Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Blames Teammate For Loss
Did anybody watch the interview?

The two statements were not related to each other.

He was asked if he blamed himself for the loss; he said No, but he blamed himself for the hit on AB.

Then must later in the interview he was asked to explain his reasoning for running into the tunnel after his INT and that's when he said you put faith in your teammate(s).

The title and the edit of the written article attempt to shine Burfict in am ore negative light; unfortunately, many Bengal fans are taking the bait.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Then must later in the interview he was asked to explain his reasoning for running into the tunnel after his INT and that's when he said you put faith in your teammate(s).

This part of the game, IMHO, more than any other, was the worst, most head scratching, what the frack are you doing, moment of the game.

What does this even mean, you put your faith in your teammates?  What does that have to do with running into the tunnel, ALL THE WAY INTO THE LOCKER ROOM, with damn near 2 minutes left in a 1pt game?  And it wasn't just one player, it was 5 or 6 guys, half the defense.  And they were in there awhile.

They're lucky they didn't flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct, or a delay of game, which would have driven them out of field goal range.  Not to mention there's a chance they get a safety if they play isn't blown dead.

What an idiotic play.  You want to talk stupid, or out of control?  That's the play that needs to be talked about.  What the hell were they thinking?

Ok, you put faith in your offense.  They hold on to the ball, and manage a field goal, to put your up 4.  That's assuming Nugent makes it and your shenanigans (What's the restraurant you're always talking about, Favra?) don't cost them yards.  You probably still going to have to come back, defend the kick and play a series on D.  In a single possession game.

What a ***** idiot.  You might as well say that, because you have faith in your teammates, Hill can just fumble there on purpose.  His teammates got this.  Jesus Christ, act like you have an ounce of discipline. 

Running into the tunnel and celebrating with that amount of time left, IN A PLAYOFF GAME, may be one of the dumbest things I've ever witnessed from this team.  Good God are Burfict and Jones stupid.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 08:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This part of the game, IMHO, more than any other, was the worst, most head scratching, what the frack are you doing, moment of the game.

What does this even mean, you put your faith in your teammates?  What does that have to do with running into the tunnel, ALL THE WAY INTO THE LOCKER ROOM, with damn near 2 minutes left in a 1pt game?  And it wasn't just one player, it was 5 or 6 guys, half the defense.  And they were in there awhile.

Because the interviewer questioned his reasoning for acting as if the game was over. He explained his actions by saying he had faith in his team mates to end the game. Watch the narrative now switch from Burfict throwing teammates under the bus to..........

I'll bet you thought Bo  Jackson was an idiot when he ran into the tunnel. 

Reply/Quote
Those guys thought they won a PO game for a team that hasn't won a PO game in 25 years. It was dumb and I hated it too but i get it. What I don't get is Hue's decision to hand a wet ball off to Jeremy Fumble Hill when it is poring down rain.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll bet you thought Bo  Jackson was an idiot when he ran into the tunnel. 

Wasn't that on a scoring play?  A little different when you're already running full speed into the end zone and you run an extra 5 yards, than running backwards 50 yards, into the tunnel, into the lockeroom, in a 1pt game.

If you really think these two plays are similar then you I have nothing left to say to you.  Honestly, if you reply as such, I'll probably have to put you on ignore.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Wasn't that on a scoring play?  A little different when you're already running full speed into the end zone and you run an extra 5 yards, than running backwards 50 yards, into the tunnel, into the lockeroom, in a 1pt game.

If you really think these two plays are similar then you I have nothing left to say to you.  Honestly, if you reply as such, I'll probably have to put you on ignore.

...and Burfict's play should have ended a 20 year playoff drought. The plays are not similar, but the action after the play was.

The intent of the article was to shed a poor light on Burfict; it is the writer's M.O. Click on him and read some of his headlines.

Some Bengal fans were all too quick to run with this slander for various reasons (only those that ran with it truly know).

Oh NOes!!! a threat of being placed on ignore (for some reason); I'll try to be smarter.

Reply/Quote
Honestly reading people bickering about our player's stupidity and playoff failure is quite amusing.

This team has perfected it.

Mike Brown is hunting for a slogan he can trademark... like "Threepeat".

Then again the B logo for the team instead of the leaping tiger is starting to make more and more sense now.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Watch the narrative now switch from Burfict throwing teammates under the bus to..........

The whole entire situation was stupid.  The running into the tunnel, the hit, the jawing and contact with official.  It's an undisciplined team, with Burfict being front and center.

This is a guy, who just two weeks prior, said publicly that the officials have it in for him.  So what's he do? 

This is a team, who knew going in, that the Steelers were going to try to bait them.  Marvin and many players even said as such.  They weren't going to get into that this time, they weren't going to be dragged into that situation, yada, yada, yada.  What happens?

Lance or Mo said it best after the game, this game was like a take home test.  They, of all teams, know what that team is going to do to try to get under your skin.  All week it was discussed how they had to keep their composure.  And they had complete meltdown.  Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

First that tunnel situation, which had all the looks of just a terrible disciplined team, then everything else.  Yeah, Burfict, Jones, the narrative is going to keep coming back to them being idiots.

And worst of all is the fact that no one has made themselves accountable.  Not one person or coach has stepped up.  Jones' dumbass is out there on twitter and The Dan Patrick show calling Brown a faker and making himself look ridiculous in the process.  Burfict hasn't owned up to being out of line.  And even his DC is inserting a whole lot of buts into the mix.  It's one excuse and rationalization after another.

Anybody watches that 2 minutes unfold that is not wearing orange and black or black and yellow is left wondering the hell is going on with these two dirty ass teams.  And Burfict, rightfully so, is front and center.  The ************ twisted enough ankles to never earn the benefit of the doubt.  Guy needs to clean it up.  Period.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and Burfict's play should have ended a 20 year playoff drought.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

It takes a special kind of team to **** that up doesn't it?  But hey, I'm sure this is going to be their yearRolleyes
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh NOes!!! a threat of being placed on ignore (for some reason); I'll try to be smarter.

It's not a threat, nor do I care how your proceed.  It's really me just wondering if you are even worth the time. Even now, I'm continuing to waste time, on an absolutely absurd comparison.

If I need to explain to the difference between running 91 yards in for a score, and continuing to run 5 more feet into the tunnel, once the ball is dead, from running backwards 50 yards, into the tunnel, then into the lockeroom, in a 1pt playoff game, with 2 minutes left, then I think you've answered my question.

Why would you reference a play like that if you don't think the player's actions are similar?
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Why would you reference a play like that if you don't think the player's actions are similar?

uuuuhhhhmmmmm..........Because they both purposely ran into the tunnel?

Reply/Quote
[Image: i-need-popcorn-aqx9h6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuuhhhhmmmmm..........Because they both purposely ran into the tunnel?

So if I brought up the fact that Calvin Johnson once dropped a pass in an exhibition game, when AJ Green dropped a game winner in the end zone, I would be adding to the discussion?

Why are we still talking about Bo Jackson?  It's not anything like the situation we're discussing.  
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So if I brought up the fact that Calvin Johnson once dropped a pass in an exhibition game, when AJ Green dropped a game winner in the end zone, I would be adding to the discussion?

Why are we still talking about Bo Jackson?  It's not anything like the situation we're discussing.  

We are talking about Bo Jackson to show your hypocrisy. This thread and the linked article was designed to shine Burfict in the light of throwing his teammate under the bus; however, when someone watches the actual interview it is obvious that is not what he was doing. So to keep the hate train in full motion the narrative turns to Burfict is an  idiot for running into the tunnel. 

He was doing nothing more than celebrating what he thought was a long awaited franchise playoff win and most likely had a sense of jubilation that few feel in their lives. His celebration was not stupid it didn't result in any penalty; he was simply saying "My teammates got the rest; I'm  out". If he were a Packer he may have ran to the End Zone and leaped into the stands, if he were Cam Newton he may have dapted and given the ball to a kid.

The article was an attempt to get the more gullible (or those with a bias against VB) to believe VB was blaming his teammates for the loss by splicing quotes from 2 different portions of a long interview together.

Reply/Quote
To me, there is a big difference between the mistake that Hill made and the mistake that Burfict made.

There was a play made on Hill and his fumble was completely unavoidable. He had no choice whether he wanted to fumble or not. His mistake was was not made by choice. He had no conscience decision to say "do I want to, or do I not want to fumble this ball?"

Burfict's was. In my opinion, Burfict acted on conscience and had a choice on if and how he wanted to hit Antonio Brown.

Two mistakes. One is acceptable (by me anyway) because its the game of football and those kinds of mistakes happen (show me a running back that has never fumbled). The other mistake is unacceptable. That was a conscience choice by Burfict to do something that directly resulted in harming his team. He went for personal satisfaction over the greater good of the team.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
There is much blame to go around in this loss.

It was a debacle of an ending reminiscent of a three stooges show in last few minutes.

But am over it now and ready to move forward. Wish they would take same attitude and focus on upcoming year.

It is spilled milk now !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 12:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: To me, there is a big difference between the mistake that Hill made and the mistake that Burfict made.

There was a play made on Hill and his fumble was completely unavoidable. He had no choice whether he wanted to fumble or not. His mistake was was not made by choice. He had no conscience decision to say "do I want to, or do I not want to fumble this ball?"

Burfict's was. In my opinion, Burfict acted on conscience and had a choice on if and how he wanted to hit Antonio Brown.

Two mistakes. One is acceptable (by me anyway) because its the game of football and those kinds of mistakes happen (show me a running back that has never fumbled). The other mistake is unacceptable. That was a conscience choice by Burfict to do something that directly resulted in harming his team. He went for personal satisfaction over the greater good of the team.

You're right.   Hill did not decide to fumble the ball. 

However he did choose to fight for yards instead, of wrapping up the ball and going down safely.

Both players still made poor decisions.

Hill accepted his.  Classy move.

Burfict did not.  Unclassy move.

Vontaze really needs to accept some blame and move on.  Not point fingers at the one guy who showed class in accepting blame.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can't we just blame this one on TO and move on?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 09:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't we just blame this one on TO and move on?

The hell with him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Burfict isn't wrong. Hill cost the Bengals that game...and cost Burfict 3 more games. Take Ezekial Elliott with pick 24 and let Hill ply his fumble-laden trade elsewhere.
Reply/Quote