Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This season...
(01-14-2016, 03:19 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: 1. Food for thought is any comment that makes someone else think, which you clearly have done here in responding.  Everyone knows that.

2. You still haven't addressed my point that Marvin would not have gotten credit for a win last Saturday, but whatever, I can see you never will.

3. I was also under the impression that it was a team game with all parties involved (including HC, WR, and OL) being a part of the team.  I guess I'm wrong.

1. Do you love the Steelers? Food for thought. (Same amount of thought involved.)

2. I did address it when I said records follow HC. So if the Bengals won, he would have been 1-6. That'd be giving credit for the win. How can you read a post about how it's the HC's job to win, and take from it that if the HC won, I would say it's not on him?

3. They are part of it, but you're wrong in the fact that records don't follow them.
-If someone says "Dan Marino, Hall of Fame QB" one of the first three comments in reply is how he never won a Super Bowl.
-If someone says "Bill Belichik, future Hall of Fame Coach" one of the first three comments will be about his four SB rings.
-If someone says "Barry Sanders, Hall of Fame RB" nobody mentions the fact that he never won a SB, or that his teams were 1-6 in the postseason. They probably don't even talk about the fact his teams were 78-82 in the regular season. They talk only about how he was probably the best RB who ever lived.

Truth.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It was a fun season with a frustrating and heartbreaking ending.

I'll never understand those who can't enjoy the journey and are only hell bent on the destination. Seems like you miss out on a lot of good times.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:01 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: It was a fun season with a frustrating and heartbreaking ending.

I'll never understand those who can't enjoy the journey and are only hell bent on the destination.  Seems like you miss out on a lot of good times.

(01-14-2016, 06:01 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: It was a fun season with a frustrating and heartbreaking ending.

I'll never understand those who can't enjoy the journey and are only hell bent on the destination.  Seems like you miss out on a lot of good times.

Exactly.  I'm still happy with 1998 because 2 of our 3 wins came against the Steelers with their old QB.  In fact, here is a picture of me eating BBQ squid in my 1998 Neil O'Donnnnellll jersey.

[Image: 21324_10100758137603150_479325607_n.jpg?...e=570728AF]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote