Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict ejected
Only took 4 games..ejected for unnecessary roughness.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 03:04 PM)pally Wrote: Only took 4 games..ejected for unnecessary roughness.

Yep. Helmet to helmet. We've this movie before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
couldn't be more obvious...head hunting from the start. He'll be dealing with that concussion he just gave himself during his suspension

Reply/Quote
How many times can you be ejected and suspended before the league has no choice but to ban you permanently? The league's action has clearly been ineffective and inadequate. Players are still getting concussions from Burfict's dirty play. And to think the lawyer that's going to take the CTE lawsuit for the current batch of players is sitting there right now drinking beer and taping this shit from his living room in 4,000 pixel HD - just waiting to replay it in the court room.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bengals front office takes a lot of heat from the fans, over some of the moves they make, or in many instances don't make. I think that we all can agree that the Bengals cutting Vontaze Burfict this past offseason was a smart move.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 03:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengals front office takes a lot of heat from the fans, over some of the moves they make, or in many instances don't make.  I think that we all can agree that the Bengals cutting Vontaze Burfict this past offseason was a smart move.

I don't know if it was a smart move, considering they should have cut him a few years ago, but better late than never I suppose.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 03:04 PM)pally Wrote: Only took 4 games..ejected for unnecessary roughness.

My question is, where is the ejection for Jones knocking Buffalo’s QB Out of the NE game. It was just as intentional maybe even worse since the league wants to protect QB’s. Not defending Burfict but damn the refs need to be more consistent. Bet ur ass if that hit was on Brady he would be gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 03:31 PM)6andcounting Wrote: How many times can you be ejected and suspended before the league has no choice but to ban you permanently?

John Gordon says hello. 

He is someone else's mentally handicapped problem, now. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 05:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: My question is, where is the ejection for Jones knocking Buffalo’s QB Out of the NE game. It was just as intentional maybe even worse since the league wants to protect QB’s. Not defending Burfict but damn the refs need to be more consistent. Bet ur ass if that hit was on Brady he would be gone.

When I watch the video of that hit it looks like Allen ran into Jones. It didn't look like Jones was targeting Allen at all. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 06:47 PM)BengalRed Wrote: When I watch the video of that hit it looks like Allen ran into Jones. It didn't look like Jones was targeting Allen at all. 

Probable. But 55 is 55. Love his play but damn, he's in the wrong place at the wrong time a lot. When your that aggressive, it can happen. But I'm thinking his intention in that clip was to take his head off. 

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 05:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: My question is, where is the ejection for Jones knocking Buffalo’s QB Out of the NE game. It was just as intentional maybe even worse since the league wants to protect QB’s. Not defending Burfict but damn the refs need to be more consistent. Bet ur ass if that hit was on Brady he would be gone.

Completely unintentional; Allen dropped his helmet to initiate contact and Jones just stood his ground.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that and shouldn't even have been flagged, TBH.

(09-29-2019, 06:07 PM)Destro Wrote: John Gordon says hello. 

He is someone else's mentally handicapped problem, now. 

Who the hell is John Gordon?

And he's playing just fine right now, why is everyone talking shit about the Patriots all of a sudden?

(09-29-2019, 06:47 PM)BengalRed Wrote: When I watch the video of that hit it looks like Allen ran into Jones. It didn't look like Jones was targeting Allen at all. 

100% truth; thought runners were no longer allowed to drop their heads and initiate contact?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember when we were totally going to cut this guy and he was going to go to NE or Pittsburgh and be his dirty self but be lauded as a media darling and THEN go into the HOF?
Reply/Quote

You can clearly see Jones lower his helmet, he even proceeds to stand over him taunting till teammates remind him its a bad idea. It looks like Allen lowers his helmet also but once a QB does that he’s more less giving up.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:32 AM)TKUHL Wrote: You can clearly see Jones lower his helmet, he even proceeds to stand over him taunting till teammates remind him its a bad idea. It looks like Allen lowers his helmet also but once a QB does that  he’s more less giving up.

I don't like that notion of "giving himself up", it leaves way too much to subjective interpretation.  For example, the QB slide has been adopted as a way for the QB to be able to run the ball, but give up without fear of a big hit.  After a few years and copious amounts of Personal Fouls called to enforce the idea, defenders have now learned to "pull up", rather than going for the tackle and delivering a blow.

That's all fine and great, but what happens when athletic QBs start faking like they're getting ready to slide, then making a move and turning on the jets?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 10:48 AM)pally Wrote:

Not at all surprising. I'll be shocked if it's not at least 8 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 09:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't like that notion of "giving himself up", it leaves way too much to subjective interpretation.  For example, the QB slide has been adopted as a way for the QB to be able to run the ball, but give up without fear of a big hit.  After a few years and copious amounts of Personal Fouls called to enforce the idea, defenders have now learned to "pull up", rather than going for the tackle and delivering a blow.

That's all fine and great, but what happens when athletic QBs start faking like they're getting ready to slide, then making a move and turning on the jets?

I could be incorrect ? But I believe I've heard that discussed in the past and QB's have been instructed that's a no-no. Not that it will stop one from trying it one day.
Reply/Quote
They suspended him for the year... Damn shame he can't harness himself.

Waste of talent.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:18 AM)jason Wrote: They suspended him for the year... Damn shame he can't harness himself.

Waste of talent.

He's one of those guys that truly is his own worst enemy. 
Reply/Quote
Reading the Raiders' message boards, it is clear they are in as much denial about Burfict as Cincinnati fans were for so long

Reply/Quote