Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Blames Teammate For Loss
If I'm not mistaken that was a reply and convo I was having with Atomic about the comments nationwide being made about Burfict every time his name is brought up. I never mentioned you. Don't mistake what I say for your personal guilt. You've established yourself on the Steelers side. Share their talking points on the wildcard game. That's not news worthy, and not worth me attacking you for this late in the offseason.

As far as my reply to Atomic, I read those comments, and they sound like comments I've read here, so who really knows if it's just Steeler fans. Plenty of Bengals fans have turned on Burfict. Which is unfortunate. And again, you won't find their fans attacking their players for unnecessary roughness against a Bengal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Sounded like Burfict called out a "teammate" and then "teammates" so he sure sounds like he's pointing fingers. The media will try to make it look worse than it is because it is the Bengals and Burfict, but I don't think it looks particularly good.
Reply/Quote
Leaders of the team need to hold guys accountable. Don't cross Burfict. Do your job, pack his parachute, and none of this will happen.
Reply/Quote
Love Burfict, but it's always a punk move to throw a teammate under the bus, especially to the media.

Jeremy Hill took his lumps like a man and publicly took the blame, so there's no need to pile on.

Honestly, I just lost some respect for Burfict. That type of crap can divide a locker room. I'm sure all the players were ticked at Hill (probably none more than himself), but you don't add fuel to the fire in March (right before some of our best players are set to hit free agency). Forget about it and roll on. Have your teammate's back for Pete's sake.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:06 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: There's that accountability we've all wanted to see!

[Image: 200.gif]

exactly!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 01:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Leaders of the team need to hold guys accountable. Don't cross Burfict. Do your job, pack his parachute, and none of this will happen.

Good point...I guess the only question is who's parachute did Burfict sabotage with his game-killing penalty at the end?
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 01:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Leaders of the team need to hold guys accountable. Don't cross Burfict. Do your job, pack his parachute, and none of this will happen.

Behind closed doors. Airing out dirty laundry for the media to take a hold of is a shitty move by Burfict.
Reply/Quote
Hill deserves plenty of blame, but in an interview setting Burfict has to take some of the blame for himself. His penalty did help the Steelers win, and it is what lead to the second 15 yard penalty. If he doesn't clock Brown then there is no dispute on the field with a Steeler coach.

He doesn't have to take ALL the blame on himself, but he has to learn how to be a better teammate when dealing with the media.
Reply/Quote
He wasn't a good teammate in college either... shocking.

Some people have no filter and never take the blame.

You'd think we'd know this by now.

I just keep looking at the time left in the game.

The position of the field.

The amount of downs.

All the cards right there.

How the hell does it even get deferred to the defense anyways?

Again...  you'd think we'd know this by now.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Saw the article on the front page of yahoo.com lol Burfict has been big time media fodder this offseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 11:47 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Let's not forget that the Bengals defense couldn't stop the Steelers from getting a first down on 4th and 5.

I still think the first order of blame is Hill, Burfict, Adam Jones.

In that order x2
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
He should be able to correctly field a question like this in his sleep. High school kids can recite any number of canned answers to this. We all have the language of coach and player speak memorized. Athletes, fans, and everything in between, we all know what you're supposed to say here.

And if any of us have learned anything by the thousands upon thousands of interviews and press conferences we've seen it's this, don't throw a teammate under the bus. Period.

Here's some examples of how to begin a reply:

"I take full responsibility, it won't happen again..."

"We win as a team, we lose as a team...

"There was 60 minutes of football, there was no one single play or player..."

"I don't think blame should be assigned to anyone particular person..."

"I've already moved on. I'm just focused on..."

"No comment..."

Any of those work. Any one of them. Why in the **** would you place blame on another player? Does that help the locker room? And it's all the worse when it shares some of that blame.

I'm sorry, any of you that look at the play and think he didn't have time to pull up are not seeing the same play as I am. If you watch the game you know there was ample time. And Adam Jones is a ***** liar too, absolute dumbass.

These interviews these two given only further prove that they're ***** morons. Absolute morons. No accountability, haven't learned a single thing. It's professional sports 101 to not handle this the way they have. Idiots. Both of them.
Reply/Quote
I was driving and I'm in PA so the Pittsburgh sports guys were all over this one. Their take seemed to be that it's a lot harder for a man to be one of the best people on earth at a very competitive job, but it's not all that hard to not be a big ol' d-bag (I'm editorializing, here) so it's amazing Burfict has the insanely difficult part so down, yet the easy part is so out of his grasp.
Reply/Quote
First Burfict didn't name any names. This is important. They/We are speculating it is Hill.

Speculation -The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Second, Hill has probably reached out to Burfict after seeing what has happened. Considering he already took the blame on Twitter, I don't need Hill to take the blame upon himself again like other people do. The info is already there people just choose to ignore it to fit the narrative.

Reply/Quote
Bad move on Burfict's part. In a perfect world Hill would use this as motivation and turn into the next Walter Payton.

However, this is something that can come back and bite us in the butt. We could see Hill come out next season and basically make a similar comment towards Burfict if he makes major mistake. We have to hope that this has no affect on our locker room.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Bad move on Burfict's part. In a perfect world Hill would use this as motivation and turn into the next Walter Payton.

However, this is something that can come back and bite us in the butt. We could see Hill come out next season and basically make a similar comment towards Burfict if he makes major mistake. We have to hope that this has no affect on our locker room.

You're right it was a bad move on Burfict's part for not questioning the hit Shazier put on Gio or the Bryant TD that wasn't a TD, or the other flag that wasn't a flag. That's 3 bad calls. Three calls that could cause the locker room to question the NFL's motive. It was also a bad move for defending the ankle twists. 

Edit:
Oh yeah, the death threat. Why wasn't that brought up either

Reply/Quote
Ghetto leadership is ghetto.  "yeah i was wrong, but he was wrong FIRST."    Whatever

Never saw Whit, Leon, or Dalton leading like this.

Man up, shut up, grow up, and use your head.

*Edit* the : whatever: emote is now Cartman  .... ok...

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 01:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Love Burfict, but it's always a punk move to throw a teammate under the bus, especially to the media.

Jeremy Hill took his lumps like a man and publicly took the blame, so there's no need to pile on.

Honestly, I just lost some respect for Burfict. That type of crap can divide a locker room. I'm sure all the players were ticked at Hill (probably none more than himself), but you don't add fuel to the fire in March (right before some of our best players are set to hit free agency). Forget about it and roll on. Have your teammate's back for Pete's sake.

Agreed. To me this is the equivalent of him screaming "Jeremy started it!!!"  
Reply/Quote
It goes both ways. Does Jeremy Hill have Burfict's back? We don't know. Like I said, I imagine the 2 of them have talked about it.

Besides and Again, Tez didn't mention anyone's name.

Bout done with the NFL i think. The fans and the game itself are really starting to turn me off. Sad

Reply/Quote
Way to show accountability Burfict, great way to divide a locker room.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote