Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and the phantom roughing
(10-06-2017, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: In other words, there was no foul.

Bingo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was almost a textbook sack in the sense "you are allowed to take X steps after the ball is thrown". Looks like he saw the QB with the ball still in his hands, put his head down, at that point whether or not the ball was released he was going to sack him.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wish the team would have went to bat for him on this. Without bringing attention to it, it will continue to happen. However, with Marvins bad clock management skills, he will probably object the call sometime late December.

Reply/Quote
It was a bang bang play, so i can see how live, with as hard as Burfict hits, it looked like he drove him into the ground. 

No fine though, so where does that leave the whole "target on his back" that everyone thought the NFL put on him?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 09:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was a bang bang play, so i can see how live, with as hard as Burfict hits, it looked like he drove him into the ground. 

No fine though, so where does that leave the whole "target on his back" that everyone thought the NFL put on him?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The NFL just follows whatever the announcers say live because that is what the average fan will think of the play. The announcers Sunday defended the hit so it wasn't fined/suspended, if they tore into Burfict then he'd be out the year. Luckily the announcer gave Burfict and honest and reasonable call. The next time we get a Bengal/Burfict hating announcer and Burfict lays a big hit on someone he'll be suspended regardless of whether it was illegal
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Unfortunately the league has painted a bullseye on Burfict.

He earned it. You play dirty like he has, and you're going to be under greater scrutiny. If he cleaned up his game for a full season or two, they would ease up on him. 

Unfortunately, I don't think he's capable of cleaning it up, especially when things are going poorly. If this team plays out the season at .500 or worse, my prediction is he winds up suspended for a full season or worse, depending on the infraction. He doesn't handle adversity well. If things are going poorly, he's going to get frustrated, and it will manifest itself in a heinous penalty. 

All the Burfict apologists are huge hypocrites. If he were on any other team, you'd hate his guts. Huge talent, could be the best in the league, if it wasn't for his inability to control those impulses.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 03:33 PM)Utts Wrote: He earned it. You play dirty like he has, and you're going to be under greater scrutiny. If he cleaned up his game for a full season or two, they would ease up on him. 

Unfortunately, I don't think he's capable of cleaning it up, especially when things are going poorly. If this team plays out the season at .500 or worse, my prediction is he winds up suspended for a full season or worse, depending on the infraction. He doesn't handle adversity well. If things are going poorly, he's going to get frustrated, and it will manifest itself in a heinous penalty. 

All the Burfict apologists are huge hypocrites. If he were on any other team, you'd hate his guts. Huge talent, could be the best in the league, if it wasn't for his inability to control those impulses.

Take the assumptions and false statements out of this post and the only thing left is punctuation.  At least you got a needless shot in at your fellow fans.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 03:48 PM)McC Wrote: Take the assumptions and false statements out of this post and the only thing left is punctuation.  At least you got a needless shot in at your fellow fans.

This is how you reply to a post, when you don't have any valid points to rebut it. Burfict is regarded as a dirty player around the entire league. Not surprisingly the only place he's portrayed as a victim, is within crackpot pockets of the Bengals fan base.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 04:02 PM)Utts Wrote: This is how you reply to a post, when you don't have any valid points to rebut it. Burfict is regarded as a dirty player around the entire league. Not surprisingly the only place he's portrayed as a victim, is within crackpot pockets of the Bengals fan base.
It was such blatant nonsense, it refuted itself.

Wrong again.  He used to be a dirty player.  The real question is how long will he have to keep paying for it.  And it all comes down to is there a double standard or not?  Just make calls based on what was done and not who did it.  This is really simple.  But agenda boys like you refuse to admit it.

If they punish him harsher than someone else for fouls he actually commits, so be it.  But to make him the Anti-Christ for the pussified NFL and try to chase him out is nonsense.

He earned the reputation but he also should have the right to live it down.

You probably thought he wouldn't come back from the knee too.  Some people take longer to learn and some just never do.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 03:33 PM)Utts Wrote: He earned it. You play dirty like he has, and you're going to be under greater scrutiny. If he cleaned up his game for a full season or two, they would ease up on him. 

IMO, he has cleaned up his game pretty substantially. League is a joke for targeting him.

Reply/Quote

Define cleaning it up as it applies to the play in question ?

"Unneccesary roughness #55 Bengals - he hit the opposing player a little to hard, legal hit just a little to hard. Based on his past this is a 15 yard penalty automatic first down. If it had been any other Bengal it would have been ok."

That's ok with you ?
Reply/Quote
Let's rewind it a bit.

Back to when Burfict made the legal tackle on Bell that also injured him.

Did he, or did he not, commit a penalty or go outside a football play in doing so?

No, he did not.

Were there people around the league that flung it on the pile of the "dastardly deeds" he has committed.

Yes... they sure as hell do!

You can't substantiate a point when those sort of plays are put in the discussion.

It's absolutely laughable that past actions/penalties skew reality from play to play in the NFL.

Total bullshit. Real time rules are meant for singular plays. Not past infractions by a player.

Only league suspensions/fines should be susceptible of a player's catalog of NFL infractions.

NOT singular plays which could affect the outcome of a game.

It ruins the validity of the actual sport.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I just watched "12 Angry Men." Actually a movie made from the book "12 Angry Jurors." Lol, this thread reads differently to me now.

Reply/Quote