Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing league discipline
I feel bad for the guys that have to play D in the modern NFL. They make it next to impossible. 

If the league is really so concerned about player safety how about reducing the number of preseason games? The short week Thursday night games too for that matter. Oh wait...$ is more important than limiting injuries. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
http://nesn.com/2016/01/patriots-tight-end-rob-gronkowski-says-low-hits-are-part-of-the-game/

Just going to leave this right here.....

Low hits are part of the game....yet when Burfict does it....it's a crime.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: http://nesn.com/2016/01/patriots-tight-end-rob-gronkowski-says-low-hits-are-part-of-the-game/

Just going to leave this right here.....

Low hits are part of the game....yet when Burfict does it....it's a crime.

Dude, don't you know the Pats can do what they want, when they want and how they want? 

The sad part is that it's not that big of an exaggeration at all.

The infuriating thing is we have some of our own fans calling for Burfict's head and his outright dismissal from the team.  I just can't with some people honestly. 
Reply/Quote
Just watched the clip of the hit, and dont know what to think. But I will say this, what goes around, comes around. If Burfict gets his knee blown out by someone going low intentionally like that, I doubt I will feel sorry for him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722775/article/nfl-to-review-vontaze-burfict-hit-on-martellus-bennett
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh, Brady pump faked to Bennett, drew the coverage to him with Jones and Burfict, 55 goes to make a sure tackle.  Look, if he hadn't come right out and said he was going to hit low this year to avoid penalties for hitting high, I would have issue with it.  He did exactly as he said he would before the season even started, even met with Goddell, and now they're looking at discipline for it?  

Spot on Wyche as usual.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just watched the clip of the hit, and dont know what to think. But I will say this, what goes around, comes around. If Burfict gets his knee blown out by someone going low intentionally like that, I doubt I will feel sorry for him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722775/article/nfl-to-review-vontaze-burfict-hit-on-martellus-bennett

Thanks for the vid Millhouse. Brady pump faked to Bennett and Burfict hit Bennett, don't see dirty here. It was low but that is where the NFL says you should go now. Have to follow the rules and Burfict did. Should not be suspended or anything but who knows as Burfict is treated different than any other player in the NFL.

It is not the obvious nut tap or ankle twist or something. NFL just doesn't like the old school linebacker in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the vid Millhouse. Brady pump faked to Bennett and Burfict hit Bennett, don't see dirty here. It was low but that is where the NFL says you should go now. Have to follow the rules and Burfict did. Should not be suspended or anything but who knows as Burfict is treated different than any other player in the NFL.

It is not the obvious nut tap or ankle twist or something. NFL just doesn't like the old school linebacker in Cincinnati.

No problem, dont know why someone hasnt posted it with all the talk around it. 

But I disgree as there are low hits, then there are low hits. He had plenty of time to hit him normally as Bennett was standing there. It may be legal, but it was unnecessary to do a hit like that with plenty of time for a clean hit from shoulder pads to the waist area without diving low. I mean unless I am seeing something different, he literally dove low with his left hand bracing the ground when he made contact. And I just cant give him the benefit of the doubt it was meant to be clean.

Reply/Quote
When Burfict came out of College, I was his biggest fan; as many in the draft forum said he would never make it in the NFL and I absolutely hare Maecellus Bennet. WTS, that hit was dirty and nowhere near the play. Reacting to a pump fake does not give you license to go for someone's knees. I would think VB just earned himself another 4-game suspension and rightfully so.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No problem, dont know why someone hasnt posted it with all the talk around it. 

But I disgree as there are low hits, then there are low hits. He had plenty of time to hit him normally as Bennett was standing there. It may be legal, but it was unnecessary to do a hit like that with plenty of time for a clean hit from shoulder pads to the waist area without diving low. I mean unless I am seeing something different, he literally dove low with his left hand bracing the ground when he made contact. And I just cant give him the benefit of the doubt it was meant to be clean.
That's easy for us to say though. What if Bennett makes the catch, then turns upfield? Pacman was also there to make a tackle. Bennett could drop his head to what was once waist level (to avoid Jones). Burfict is coming at the same level, and now it's a head shot. The defender is always wrong in this situation. Burfict said last week that he doesn't want to go low, but has no other choice. It's a no win situation.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yeah he has a history, but don't you have to actually violate a rule to be fined or suspended? Will they tell us which rule he violated?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When Burfict came out of College, I was his biggest fan; as many in the draft forum said he would never make it in the NFL and I absolutely hare Maecellus Bennet. WTS, that hit was dirty and nowhere near the play. Reacting to a pump fake does not give you license to go for someone's knees. I would think VB just earned himself another 4-game suspension and rightfully so.
They are talking like he's just looking at a hefty fine.

No wonder he's posting that he doesn't want to practice on Instagram... Dude's playing for free this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When Burfict came out of College, I was his biggest fan; as many in the draft forum said he would never make it in the NFL and I absolutely hare Maecellus Bennet. WTS, that hit was dirty and nowhere near the play. Reacting to a pump fake does not give you license to go for someone's knees. I would think VB just earned himself another 4-game suspension and rightfully so.

Not a chance. Maybe a fine at most but only because he's Burfict. If it was anyone else, it's a non issue. Nothing dirty about it at all.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Wonder if it was against a Jacksonville Jaguar or a Cleveland Brown would it would be getting this kind of attention?

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:21 PM)jason Wrote: That's easy for us to say though. What if Bennett makes the catch, then turns upfield? Pacman was also there to make a tackle. Bennett could drop his head to what was once waist level (to avoid Jones). Burfict is coming at the same level, and now it's a head shot. The defender is always wrong in this situation. Burfict said last week that he doesn't want to go low, but has no other choice. It's a no win situation.

He had a choice not to dive low with his left hand bracing him on the ground. And I bet anything that if it was one of our players getting hit exactly like that, people would be going nuts calling that defender a dirty sob.

Sorry, but I dont give Burfict benefit of a doubt here, as he has too much of a dirty history as is. I hate to be in the minority of opinion of Bengal fans apparently, but I guess I am. Burfict is a great player, but is now a liability for this team imo.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: Will it be a fine or suspension?

Big deal being made about low hit on Bennett. NFL currently reviewing. Punishment of some sort coming per sources on Twitter this morning.

He should know he can't do anything, but it's pretty lame the League is "investigating" this as we speak and have already stated something is coming.

How can they be investigating, but state something is coming. I guess they've already decided, making the investigation just a search for the worst possible camera angle they can find.

Reply/Quote

He reacted to the pump fake then tripped into him. Watching live I thought fouts was full of it saying he tripped but if you watch it you can see him react to the fake then his foot gets caught in the turf as he's going toward Bennett. Not dirty, no issue with it

Here's another link, watch the video and the second time they show it you can clearly see him get his foot caught up
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:01 PM)BengalChris Wrote: How can they be investigating, but state something is coming. I guess they've already decided, making the investigation just a search for the worst possible camera angle they can find.

Sounds about right smh
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:26 PM)jason Wrote: They are talking like he's just looking at a hefty fine.

No wonder he's posting that he doesn't want to practice on Instagram... Dude's playing for free this year.

What is he saying?  This is a guy who after being benched for a couple plays by his college coach (because of repeated unnecessary roughness penalties) refused to go back in the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He reacted to the pump fake then tripped into him. Watching live I thought fouts was full of it saying he tripped but if you watch it you can see him react to the fake then his foot gets caught in the turf as he's going toward Bennett. Not dirty, no issue with it

Here's another link, watch the video and the second time they show it you can clearly see him get his foot caught up

Rep

Didn't even notice that. He clearly stumbles. 

Getting vilified for tripping. If he gets suspended or fined for a trip and a hit that isn't even illegal...

Even if he didn't trip. Its not a dirty hit. The man was suspended 3 games for going high. Hitting a guy low is what they want him to do. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: What is he saying?  This is a guy who after being benched for a couple plays by his college coach (because of repeated unnecessary roughness penalties) refused to go back in the game.
I don't know. Somebody posted in one of the threads that Burfict posted a video on Instagram of him and Dre saying they don't feel like practicing that day.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote