Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryant TD?
That game was a farce and a sham from the opening kick. Anyone who doesn't see that is a yinztard.
Reply/Quote
Pitt has always played dirty as long as i can remember, 40+ years. They dish is out but cant take it. They are coached that way, hell Cowher ran on the field to punch a player running down the side line, Tomlin tried to trip a player. The whole organization is just Trash
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:25 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: If AJ makes that catch we are talking about how great it is. But the refs and nfl have made every catch questionable. There was plenty of time to overcome this in the game but not the mistakes made in the final 2 minutes.

AJ makes that catch, then it would never have been ruled a catch. DEZ Bryant had been playing instead of Martavis, it would definitely have been overturned. You'll see very few calls overturned that hurt the Steelers, it's an unwritten rule apparently.
Reply/Quote
I agree that it was definitely not a touchdown, but Jim Nantz and Phil Sims were coming in their pants about it so loudly, I assumed I must not know what game I'm watching.

I think they called it a touchdown because it was an impressive display of athleticism.

But by the definition of a catch, that was so far from a touchdown, it's a bit ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
That's what I don't get. In order for it to be a TD the player has to have control of the ball through out the catch in bounds. The ball was rolling around the back of his leg and he was trying to control it with one hand to keep from hitting ground. He never had control until he was out of bounds. I don't understand that call. I thought for sure it would be over turned and the commentators are saying what a great catch are you serious? Did the rules change?  How can you have control of a ball when its not even gripped in one hand? You have to have control of the ball! Their reasoning is he never lost control. When did he have control? When he was out of bounds! Period! That was not a catch! And if that had been Green..it would have been called back! And it should have been.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 06:16 AM)EatonFan Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjrklzv12eI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omdawDt34tI

No way this was a catch.  Bumbling, Juggling... (maybe) one foot in.

Since he caught the ball in front of the right should and it ended up pinned behind his hamstrings, common sense would tell us it moved from the front of his body to behind his legs either because he made a showboat catch and twirled it around his body intentionally or he didn't have control and by trying to get control the ball ended up behind his legs.  If you think it was the later he did not have it pinned behind his legs and get two feet in.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Why is this not a topic? by rule that was not a TD. But who the hell knows what a catch is anymore.

Agreed while he never dropped it he never had control with 2 feet in bounds and maintained that control before going out of the bounds the ball was moving everywhere.

Why its not a topic is because its just 1 of the many ways we got screwed on saturday.
Reply/Quote
Starting to wonder if maybe the league doesn't specifically want the rule to be vague. They keep doing nothing but making it vaguer.

Seems to me what you want in a rule book is to keep judgment calls at an absolute minimum.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yeah, one of many things about that farce of a game that doesn't get enough attention. The whole drive was BS.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sims and Nance were wrong about this one...said something to the effect it would be on all the highlight reels, but they're afraid to show it because they know it wasn't a catch and it's also a smack in the face to those who made actual catches (imo) that were overturned.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:29 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I don't think it was a TD either but I'm not so sure the NFL knows what a legitimate touchdown catch is anymore.

The Refs went with their Gut feeling.
When I watched the review, he didn't have control of it, and when he did finally get control, only one foot was down, the other was up in the air trying to help him maintain control. I had an issue with call and no overturn as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:23 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That game was a farce and a sham from the opening kick. Anyone who doesn't see that is a yinztard.

This is why I have such little optimism when the Bengals play any of these AFC teams:
New England
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Denver

I think that's even more the case while Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Peyton Manning are still playing.

The league loves these QBs and the above teams and seem to always call in their favor during big moments.

I cannot wait for the day when Brady, Roethlisberger, and Manning have retired. The AFC powers will finally shift (hopefully).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote