Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Burfict
I was surprised that he played. With the season done and his history of concussions I don't get why he saw the field. Of course when your head coach thinks the lingering symptoms of a concussion are caused by the media I'm not sure why I'm surprised.

Tez would be my second off season move.

1. Fire Marv and entire coaching staff
2. Cut Burficts - ineffective, unreliable, injury prone, expensive
Reply/Quote
For his own quality of life, he just needs to retire. I hope he will.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Vontaz quit on this team after the Steelers game and I am not sure he was ever interested in playing after Guenther moved on. I am not sure if he retires or not but he should not be back here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Vontaze Burfict will be an excellent linebacker coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Vontaze Burfict will be an excellent linebacker coach.

Agreed. Best case scenario the doctors convince him to retire, and we make him exactly that.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. Best case scenario the doctors convince him to retire, and we make him exactly that.

He may be, but frankly I just don’t want him associated with the organization any more
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:57 PM)N_B Wrote: He may be, but frankly I just don’t want him associated with the organization any more

Why? All his problems have come from things that happen on the field. Other than the failed drug test anyway.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Vontaze Burfict will be an excellent linebacker coach.

Maybe he can go in the steelers defensive huddle next time we play the steelers in the playoffs and get them to snap like porter did to us. He would be the perfect guy to do it, except he would get flagged and fined instead of the steelers.
Reply/Quote
I don’t care what they do with him as long as he’s no longer part of this team.

Why are there so many threads about this guy?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why? All his problems have come from things that happen on the field. Other than the failed drug test anyway.

Represents everything that’s wrong with organization right now
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:04 PM)N_B Wrote: Represents everything that’s wrong with organization right now

Nah, that would be the old man in the FO. Or the sorry excuse for a HC we have.

Burfict played his heart out for us for years. Just doesn’t have it anymore, unfortunately.

Reply/Quote
I still blame him for our 2015 playoff loss. That was the most embarrassing moment I have ever had as a bengals fan. Good riddance.
Reply/Quote
Burfuict just needs to call it a season and go on IR. The league is just looking for any excuse to steal the 1st 6 games from him again next year, and he knows it.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Burfuict just needs to call it a season and go on IR. The league is just looking for any excuse to steal the 1st 6 games from him again next year, and he knows it.

He did it to himself starting in 2013
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:15 PM)N_B Wrote: He did it to himself starting in 2013

Yes, but they can't keep penalizing him for shit that happened back then for the rest of his career. He has pretty much cleaned up his game and most of the flags he gets now are complete BS that no one else would get flagged for.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, but they can't keep penalizing him for shit that happened back then for the rest of his career. He has pretty much cleaned up his game and most of the flags he gets now are complete BS that no one else would get flagged for.

There was a play today when the browns were in the red zone where he clearly hit the back late when he was on the ground. I don’t think he’s cleaned up. He’s just under a microscope
Reply/Quote

Only if he can teach not to lead with the head when tackling

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:21 PM)pally Wrote: Only if he can teach not to lead with the head when tackling

...or at least teach others not to get caught doing it...
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:08 PM)motoarch Wrote: I still blame him for our 2015 playoff loss. That was the most embarrassing moment I have ever had as a bengals fan. Good riddance.

He was the only reason we were even in the game but ok...

Reply/Quote
He's not going to retire and voluntarily walk away from millions of dollars.

Now if the Bengals cut him, he might be forced to because I doubt too many other teams give him a look.
Reply/Quote