Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burfict: I'm Being Singled Out, I'll Have To Change
(02-25-2016, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Suh got suspended for a PLAYOFF GAME.

Is that what you want?  You'd rather see Burfict injure a player and have him miss a playoff game because you think the only way to win is to play dirty?

Suh has also seen the light while Burfict has not.

and it was overturned, so he didn't miss any games. Burfict was suspended for 3 games and lost his appeal.

Suh hasn't seen the lights, he's seen the Money :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 08:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Take the facemasks off and go back to soft helmets. I bet a lot would change. 

Such a great idea. Not like the nfl hasnt spent millions on researching this stuff. Im sure youre right tho.

some fans are just delusional. Not only with this team but really all teams. You hear patriots fans claiming the pats would never cheat (which obviously theyve cheated before in some shape or form). I have seen lebron fans claiming lebron is "clutch" (lets be real, the guy melts in the closing minutes of all close games) now i am hearing from bengals fans (my all-time favorite sports team) that Vontaze Burfict had no time "to adjust" and the hit was just a unfortunate hit and shouldnt be flagged. The guy was out the next week with a concussion. 

The guy could of hurt him alot worse, yeah I get that. He still took it to the level that was really, too far,  flagrant, and was... Well just not needed.
Reply/Quote
^Never said it shouldn't have been flagged. Forgive the old school guys who are having a hard time adjusting to the new rules. My beef has to do with the "dirty" aspect and how out of control it has become. Yes Tez has done dirty things. YES HE HAS. I just don't feel this play falls under that criteria.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 10:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: ^Never said it shouldn't have been flagged. Forgive the old school guys who are having a hard time adjusting to the new rules. My beef has to do with the "dirty" aspect and how out of control it has become. Yes Tez has done dirty things. YES HE HAS. I just don't feel this play falls under that criteria.

Agreed 100%. The fact it resulted in an unprecedented 3 game suspension is what pisses me off a rediculous amount. And the fact there are Bengal fans ok with this pisses me off even more.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 10:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: ^Never said it shouldn't have been flagged. Forgive the old school guys who are having a hard time adjusting to the new rules. My beef has to do with the "dirty" aspect and how out of control it has become. Yes Tez has done dirty things. YES HE HAS. I just don't feel this play falls under that criteria.

Absolutely.  This was just a bang-bang play.    Burfict needs to understand that it doesn't matter who it is or whether it's intentional - helmet to helmet on a defenseless player is a penalty.  Maybe he's confused because he sees the Steelers doing it without a flag.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 02:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Agreed 100%. The fact it resulted in an unprecedented 3 game suspension is what pisses me off a rediculous amount. And the fact there are Bengal fans ok with this pisses me off even more.

Its not that some of us are "okay" with it. We are not delusional, and we see where the NFL is coming from.

Vontaze has been fined for this stuff how many times???? There were videos spiraling all over the internet of vontazes dirty plays before the AB hit. Everybody was EXPECTING vontaze to pull a dirty play before this game. Everyone knew he'd do something ridiculous this game, because of the bloodbath at PIT earlier this year. 

I personally thought the suspension should of been reduced to 2, but i knew it wasnt because they seemed pretty firm about it.

Believe me, vontaze burfict is one of the best LBs in the game. I want that man on my team. MOST defensive players actually ARE dirty! But this man is on surveillance, so he has to cut it out. 
Reply/Quote
Vontaz will have to change the way he plays and he will also have to change his body some if he wants to be considered an elite LB going forward.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 02:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Agreed 100%. The fact it resulted in an unprecedented 3 game suspension is what pisses me off a rediculous amount. And the fact there are Bengal fans ok with this pisses me off even more.

Good Post Was the hit dirty? Did he intentionally hit brown? Questions only we can speculate on, but has a Bengal fan I choose to believe what Burfict or any one in the organization says. I will go to my grave knowing the boys were screwed from the hit on gio on. Screw you Pittsburgh. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 12:00 AM)Gohards Wrote: Its not that some of us are "okay" with it. We are not delusional, and we see where the NFL is coming from.

Vontaze has been fined for this stuff how many times???? There were videos spiraling all over the internet of vontazes dirty plays before the AB hit. Everybody was EXPECTING vontaze to pull a dirty play before this game. Everyone knew he'd do something ridiculous this game, because of the bloodbath at PIT earlier this year. 

I personally thought the suspension should of been reduced to 2, but i knew it wasnt because they seemed pretty firm about it.

Believe me, vontaze burfict is one of the best LBs in the game. I want that man on my team. MOST defensive players actually ARE dirty! But this man is on surveillance, so he has to cut it out. 

would you rather him curl up in fetal position? I've seen Pitt bust in the mouth and bully us too much. Glad we have an enforcer don't lose your edge vontaze, bust them in mouth every chance you get. I'm pissed not so much mad at Burfict as I am at pac man for letting porter bait him in. Where's the penalty for his ass being on the field? The hit n gio didnt draw penalty . I bet AB will be thinking next time he crosses up the middle. Love vontazes intense play just rope it in a little and lead these boys to a ship. Any team in the league would give their right nut to have Burfict, leading their backers. Put him in steelers uniform and he's a hard nose player, but wearing the stripes he a thug.  Get use to it NFL Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
^I'm with you here 100%
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 03:54 AM)J24 Wrote: Vontaz will have to change the way he plays and he will also have to change his body some if he wants to be considered an elite LB going forward.

Huh? If his body led to what we saw after coming back from injury he can keep it. Saw none of our linebackers with better bodies making diving interceptions....
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 08:30 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: would you rather him curl up in fetal position? I've seen Pitt bust in the mouth and bully us too much. Glad we have an enforcer don't lose your edge vontaze, bust them in mouth every chance you get. I'm pissed not so much mad at Burfict as I am at pac man for letting porter bait him in. Where's the penalty for his ass being on the field? The hit n gio didnt draw penalty . I bet AB will be thinking next time he crosses up the middle. Love vontazes intense play just rope it in a little and lead these boys to a ship. Any team in the league would give their right nut to have Burfict, leading their backers. Put him in steelers uniform and he's a hard nose player, but wearing the stripes he a thug.  Get use to it NFL Rock On

Abso - damn - lutely !!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 08:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not sure why you used the coal miner thing. Thats my point. Occupational hazards. They exsist. What do you think coal mining is 100% safe now?

Then my [point went over your head.

I used coal mining because that is what the mone owbners used to tell the coal miners.  Either sacrifice your life as a coal miner or find another job.

And that was crazy talk becaus eit was possibl to mine coal without killing or ruining the health of miners.  And that is exactly what we have with football.  A person who has the chance to make millions of dollars playing football shoudl not have to risk getting brain damage just so some fan can fulfill his bloodlust.  Football is stilla great game without the headshot.  I don't need to see headshots to enjoy football.

So I choose not to cry about people not risking brain damage just for my entertainment.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 08:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: You know.....defy physics.

So you honestly believe that if the ball had arrived later to Brown then it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for Burfict to make any adjustment to make a play on the ball?

If he had down that it would the you would have said he defied the laws of physics?

Because I see defenders making ajustmenst all the time when they are yards away froma receiver.  Guess they are all just wizards.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 10:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think BUrfict was listening to the announcers, so I will just note that Burfict was not even in the frame when the ball goes through Browns hands and that the the ball was 10 yards past the receiver when Burfit made the hit.

Fred, you are entitled to you own opinion on the play.  However you are NOT entitled to change the facts to fit that opinion.

[Image: another%20angle%20moment%20of%20impact_zpsvh5bfs8m.png]

The ball is 4, perhaps even 5 yards past Brown.  Not 10 yards.  You have seen the above pic before, as I have posted it in a previous thread that you and I were discussing this exact same play.  Please stop with your lying, it does nothing to help your argument.  Everyone on the boards can see where the ball is at the moment of impact, and it is NOT 10 yards past Antonio Brown.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you honestly believe that if the ball had arrived later to Brown then it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for Burfict to make any adjustment to make a play on the ball?

If he had down that it would the you would have said he defied the laws of physics?

Because I see defenders making ajustmenst all the time when they are yards away froma receiver.  Guess they are all just wizards.

This is a strawman argument.  The ball did not arrive later.  So it is merely a hypothetical scenario.  The counter argument is regardless of the timing of the ball arriving, there is NO WAY that Burfict would have been able to make a play on the ball.  Antonio Brown is  a FAR better athlete than Burfict, and Brown barely got his hands on the ball.  Clearly you're not suggesting that Burfict at 260ish pounds, and his amazing 30 in vertical leap (before the knee surgery) is best off trying to make a play on the ball that he CLEARLY knows he has no chance reaching, than to make a play on the Antonio Brown are you?  

Sorry, but I doubt anyone else on the boards, nor any of the Bengals coaches, nor Vontaze Burfict would agree that he should be playing the ball on a high throw against pretty much any wide receiver in the league, outside the small gadget players like Baby Hawk, let alone against the player that has caught more passes over a 3 year span than any other player in the history of the NFL.  I trust Vontaze Burfict to understand his limitations as an athlete, and make the adjustments to his game to compensate for them.  

Since you wish to play the "WHAT IF" game with the ball arrive a bit later, let's also lower the pass by say 3 inches, and then let have Burfict make the play on the ball instead of Brown.  MOST LIKELY the  result would be Brown making the catch with the ball sailing 8 or so inches over Burficts outstreched hand.   Burfict making contact with CLEW, and Brown breaking free.  
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 01:15 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: This is a strawman argument.  The ball did not arrive later.  So it is merely a hypothetical scenario.  The counter argument is regardless of the timing of the ball arriving, there is NO WAY that Burfict would have been able to make a play on the ball.  Antonio Brown is  a FAR better athlete than Burfict, and Brown barely got his hands on the ball.  Clearly you're not suggesting that Burfict at 260ish pounds, and his amazing 30 in vertical leap (before the knee surgery) is best off trying to make a play on the ball that he CLEARLY knows he has no chance reaching, than to make a play on the Antonio Brown are you?  

Sorry, but I doubt anyone else on the boards, nor any of the Bengals coaches, nor Vontaze Burfict would agree that he should be playing the ball on a high throw against pretty much any wide receiver in the league, outside the small gadget players like Baby Hawk, let alone against the player that has caught more passes over a 3 year span than any other player in the history of the NFL.  I trust Vontaze Burfict to understand his limitations as an athlete, and make the adjustments to his game to compensate for them.  

Since you wish to play the "WHAT IF" game with the ball arrive a bit later, let's also lower the pass by say 3 inches, and then let have Burfict make the play on the ball instead of Brown.  MOST LIKELY the  result would be Brown making the catch with the ball sailing 8 or so inches over Burficts outstreched hand.   Burfict making contact with CLEW, and Brown breaking free.  

You completely missed the point.  all I was saying was that since Burfict clearly saw that there was not going to be a catch he couls have doen somethingopthjer than dip his shoulder to take a shot at Brwon.  It is possible for NFL players to make body adjustments in the much space.  It is not like they just launch themselves from 5 yards away with no control over their bodies.  I see them do it all the time.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You completely missed the point.  all I was saying was that since Burfict clearly saw that there was not going to be a catch he couls have doen somethingopthjer than dip his shoulder to take a shot at Brwon.  It is possible for NFL players to make body adjustments in the much space.  It is not like they just launch themselves from 5 yards away with no control over their bodies.  I see them do it all the time.

No, I didn't miss the point at all.  You're trying to twist the actual facts and create a straw man argument to fit your narrative.  If the ball was 3 inches lower, Brown likely makes that catch.  The pass did hit his hands.  I see wide receivers make amazing catches every single week.  Do you not see those as well?  Or do you only see the defensive players making great plays on the ball?   

I'm not even going to debate the initial distance of 5 yards being between Burfict and Brown.  But remind me again,  was Brown stationary during the play, and Burfict actually covered those 5 yards all by himself?  If indeed Brown was not stationary, remind again in which direction he was moving.  Was he moving towards Burfict as well?  I think thats what the video shows.  But you may have seen it differently.  But going only by what I think the video shows, it would seem Brown also covered about half of the initial distance himself as he was moving INTO the direction of Burfict.  If you see it differently, please explain what it is that you see. 

You keep saying Burfict could have done "something" to avoid the contact. Can you please say specifically what this "something" is that you think he could have done?
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 10:33 AM)CincyProduct Wrote: Huh? If his body led to what we saw after coming back from injury he can keep it. Saw none of our linebackers with better bodies making diving interceptions....

He can't cover anyone man to man.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 01:40 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: You keep saying Burfict could have done "something" to avoid the contact.  Can you please say specifically  what this "something" is that you think he could have done?

Instead oif dipping his shoulder to hit Brown just twist his body in the other direction.

Two guys running into each other doesn't draw a flag.  One guy dipping his shoulder to hit a defensless receiver does.
Reply/Quote