Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Changed?
(08-01-2017, 05:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You are absolutely allowed to hit a player in the legs. Its the quarterback that you are not allowed to hit in the legs/knees. 

Tell that to the Steelers crying about Bell every year. Or Newton crying about it while he runs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Here's the vid

https://mobile.twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/892469815931273216/video/1
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tell that to the Steelers crying about Bell every year. Or Newton crying about it while he runs.

When Newton runs hes not a QB...

and its not Burficts fault Bell breaks when he tackles him..

He tackles lots of dudes and they don't break  lol
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:33 PM)Trademark Wrote: Here's the vid

This should be in the OP. Most just see the headline without knowing the context of "low". In watching it for the 3rd time I think he may have actually started above the waist.
Reply/Quote

That hit was nothing and compared to what the Steelers will be trying to do to him, it's a pat on the back.  It is tackle football.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No offense but Burfict can be too aggressive at times. Clay Matthews can be too though.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:38 PM)McC Wrote: That hit was nothing and compared to what the Steelers will be trying to do to him, it's a pat on the back.  It is tackle football.

What the Steelers did to Palmer years ago that made me mad. We got revenge for you guys in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Looks like he shoved the RB coach. Needs to be addressed internally, and I imagine he will be fined by the team and punished.

Too fiery of LBs is a non issue to me
Reply/Quote

Thx for clip.

The hit isnt what caused the commotion. It was when the coach went up to Burfict, and Burfict gave him a little push which set the flares off. It was at the 8 second mark.

That is more serious than breaking a tackling rule of practice. If I was Marvin, I would have ejected him for the rest of practice. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: This should be in the OP. Most just see the headline without knowing the context of "low". In watching it for the 3rd time I think he may have actually started above the waist.

That's exactly what I saw. Kind of just slid down his body. He will get a talking to though for reacting like he did to a coach. If it was a non-tackling day then I could see McKasky getting angry for the tackle. 
Reply/Quote
Funny thing is, Eifert is the first one to go flying into the melee!!!
Reply/Quote

For real?

That was absolutely nothing. Don't want the player hit put him on the sidelines with Ross. 

As to the RB coach getting pushed: Stay out of the lion's den unless you are prepared to get bit.

Reminds me of when Harrison was on the team and they had that clip of Gruden asking him not to hit AJ.

I do like that Big Ced was one of the first to get in the mix up. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Same reason why you love Burfict is the same reason why you hate him. He is a dirty football player not that I care because he is on my favorite team. Also the truth is you need to have some dirty players on your team to win a championship.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real?

That was absolutely nothing. Don't want the player hit put him on the sidelines with Ross. 

As to the RB coach getting pushed: Stay out of the lion's den unless you are prepared to get bit.

Reminds me of when Harrison was on the team and they had that clip of Gruden asking him not to hit AJ.

Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr
"It was a non-tackling drill. It's a thud drill. You aren't supposed to tackle. Especially the guy 8 months off ACL surgery."

I think the better option is if you dont want a player hit in a non-tackling drill, put Burfict on the sidelines. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
So he did it once. Get back to me if he does again. Then it will be an issue. He's a LB. A guy came at him with the ball and DNA kicked in. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 07:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr
"It was a non-tackling drill. It's a thud drill. You aren't supposed to tackle. Especially the guy 8 months off ACL surgery."

I think the better option is if you dont want a player hit in a non-tackling drill, put Burfict on the sidelines. 

So carl Lawson too since he threw Mixon to the ground by his neck two plays later right?
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real?

It didn't look like a huge deal, but he did clearly dive at Gio's in a drill where he was supposed to wrap up, but not tackle.  I can forgive that, as it may have just been instinct.

Pushing the coach is more of the issue to me, and is just evidence that he still hasn't figured it out.  If he can't make it through practice without losing his cool and pushing one of his own coaches, there's little reason to think he can make it through a high stakes game without being baited into taking a costly penalty.
Reply/Quote
There would be no Tweets, articles, or threads about it if the jersey number was any other than 55 or 24...
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 07:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr

Oh I have no problem with the Offense taking offense (see what I did); however, it was a contact drill players are going to get fired up and players are going to get hit. 

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 07:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: It didn't look like a huge deal, but he did clearly dive at Gio's in a drill where he was supposed to wrap up, but not tackle.  I can forgive that, as it may have just been instinct.

Pushing the coach is more of the issue to me, and is just evidence that he still hasn't figured it out.  If he can't make it through practice without losing his cool and pushing one of his own coaches, there's little reason to think he can make it through a high stakes game without being baited into taking a costly penalty.

I actually have less of an issue with the coach getting pushed than I do the tackle. At that time that was the opposing team's coach getting in his face (ala Jerry Porter). If I were the LB coach they would have had to separate me and the coach that got in Burfict's face. 

Reply/Quote