Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict ejected
(09-30-2019, 07:57 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Will be 30 years old and out of football almost a year.The next failed drug test is an automatic 1 year suspension for him. Every person foul is more likely than not to be an ejection plus additional suspension at this point. He'll need extra play in the preseason to get back in football shape and he probably can't make it 4 full preseason games without picking up more suspensions. And honestly is he even that good of a player? 

Probably not.  Despite his physical decline, I'd wager that his congnitive abilities are most diminished at this point in his career.  As a player, Mike Zimmer seemed to keep him on an even keel and facing the right direction.  After Zimmer went on, Guenther pretty much left him to do as he pleased, and the results weren't what any Bengal fan wanted or expected from Burfict.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:37 PM)jason Wrote: I can't argue with any of that. The fact remains that the Bengals defense has been toothless since those two were contributing. If only they could've shown a lil restraint eevery now and again.

Agree

The Bengals have kind of neglected the defense with early draft picks for years as well

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Burfict suspended rest of season and only Bengals Fans will wish they had him back, which doesn't say much for Bengals Fans. Even with 0-4 start, wanting Burfict back is just nonsense. He is suspended for season, yet another in a long line of suspensions, and there is no place for him anymore in the NFL. Oh yes, in 2015 when Bengals started 8-0, Burfict was suspended all 8 games. He did come back to help lose the play-off game. No, I am NOT a Burfict fan, he plays too stupid. The NFL see's that and why he is always kicked out of games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:53 AM)kevin Wrote: Burfict  suspended rest of season and only Bengals Fans will wish they had him back, which doesn't say much for Bengals Fans.  Even with 0-4 start, wanting Burfict back is just nonsense.  He is suspended for season, yet another in a long line of suspensions, and there is no place for him anymore in the NFL.  Oh yes, in 2015 when Bengals started 8-0, Burfict was suspended all 8 games.  He did come back to help lose the play-off game.  No, I am NOT a Burfict fan, he plays too stupid.  The NFL see's that and why he is always kicked out of games.

Wanting Burfict playing at a high level back isn't a bad thing...  But dude cant stay out of his own way.

but kevin….   Your whine meter is up to 11 today.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wanting Burfict playing at a high level back isn't a bad thing...  But dude cant stay out of his own way.

but kevin….   Your whine meter is up to 11 today.

Burfict SUX's ...I think the whining is Bengals Fans who are the only fans who think Burfict is great, and are in denial over how bad 0-4 soon to be 0-5 Bungles are.   The NFL is right to kick Burfict out rest of season as they have.  He is a cheap hit artist, always has been and is one of the most stupid players to ever walk on a field.  Wanting him back is as silly as having high hopes for someday Katie running things someday, as if she will be better.  Meanwhile Mike Brown has more 0-4 starts since 1991 than any other owner to go with no play-off wins.  

The reality is my Bengals I always root for are back in 1990's Bungles mode and have been last few years.  Fans wanting Hue Stinks Jackson or Butfict back shows the losing rut the fans and team are stuck in like losers quick sand. I'm not whining and I'm just stating the FACTS that Burfict is a stupid player and deserves all the suspensions he has had, and the FACT Bengals have a team to go 0-16 this season, but the were pretty awful with Burfict also.  I repeat Bengals started 2015 at 8-0 with Burfict suspended all 8 games. Burfict did play like a fool and was a huge reason for 2015 season play-off game loss. Bengals always won more games when Burfict suspended than when he played like a fool, even if some fans like that he played like a fool.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:24 PM)kevin Wrote: Burfict SUX's ...I think the whining is Bengals Fans who are the only fans who think Burfict is great, and are in denial over how bad 0-4 soon to be 0-5 Bungles are.   The NFL is right to kick Burfict out rest of season as they have.  He is a cheap hit artist, always has been and is one of the most stupid players to ever walk on a field.  Wanting him back is as silly as having high hopes for someday Katie running things someday, as if she will be better.  Meanwhile Mike Brown has more 0-4 starts since 1991 than any other owner to go with no play-off wins.  

The reality is my Bengals I always root for are back in 1990's Bungles mode and have been last few years.  Fans wanting Hue Stinks Jackson or Butfict back shows the losing rut the fans and team are stuck in like losers quick sand. I'm not whining and I'm just stating the FACTS that Burfict is a stupid player and deserves all the suspensions he has had, and the FACT Bengals have a team to go 0-16 this season, but the were pretty awful with Burfict also.  I repeat Bengals started 2015 at 8-0 with Burfict suspended all 8 games. Burfict did play like a fool and was a huge reason for 2015 season play-off game loss. Bengals always won more games when Burfict suspended than when he played like a fool, even if some fans like that he played like a fool.

He wasn't suspended in 2015. He was recovering from micro fracture surgery. And they didn't win all of those games without him. So those facts are a lil bit off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well, they're now saying there was a 2nd H2H hit in the illfated game. It looks like the end of his football life regardless unless he gets into coaching and its highly debatable if he could even do that. I doubt many teams would trust him to teach properly..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote