Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo vs KC... who do we root for?
(12-11-2023, 09:27 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I guess he was pissed when it was confirmed that State Farm doesn't cover this kind of loss.

(12-11-2023, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How do you think Taylor Swift feels, now she has to write a song about the referees.

Made my day!
Reply/Quote
Travis' pillow talk last night.... "Tay, they took my touchdown away"

Swift... "That's ok baby, Imma write a song that will make you famous"

It was the 10th of December,
A day I'll always remember, yes I will
Cause that was the day they took Trav's touchdown away

Cheffers is a horrible ref.. da da da da dump
Whenever he refs, the chefs lose at home
Cause that was the day they took Travs td away

The Temps might sue for plagiarism though
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You ended 7 years of silence to say, that??   Ninja

At least rep him for that. I did. But maybe only because he agreed with my point
Reply/Quote
Real audio, he was bitching to Josh Allen post game too, but that was literally seconds after his 1 minute temper tantrum:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RVsaQjT4EiE

it devolves to the baby crying but you can still hear some normal on field audio
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: was he yelling at his player who was lined up offsides on the TD play? The announcers said he was mad at the refs, there ain't no way. He was definitely mad at a teammate and it had to be that WR from 2 plays before.

When he was going nuts the WR was on the bench and Patty was almost on the field yelling at the ref who threw the flag.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

My god my chest hurts now.....lololololol Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 09:18 AM)Nepa Wrote: There is really a sense of entitlement in Mahomes' answers for his outrage, saying that the refs always let them know if they are offsides on the offensive side of the ball. I don't know if that is true or not, but he and KC have been benefits more often than not of the officials. One has to look no further than last year's championship game against the Bengals. I wonder if had the calls been against KC instead of benefitting them, whether he would have blown his cool then. 

For example, the very odd play where the Bengals stop the Chiefs on 3rd and 9, the punting teams go on the field, and then the punt is stopped and the  Chiefs get to redo the third down play. No penalty. They couldn't fix the clock before the punt rather than redo 3rd down?

Or the missed roughing the passer on Burrow and called intentional grounding that wasn't or Mahomes flaying his arms and getting an iffy roughing the passer call and then the missed block on the back on the KC punt return.

Mahomes maniacally goes off on the officials, on what expert officials say were actually the right calls. That smacks of entitlement. That's he's special and the refs are erring in going against him. And until last night I liked Mahomes. I was also rooting for Mahomes and KC against Buffalo. (And I have State Farm insurance!) But I lost a ton of respect by his behavior after the game.

Chris Jones was offsides the whole AFC championship game.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: At least rep him for that. I did. But maybe only because he agreed with my point

Thanks for the rep!  I promise to be more active. 
Reply/Quote
I love that KC is blaming the refs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You know, after watching that play, I don't understand why this isn't a semi-normal occurrence. Why don't we see more pitches and backwards passes after catches and runs? I think this would make a bad team instantly a contender if they carefully executed this more often.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 03:32 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: You know, after watching that play, I don't understand why this isn't a semi-normal occurrence. Why don't we see more pitches and backwards passes after catches and runs? I think this would make a bad team instantly a contender if they carefully executed this more often.

Did you see how close the defender was to swatting the ball as Kelce threw it? It's a bad idea to have an unsecured ball flying around on the defensive side of the field.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 03:32 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: You know, after watching that play, I don't understand why this isn't a semi-normal occurrence. Why don't we see more pitches and backwards passes after catches and runs? I think this would make a bad team instantly a contender if they carefully executed this more often.

My guess is even if carefully executed it is still fairly risky.   A player is making forward progress with the ball and then tosses it backwards to another player.  In my opinion that creates extra risk.  There is a whole lot that can go wrong in that case because if the backwards pass is not caught then it gives the defense an opportunity to scoop it up.  I mean the play is basically asking to have one completed pass followed by a second one and that second one if incomplete is up for grabs by either team.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have to give it to Pat though. After he totally lost his shit on the sidelines, he went out and met Allen and the Bills coaches with class instead of running to the locker room like some other QBs have done.

Have to put this one to rest, Sled.

Here's his comment to Allen after the game:

"Wildest f---ing call I’ve ever seen," Mahomes was heard saying. "Offensive offsides on that play, man. F---ing terrible."

CBS Colorado’s Romi Bean wrote, "Can't just say good game to Josh Allen?? Unreal. An all-time hissy fit from Mahomes."

Sports By The Book’s Jeff Parles posted, "Beyond insane thing to say to the opposing QB after the game."

I know you've been critical of Mahomes' overall reaction elsewhere, but we can also put this meeting with Allen and Bills' coaches "with class" to bed also.
Reply/Quote
Heavens to Betsy! Mahomes might actually have to play a playoff game on the road! The horror of it all!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 03:53 PM)Nepa Wrote: Have to put this one to rest, Sled.

Here's his comment to Allen after the game:

"Wildest f---ing call I’ve ever seen," Mahomes was heard saying. "Offensive offsides on that play, man. F---ing terrible."

CBS Colorado’s Romi Bean wrote, "Can't just say good game to Josh Allen?? Unreal. An all-time hissy fit from Mahomes."

Sports By The Book’s Jeff Parles posted, "Beyond insane thing to say to the opposing QB after the game."

I know you've been critical of Mahomes' overall reaction elsewhere, but we can also put this meeting with Allen and Bills' coaches "with class" to bed also.

Doesn't really matter that he was still whining about the call, he went out and shook Allens hand and the Bills coaches hands. How many times have we seen butthurt QBs just run off the field and refuse to shake hands... (looking at you Lamar)
Reply/Quote
It is kinda rich that the Chiefs who only got to the Super Bowl last year because the refs jobbed us twice in 5 minutes are crying like babies now. Also remember they had the refs insert themselves in the Chiefs favor in the Super Bowl too.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 06:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Doesn't really matter that he was still whining about the call, he went out and shook Allens hand and the Bills coaches hands. How many times have we seen butthurt QBs just run off the field and refuse to shake hands... (looking at you Lamar)

ehh... He didnt even say good game to Josh. He just kept saying "awful call horrendous call worst call ever"

josh was like...alright

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
yeah josh had no response. it did just happen after his tirade though since they lost, he didn't get the 5 minutes to cool down
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 06:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: It is kinda rich that the Chiefs who only got to the Super Bowl last year because the refs jobbed us twice in 5 minutes are crying like babies now. Also remember they had the refs insert themselves in the Chiefs favor in the Super Bowl too.

and the funny part is we (fanbase) did get mad at the refs, but Pratt got mad at his teammate. Maybe Mahomes will be getting mad at his teammate instead.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: was he yelling at his player who was lined up offsides on the TD play? The announcers said he was mad at the refs, there ain't no way. He was definitely mad at a teammate and it had to be that WR from 2 plays before.

He was yelling directly at a ref...

[Image: yUnxaXs.jpg]
Reply/Quote