Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and Jones Are Across The Street!
They're playing the golf course that's directly across from my place! My parents, brother, and sister all belong there, so they let me go.

Should I go over there and bro them up?! Should I at least tell them how pumped we all are for the season?!

I'm about to go to the gym next to the country club, so it would be an easy stop off!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 06:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They're playing the golf course that's directly across from my place!  My parents, brother, and sister all belong there, so they let me go.

Should I go over there and bro them up?!  Should I at least tell them how pumped we all are for the season?!

I'm about to go to the gym next to the country club, so it would be an easy stop off!

Sure, why not? I seen Burfict at Jack's a couple years ago. Hes a lot bigger than I thought he would be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give us the full report.

Reply/Quote
Nah, let them enjoy their peaceful day in anonymity. It would be different, if you happened to run into them in passing, and recognized them. But, seeking them out on a golf course is getting kinda borderline stalker-ish.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, let them enjoy their peaceful day in anonymity.  It would be different, if you happened to run into them in passing, and recognized them.  But, seeking them out on a golf course is getting kinda borderline stalker-ish.

Wait for them in the locker room.

By the showers.

Shy
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, let them enjoy their peaceful day in anonymity.  It would be different, if you happened to run into them in passing, and recognized them.  But, seeking them out on a golf course is getting kinda borderline stalker-ish.

A couple years go, I did some Uber driving.  Was downtown, had two twenty somethings in the car.  Was a Saturday afternoon in the early fall.  Came up from Second Street on Vine, turned on 4th St, stopped at a light.  Who walks toward us but Homer Bailey.  I say, Hey, that's Homer Bailey.   Both these guys are huge Reds fans.  They both freak out.  We were a couple blocks from their destination.  I say, get out here, go talk to him, say hello, shake his hand, whatnot.

They're both too scared.  I pull over right next to Homer, get out, Hey, Homer, how's it going.  He comes toward me, hand out, Doing pretty good, how bout you? 

We shake hands, I tell him about the weinies in my car, want to say hello, too shy to do so.  Homer walks over to the car, they lower the window, he leans in, shakes their hands, chats them up for a couple minutes, sign several things for both of them.  These dudes were in seventh heaven.  Homer could not have been more of a gentleman. 

The whole thing takes about five minutes, we get back in the car, I take them the rest of the way, they thank me the whole way there, tip me fifty bucks.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I'd say it's all in the approach.  If you come up like a normal human being, you're probably okay.  If you come at them in the middle of a shot, then you might have a problem.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 07:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wait for them in the locker room.

By the showers.

Shy

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
It would be cool to meet Tez for sure. No matter what happens going forward he’ll always be one of my favorite all time Bengals.

I’ve never got lucky enough to meet any of the players out in public. Saw Katie and Troy Blackburn at a Thai restaurant a while back, but needless to say I wasn’t overly enthusiastic to meet them or say anything nice lol

Reply/Quote
Brad, here is a tip to get them to talk to you.  Jones likes to be called "My b*tch".
Reply/Quote
Didn't your brother play golf with Pac before?

(05-12-2017, 01:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My brother is playing in a golf outing and his group's celebrity is Pacman!

He asked him if he knows me and his quote was "everybody knows Brad!"
(05-15-2017, 11:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Jones did take a picture to send me when he found out that he was my brother!
Reply/Quote
I'm probably the only person who caught that movie "Big Fan" on HBO that one night, but I'm getting some serious "Big Fan" vibes from the potential of this situation!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 08:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm probably the only person who caught that movie "Big Fan" on HBO that one night, but I'm getting some serious "Big Fan" vibes from the potential of this situation!

I’ve seen it. crazy movie. I always like Patton Oswalt.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 07:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Brad, here is a tip to get them to talk to you.  Jones likes to be called "My b*tch".

Stop, you're killing me.  Fred, you are on a roll.  

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 06:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They're playing the golf course that's directly across from my place! My parents, brother, and sister all belong there, so they let me go.

Should I go over there and bro them up?! Should I at least tell them how pumped we all are for the season?!

Just don’t go onto the field of play. Adam Jones might go off on you and get a 15-yard penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The key to talking to famous people is by treating them like a normal everyday person.

They rarely get that after fame and will usually enjoy it and want to converse longer.

On a golf course talk golf, beer, and such.

At the end you can mention your adoration.

Be all starstruck and get a hi, thank you and a goodbye.

May even get a new friend because not many people do this except other stars.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 07:16 PM)McC Wrote: A couple years go, I did some Uber driving.  Was downtown, had two twenty somethings in the car.  Was a Saturday afternoon in the early fall.  Came up from Second Street on Vine, turned on 4th St, stopped at a light.  Who walks toward us but Homer Bailey.  I say, Hey, that's Homer Bailey.   Both these guys are huge Reds fans.  They both freak out.  We were a couple blocks from their destination.  I say, get out here, go talk to him, say hello, shake his hand, whatnot.

They're both too scared.  I pull over right next to Homer, get out, Hey, Homer, how's it going.  He comes toward me, hand out, Doing pretty good, how bout you? 

We shake hands, I tell him about the weinies in my car, want to say hello, too shy to do so.  Homer walks over to the car, they lower the window, he leans in, shakes their hands, chats them up for a couple minutes, sign several things for both of them.  These dudes were in seventh heaven.  Homer could not have been more of a gentleman. 

The whole thing takes about five minutes, we get back in the car, I take them the rest of the way, they thank me the whole way there, tip me fifty bucks.

That was similar to what happened to me during the All-Star Weekend in Cincinnati a few years ago. It was the Sunday after the game and my friend (Die-hard Yankee fan) and I were walking past the stadium and Eric Davis is there taking a picture with two people. When I was in High School, Eric Davis was my favorite baseball player. Had an authentic jersey and everything. I started to stutter and act like a 12-year old girl meeting Justin Beiber. My friend makes me go over to get a picture with him but at first, I was like "He was my idol for years, what if he's a jerk? I would be devastated!". I was about to walk away and my friend just steered me over and talked me into getting a picture with Davis. He was one of the nicest guys you could meet. I talked to him (rather, babbled) for about a minute, thanked him for his contributions to the Reds and left. I was glad my friend talked me into doing it. I seriously wasn't going to. Still have the picture. 

Now, if I ever get a chance to meet James Brooks, I would run away and shit myself. He's my all-time favorite professional athlete to this day. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 01:05 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Now, if I ever get a chance to meet James Brooks, I would run away and shit myself. He's my all-time favorite professional athlete to this day. 

I wanna meet Icky Woods. I bet he signs some cold cuts for me.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 07:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wanna meet Icky Woods. I bet he signs some cold cuts for me.

I want to meet Collinsworth.  I bet he can't spell his name correctly for an autograph.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 07:39 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I want to meet Collinsworth.  I bet he can't spell his name correctly for an autograph.

If you met Collinsworth, he will probably break down a simple “good morning” greeting into a 15 minute lecture that left you feeling disappointed in your outlook on humanity.

Reply/Quote