even if it was against the Jags. We have played some very 
good Defensive fronts and think we are starting to gel on the OL and Burrow should just better with a gelling Line that can actually
take some pressure off him with okay run blocking. 

The run blocking was non existent those first 3 games.

Need to win games, not tank for an early round pick. The Draft is a crapshoot and Burrow is the only guy I have ever wanted us to 
tank for. Sewell could end up being a bust for all we know, no tanking. I think we can win any game with THIS new QB.

The Defense just needs to get healthy at DT and let the LB's grow and we could start getting much better on that side of the ball 
as well. Need to start stopping the run and getting QB's into 2nd and 3rd and longs and unleash the pass rush. Lawson and Sam
Hubbard I thought have looked really good this year in stopping the run, especially Hubbard. Dunlap I hope gets back to his old
good play along with Geno soon. Reader should help big time.
Reply/Quote
If we win 1 out of the next five, we will already have a better record in 9 games than 16 last year. If we win 2 or more thats just cake. Because I do think we will string some together on the back half of the season.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals will surprise a bit. Not saying they will win necessarily, but I can see them keeping these games close. Before the season I would’ve said a win against the Colts but their rookie RB is a stud.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:31 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: They're facing a murderer's row: Ravens, Colts, Browns, Titans, Steelers.  We're about to find out how good the Bengals really are.

Give me that option all day. I'll take winning football over high draft pick every day.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 09:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Give me that option all day. I'll take winning football over high draft pick every day.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Ravens, Squeelers, and Colts are all top 5 in points allowed. The Bengals are going to need to improve in their red zone offense to compete with these teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 09:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Ravens, Squeelers, and Colts are all top 5 in points allowed. The Bengals are going to need to improve in their red zone offense to compete with these teams.

I predict that we will with Burrow and company as the year goes on. He made some nice Red Zone tosses the last game that 
Tate, Sample and Higgins could start coming down with. That was some good D from the Jags in the RZ, specifically that INT 
by Myles Jack. We got some big weapons with good hands. Higgins is just having some rookie struggles and he is still playing
well overall.
Reply/Quote
I'll take wins over draft position.

We already had our "tank" year last season. There's no reson we need to make a habit out of it in order to build a contender.

What I'm most concerned with is the how capable this staff is to win ball games and improve our performance.

There's talent all throughout the draft.  Don't fool yourself into thinking only top picks can better a roster.  If that were the case teams like the Chiefs wouldn't exist.

All this said, I'm not counting on anything.  This team needs to show me they can win some of these games.  If they can't then the above opinions are pretty much moot.  And if they can, great.  Lets win a few more before we even debate the issue though.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 09:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'll take wins over draft position.

We already had our "tank" year last season. There's no reson we need to make a habit out of it in order to build a contender.

What I'm most concerned with is the how capable this staff is to win ball games and improve our performance.

There's talent all throughout the draft.  Don't fool yourself into thinking only top picks can better a roster.  If that were the case teams like the Chiefs wouldn't exist.

All this said, I'm not counting on anything.  This team needs to show me they can win some of these games.  If they can't then the above opinions are pretty much moot.  And if they can, great.  Lets win a few more before we even debate the issue though.

Well said.
Reply/Quote
I don't think either the Colts, Browns, or Titans are that brutal. Better than us right now ok but not Brutal. Steelers and Ravens scare the crap out of me.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
That is probably 5 playoff teams in a row. Maybe not the Browns but they have a ton of talent.

6-2-1 sounds about right after these next 5
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 09:06 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think the Bengals will surprise a bit. Not saying they will win necessarily, but I can see them keeping these games close. Before the season I would’ve said a win against the Colts but their rookie RB is a stud.

I think their defense is also number one in the league.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Colts should not be an automatic loss. They lost to the Jags in week 1.

Reply/Quote
Colts back end defense is insane, I lucked into them in fantasy
Reply/Quote
It's probably early to look at DVOA but I'll do it anyway:

Ravens - 3rd
Colts - 4th
Browns - 12th
Titans - 14th
Steelers - 7th

The Bengals are 20th after Week 4 - https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-efficiency/2020
Reply/Quote

If they win 2 of the next 4 (I like to take it in quarters), they will be 3-4-1 heading in to the BYE.  That is a notch below the .500 teams, but you then face pitt, Washington, NYG, and Miami.  That is a schedule where you could go 3-1 and be 6-5-1 heading in to the final four games.  Dallas, pitt, Houston, and a Ravens team that might have nothing to play for.  Possible you could go 3-1 again and you are 9-6-1 and ahead of teams at 9-7 for that final playoff spot.  

I know it is a long shot, but we are seeing that Burrow alone keeps them in every game.  We got pummeled by Baltimore twice last year with a horrible game from Dalton and a worse game by Finley.  This team is going to be competitive every week.

I won't go as far as to say we are playing with house money, but it is kind of fun to see how they will measure up now against the best in the league.  
Reply/Quote

Nah... murderers row has to play us...come get some bitches 
Reply/Quote
Like Lap said during the last game, the Bengals just need to get the Bengals off of their schedule, because when they stop beating themselves they can play with anyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 09:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Ravens, Squeelers, and Colts are all top 5 in points allowed. The Bengals are going to need to improve in their red zone offense to compete with these teams.

And who have they played?  Combined record of pitt opponents:  0-9.  
Reply/Quote