Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Burfict
(12-23-2018, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yet the Steelers have guys like Joey Porter on their staff and all they do is win year after year. Go figure.

You're wasting your time.  The High and  Mighty Self Righteous have spoken.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:46 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I was surprised that he played. With the season done and his history of concussions I don't get why he saw the field. Of course when your head coach thinks the lingering symptoms of a concussion are caused by the media I'm not sure why I'm surprised.

Tez would be my second off season move.

1. Fire Marv and entire coaching staff

2. Cut Burficts - ineffective, unreliable, injury prone, expensive

Not happening.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burfict should be let go the first day it is the most cost-effective to do so.

And the next time he gets hurt, the trainers should just ignore him for a good bit for the way he acted yesterday towards the one trainer coming off the field.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is very easy to state behind your keyboard.

Burfict has never quit on this team. In a couple years he might not be able to walk or think, but he's given us all he has.  
Fair enough although I will stand by that the guys heart isn't into this year for some reason.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 01:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How sad will it be if that’s still our last playoff game we’re talking about like a decade from now...

That seem to be a problem around here. We seem to remember what a player ONCE was and not what they are now. After he took the chance at a cheap shot yesterday, I am ready to move on from him.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 01:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That seem to be a problem around here. We seem to remember what a player ONCE was and not what they are now. After he took the chance at a cheap shot yesterday, I am ready to move on from him.

Yep. Guys like Burfict, Glenn, Kirkpatrick...all don't perform at the level that people think they do.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Guys like Burfict, Glenn, Kirkpatrick...all don't perform at the level that people think they do.

Burfict was a Pro Bowl LB in his prime. And probably the best the Bengals have ever had. Or at least during the Marvin era anyway.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict was a Pro Bowl LB in his prime. And probably the best the Bengals have ever had. Or at least during the Marvin era anyway.

Yes - At one point he was. Not now.

That's my point. Glenn was one of the best Tackles in the game...but he's been injured most of the past 3 seasons and isn't good anymore.

Kirkpatrick had about 1 good season and that was his contract year.
Reply/Quote
I think the biggest thing with Burfict is that even if he was healthy...he's not going to be able to play within the rules that the current NFL has.

So whether he's suspended, injured, concussed...it's unlikely that he'll be able to make it a full season. Better off just moving on with a guy who will be able to play.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - At one point he was. Not now.

That's my point. Glenn was one of the best Tackles in the game...but he's been injured most of the past 3 seasons and isn't good anymore.

Kirkpatrick had about 1 good season and that was his contract year.

I don’t think you’ll find one single person on this board that would argue Burfict is playing well now.

Glenn and Kirkpatrick are up and down.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the biggest thing with Burfict is that even if he was healthy...he's not going to be able to play within the rules that the current NFL has.

So whether he's suspended, injured, concussed...it's unlikely that he'll be able to make it a full season. Better off just moving on with a guy who will be able to play.

The sheer number of concussions should really be the determining factor.  In more ways than one, his brain has been through enough.

His Legacy?  The Burfict Rule--you can't blast anybody any more.  Force equals flag.  You can take out every knee you see, but you can no longer rock someone.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 02:58 PM)McC Wrote: The sheer number of concussions should really be the determining factor.  In more ways than one, his brain has been through enough.

His Legacy?  The Burfict Rule--you can't blast anybody any more.  Force equals flag.  You can take out every knee you see, but you can no longer rock someone.

You know it's bad when he can't squeeze in a game without being concussed anymore... Dude's got a young wife/ girlfriend whatever she is. He needs to think about his future, and hopefully he's been good with his money... If not, get a job. He's not an idiot by any means. I miss the old Burfict. For that couple of years run, he was my favorite Bengal.... But it's time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote