Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Dirty? According to AFCN beat writers....
Yes

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/22888/afc-north-qa-is-vontaze-burfict-dirty-or-just-ultra-competitive
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I love Burfict. Bought his jersey mainly because of the media witch hunt after that game. Let's embrace being the bad guy. Make the Steelers players hate seeing us twice a year.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 11:37 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I love Burfict. Bought his jersey mainly because of the media witch hunt after that game. Let's embrace being the bad guy. Make the Steelers players hate seeing us twice a year.

Well, now the Steelers love to face Burfict in the playoffs. Second only to Jeremy Hill in making the impossible possible.
Reply/Quote
Well.... If they say so, it must be true.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Shazier had just as bad of a hit, but you don't hear people crying about that. The Steelers coaches were being dirty and they don't talk about that. When Burfict hits a receiver hard with his shoulder the world explodes.
Reply/Quote
Burfict just needs to adjust to the rule changes.  That hit on Brown would have been perfectly legal in the past, and most non-Steeler analysts, after review of the tape, say it was a clean hit, because Williams hit on Brown, from the front, jarred Brown's head into the path of Burfict's shoulder.

Ray Lewis said he had to adjust his play during his career, because of rule changes.

Heck, they used to call Jack Tatum, a cornerback, 'The Assassin', for crying out loud!

Burfict just needs to adjust to the rules, but don't lose his style of play at all.

BTW, my son's old college roommate is working in a training facility down here in Coral Springs, Florida.  They have a guest NCAA football player and an NFL player to work with members until camp starts at the end of July.

The NFL player at this facility is none other than Vontaze Burfict!!  The roommate told my son to send him a Bengals cap and he'd get Burfict to sign it!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
I didn't even think this was in question. Folks seem to get confused that since others are dirty, it absolves Burfict and everything is okay because others do it too. Some people are simply blinded by the fact that Burfict plays for their favorite team. Regardless, Burfict is a dirty player. That does not mean every hit or play are dirty. He has built that reputation and he seems to enjoy it.

I like Vontaze. I like the energy and fire he brings to the defense. He needs to be able to play within the rules though. Twisting ankles, tapping guys in the balls, and all that other bullshit needs to stop. He can still be intimidating without going over the line. Just think how much more valuable Burfict would be to the team without all of the personal foul flags and without being suspended. For all the great things he does for the D he also hurts the team with penalties. All he has to do is play within himself and the rules. He could be just as dominant without the negatives. That's what being a professional means.

I take what the Steelers and their fans say with a grain a salt. The Steelers have been dirty and will always be dirty. Because of their history and millions of bandwagon fans, they seem to get a pass. They can beat the shit out of the Bengals and nary a flag will be thrown. Now that the Bengals have a couple of guys that dish it right back at them, the whining is unreal.
Reply/Quote
I hate Jamison Hensley... Such a smug POS.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would say yes but he is channeling it in a more correct manner as of lately.

Early In his career, there was a lot of after the whistle shenanigans.

Most of his issues come now from playing too hard, not from petty cheap shots.

I have much more respect for knocking a guy out of the game with a big hit than twisting ankles.

To me, Burfict has become a much less dirty player in the last 2 years, but circumstances such as Pitts aversion to staying healthy work against him.

All we have to worry about is firkin Goodell bringing the hammer down on him for god knows what.

I think Burfict will play smart this year, he will still probably lead the league in personal fouls, but I think he will be smarter about it... like Talib in the super bowl!
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 10:25 AM)muskiesfan Wrote:  Burfict is a dirty player. That does not mean every hit or play are dirty. He has built that reputation and he seems to enjoy it.

I like Vontaze. I like the energy and fire he brings to the defense. He needs to be able to play within the rules though. Twisting ankles, tapping guys in the balls, and all that other bullshit needs to stop. He can still be intimidating without going over the line. Just think how much more valuable Burfict would be to the team without all of the personal foul flags and without being suspended. For all the great things he does for the D he also hurts the team with penalties. All he has to do is play within himself and the rules. He could be just as dominant without the negatives. That's what being a professional means.

Rep.
Reply/Quote
Dirty schmirty.. I'm pretty sure he takes a shower and washes his hands just as often as most NFL players. I mean if the federal government decided out of the blue to make singing Happy Birthday a felony it wouldn't suddenly make us all dirty for singing Happy Birthday. This is a case of conceived nonsense. Breaking a new rule here and there isn't exactly the same as breaking long established rules that have been in force in every nation on earth for the past 1000 years...such as murder, theft, etc..
As soon as he's tried and convicted of taking bribes and doing something really nefarious like poisoning the water supply in a metropolitan area for profit then we can all say he's dirty. For now he's just a good football player who goes overboard a bit.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Eh, Burfict has played dirty in the past and he needs to clean that up. He could beat up teams like the Steelers
without the personal fouls. He needs to hold himself back especially after the whistle. All three Steeler games
last year Burfict kept going after the whistle and while i love the way he hates them bastids as much as me
that just cannot fly otherwise the flags do.

I think Burfict will tone it back after the suspension and with Haslett's help he will get even better than he has
been. Dude is a hunter out there, love it.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 11:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/22888/afc-north-qa-is-vontaze-burfict-dirty-or-just-ultra-competitive

blah, blah, blah - Burfict is just better than they are. A routine tackle on Bell sending him down for the count is not a dirty play. The worse hit was on Brown and I doubt that would have happened if the refs had called the spearing done to Gio.

Reply/Quote
Sure...'dirty'...when finally somebody on the Bengals roster gets tired of constantly taking the dirt and starts standing up to the bully, that player gets deemed 'dirty'.

Rookie and Sophmore year:
Burfict would get picked on by Steeler offensive linemen with cheap shots all day long until he got pissed and started picking on them...now he's dirty. EFF the 'dirty' playsayers, standing up for yourself, then adding 'assertiveness' ..... 'dirty'.

Present:
Bengals (finally in a long time) has a -no-shit-hit-first-type of player, which I am a huge fan, and keeps that intensity the whole game...yes, the rules are not in his favor, but I believe he can still play intense, and mentally intact while bending the rules, not breaking them until they change the rules again.

Thank you Burfict for never backing down, putting the 'growl' into this been bullied AFC North organization.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 09:58 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Sure...'dirty'...when finally somebody on the Bengals roster gets tired of constantly taking the dirt and starts standing up to the bully, that player gets deemed 'dirty'.

Rookie and Sophmore year:
Burfict would get picked on by Steeler offensive linemen with cheap shots all day long until he got pissed and started picking on them...now he's dirty. EFF the 'dirty' playsayers, standing up for yourself, then adding 'assertiveness' ..... 'dirty'.

Present:
Bengals (finally in a long time) has a -no-shit-hit-first-type of player, which I am a huge fan, and keeps that intensity the whole game...yes, the rules are not in his favor, but I believe he can still play intense, and mentally intact while bending the rules, not breaking them until they change the rules again.

Thank you Burfict for never backing down, putting the 'growl' into this been bullied AFC North organization.

I do agree that players did come after him early in his career. They knew they could get a rise out of him (most personal fouls his senior year of college) and often were nipping at him at the bottom of piles... Guess that backfired lol.

It's always dirtier when you pick on the fan favorites. Not to say this wasn't dirty, but would Suh stepping on Blaine Gabbert have gotten as much of a rise out of ppl as him stepping on the untouchable Aaron Rodgers.... ya idk.
Reply/Quote
Vontaz is dirty but I could care less. Linebackers are not supposed to be nice or liked around the league their supposed to bring fear and toughness. I have a bigger problem with him being overweight than him being dirty.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 12:16 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Shazier had just as bad of a hit, but you don't hear people crying about that. The Steelers coaches were being dirty and they don't talk about that. When Burfict hits a receiver hard with his shoulder the world explodes.

Exactly.  And I don't care what anyone says, he pulled up.  He could have removed his head from his body, but instead gave more of a glancing blow.

None of his other hits were dirty.  The hit on Bell was a routine tackle.  The hit on Pig Ben, similarly clean.  The problem began when he twisted the ankle of Greg Olsen and it was seen by the eye in the sky.  There was no need for that and it labeled him right then and there.  Now, merely playing the game gets him flagged.  

That combined with the fact that the NFL has no desire for a so-called "small market" team with a puny fan base (Nationally) to win the Super Bowl.  They have made their own bed with Burfict and Jones (the helmet removing shot on Amari Cooper) and now the entire team pays for it.  

It is frustrating at times, but let's not act like Jones and Burfict lost that playoff game.  They were, in large part, the reason they were in position to win that game.  Hill's fumble lost it.  It happens.  Even with the bias and their stupid penalties, I would rather have a team that has fight and says "F*^% you , NFL, we are here to win!" and plays with a boulder-sized chip on their shoulder.  

The bottom line is:  if this were pittsburgh or New England, they would be talking about their greatness, toughness, and how they play real "old-school football".  However, this is little old Cincinnati.  And they have been a punching bag for so long, now the NFL and the media want them to stay a punching bag, even though they are winning.  
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 09:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: blah, blah, blah - Burfict is just better than they are. A routine tackle on Bell sending him down for the count is not a dirty play. The worse hit was on Brown and I doubt that would have happened if the refs had called the spearing done to Gio.

Dead on.  And guess what?  After the refs lost control of the game with that no-call, that is when all hell broke loose.  I honestly thought Gio was paralyzed.  I'm 47 years old and supposedly "matured" beyond rash stupidity, but if I had been on the field after that, I would have been looking to "sweep the leg".  I'm being honest here, because I remember how friggin angry I was at that point and time and I'm just a fan.  If someone dirtbagged a teammate like that, I would likely be looking to even the score.  Right or wrong, I know that it what would be coursing through my veins.  
Reply/Quote
Dirty if its against the steAlers, right?  But just hard nosed and aggressive if he played for the steAlers. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 09:40 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Dirty if its against the steAlers, right?  But just hard nosed and aggressive if he played for the steAlers. 

We all know there is a double standard guys.

But the nut tap and the ankle twist looked like dirty plays by Burfict. The ones against the Steelers were
not in my opinion but the dude does hate the bastids which i think makes him go over the line at times.

I actually love this about Taze myself cause it is rare to see a player hate them as much as me. Hilarious

The plays after the whistle need to be cleaned up which are not dirty but also are not smart.

He needs to clean this up and i believe he will. Still cannot help loving how he has gotten into all these
bitches heads. It is honestly very refreshing and shows how good of an old school football player Taze is.
Reply/Quote