Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo vs KC... who do we root for?
I have to give it to Pat though. After he totally lost his shit on the sidelines, he went out and met Allen and the Bills coaches with class instead of running to the locker room like some other QBs have done.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:47 PM)Nepa Wrote: While I was rooting for Buffalo, I have to admit it was worth it to see Mahomes totally lose his cool screaming crazily at the referees in frustration. 

With his annoying voice, that was probably hilarious. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
mahomes forgot how he won last year

Patrick Mahomes on the final drive: "It’s tough to swallow. Not only from me, and football in general, to take away greatness like that, for a guy like Travis to make a play like that, you want to see the guys on the field decide the game. They’re human. They make mistakes. But every week, we’re talking about something... It's the call. Just in that moment. Not for myself. To have a flag change the outcome of the game. I've never had offensive offsides called. If it does, they warn you. There wasn't a warning the entire game. And then you make a call like that in the final minute? Another game, we're talking about the refs. It's not what we want for the NFL. It's not what we want for football."

take your own medicine
Reply/Quote
To be fair to Mahomes, he lost a game last week because blatant DPI was ignored and this week they lost the game because an offensive player was called for a penalty that offensive players hardly ever get called for. I'm sure he is frustrated. But losing it towards the referees will only lighten his pockets.

In the meantime, Denver is only 1 game out of 1st place. Moving 1 more AFCW team into contention leaves 1 less wildcard spot for us.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: mahomes forgot how he won last year

Patrick Mahomes on the final drive: "It’s tough to swallow. Not only from me, and football in general, to take away greatness like that, for a guy like Travis to make a play like that, you want to see the guys on the field decide the game. They’re human. They make mistakes. But every week, we’re talking about something... It's the call. Just in that moment. Not for myself. To have a flag change the outcome of the game. I've never had offensive offsides called. If it does, they warn you. There wasn't a warning the entire game. And then you make a call like that in the final minute? Another game, we're talking about the refs. It's not what we want for the NFL. It's not what we want for football."

take your own medicine

He’s very spoiled

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:30 PM)pally Wrote: In the meantime, Denver is only 1 game out of 1st place.  Moving 1 more AFCW team into contention leaves 1 less wildcard spot for us.

One team from each division. Chargers and Colts are done, I feel. I'm thinking a Texans implosion is coming. I have been sacrificing a goat each week to curse the Steelers. 

Browns probably make it, maybe the Bills and Denver. So shaky. Spot #7 is the battle to the death
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:42 PM)Destro Wrote: I have been sacrificing a goat each week to curse the Steelers. 

lolol
Reply/Quote
russ is starting to cook and I hate it, then again I think 31 teams could beat Herbert with the way he plays lately
Reply/Quote
Apparently, there is a lot of negative history between the Chiefs and referee Carl Cheffers. They have been on the losing end of several, of what they perceive to be, bad calls. There is even a thread on Chiefs Planet asking for predictions for the most ridiculous call of the game. No one guessed a WR encroachment wiping away a crazy game-winning TD

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm still miffed about that Browns win where DTR threw the ball 20 yards out of the endzone and they called DPI when the ball was in the air but it was clearly uncatchable, and it didn't affect DTR because the PI was after his throw. If it was even PI at all, on top of that.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Haha Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:54 PM)pally Wrote: Apparently, there is a lot of negative history between the Chiefs and referee Carl Cheffers.  They have been on the losing end of several, of what they perceive to be, bad calls.  There is even a thread on Chiefs Planet asking for predictions for the most ridiculous call of the game.  No one guessed a WR encroachment wiping away a crazy game-winning TD

There is really a sense of entitlement in Mahomes' answers for his outrage, saying that the refs always let them know if they are offsides on the offensive side of the ball. I don't know if that is true or not, but he and KC have been benefits more often than not of the officials. One has to look no further than last year's championship game against the Bengals. I wonder if had the calls been against KC instead of benefitting them, whether he would have blown his cool then. 

For example, the very odd play where the Bengals stop the Chiefs on 3rd and 9, the punting teams go on the field, and then the punt is stopped and the  Chiefs get to redo the third down play. No penalty. They couldn't fix the clock before the punt rather than redo 3rd down?

Or the missed roughing the passer on Burrow and called intentional grounding that wasn't or Mahomes flaying his arms and getting an iffy roughing the passer call and then the missed block on the back on the KC punt return.

Mahomes maniacally goes off on the officials, on what expert officials say were actually the right calls. That smacks of entitlement. That's he's special and the refs are erring in going against him. And until last night I liked Mahomes. I was also rooting for Mahomes and KC against Buffalo. (And I have State Farm insurance!) But I lost a ton of respect by his behavior after the game.
Reply/Quote
"Adversity brings out your true character."
I guess he was pissed when it was confirmed that State Farm doesn't cover this kind of loss.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
And the Chief's offensive tackle just moved early for about the 20th time again.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: mahomes forgot how he won last year

take your own medicine

Ok, I have not posted in a LONG TIME.  But totally agree with this.  When it's KC, then "let us play the game", when it's anyone else, nothing.  Last year's AFC championship game was lost on a questionable call when Mahomes purposefully moves into Osai on the way out of bounds, knowing that he'd get a flag for a late hit.  He's spent his whole career bringing calls into the way they "play the game".  It is an absolute joke that he's crying about it now.  Go home Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 09:27 AM)Interceptor Wrote: "Adversity brings out your true character."
I guess he was pissed when it was confirmed that State Farm doesn't cover this kind of loss.
This is the winning post. Rep to you!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 11:24 AM)cyharr Wrote: Ok, I have not posted in a LONG TIME.  But totally agree with this.  When it's KC, then "let us play the game", when it's anyone else, nothing.  Last year's AFC championship game was lost on a questionable call when Mahomes purposefully moves into Osai on the way out of bounds, knowing that he'd get a flag for a late hit.  He's spent his whole career bringing calls into the way they "play the game".  It is an absolute joke that he's crying about it now.  Go home Mahomes.

You ended 7 years of silence to say, that??   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You ended 7 years of silence to say, that??   Ninja

Ooh, in seven years you're gonna catch hell for this.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
5 Down Pat is upset. Boo freaskin hoo. How do you think Taylor Swift feels, now she has to write a song about the referees.
Offensive offsides has historically not been called very much until this year. But, the league made a statement about it at the start of the season and it's been called 12 times this year. Suck it Mahomes, you really are related to your brother.
Reply/Quote