Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing league discipline
(10-17-2016, 01:14 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Denver is the best defense in the NFL.  Who on that roster would you call an "enforcer"?  Von Miller is their best player, and while I don't watch all their games, I don't hear about him being a dirty player.

Seriously, who is an old time enforcer in this league?

Tj ward for sure
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right, he just kinda hit him in the hammy to take his legs out from under him.  Certainly far less egregious than the VonOlhoffen hit.

He didn't fall on or roll his leg. Just pushed through the back of his knee. It was the kind of thing that wasn't..."necessary"...but it seemed that he tried to keep his weight off Bennet and just hit through him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Clearly a dirty play. I missed it yesterday... Complete cowardice to blindside somebody at the knees. Burfict has to cut this s*** out or get lost
Reply/Quote
I agree with all of you about the sentiments of the NFL.

However, this is Burfict. One of, if not the NFL's most marked man. He has to know better. It's like speeding in a vehicle when you don't have a license, and then complaining when you're profiled, pulled over and now face 2 or 3 charges. Don't even make the hit. Play to avoid doing anything that could cause an issue. Do I want him to play like this? Heck no. However, if he does, this is what we're going to deal with.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Talib is one just off the top of my head.

Google "Aqib Talib NFL fines" and you will find a long list.  So it's not like the NFL lets him get away with anything.
Reply/Quote
Just saw this play for the first time and don't think it was dirty. As others stated, Brady pump faked to Bennett and Burfict acted on it. Bennett is a big guy and taking his legs out from underneath him is probably the best way to get him down. Being Burfict is likely the only reason the NFL is looking into this.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:53 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Google "Aqib Talib NFL fines" and you will find a long list.  So it's not like the NFL lets him get away with anything.

......but they don't suspend him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Just saw this play for the first time and don't think it was dirty. As others stated, Brady pump faked to Bennett and Burfict acted on it. Bennett is a big guy and taking his legs out from underneath him is probably the best way to get him down. Being Burfict is likely the only reason the NFL is looking into this.

Exactly.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......but they don't suspend him.

Which would be my only issue if they suspend Burfict. You can't only fine one guy a dozen times for similar types of plays, but suspend another guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......but they don't suspend him.

You and I are usually on the same page, and I respect your opinion, but we disagree here.  Burfict has a very long history... the late hits, the nut shots, the twisting of ankles.  After the Baltimore game, he was specifically told that the league would be watching him closely.  My opinion, I think he probably should have been suspended for that hit.  If I'm Goodell and I have this history, we've told you to watch out less than a week ago, then you hit Brown, then there is all the talk on social media and news outlets where it is claimed Brown was faking, I come down hard on him too.  Again, just my opinion, but I think you have to.

The league is dealing with an image and a PR nightmare.  You have guys like Bo Jackson saying they wish they would have never played.  You must be out front with the idea that things are changing.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You and I are usually on the same page, and I respect your opinion, but we disagree here.  Burfict has a very long history... the late hits, the nut shots, the twisting of ankles.  After the Baltimore game, he was specifically told that the league would be watching him closely.  My opinion, I think he probably should have been suspended for that hit.  If I'm Goodell and I have this history, we've told you to watch out less than a week ago, then you hit Brown, then there is all the talk on social media and news outlets where it is claimed Brown was faking, I come down hard on him too.  Again, just my opinion, but I think you have to.

The league is dealing with an image and a PR nightmare.  You have guys like Bo Jackson saying they wish they would have never played.  You must be out front with the idea that things are changing.

We're actually kinda on the same page.....except that Talib has gouged eyes, twisted people's heads on purpose, etc.  He has the same history, but he plays on a jersey seller.

I get the rest of what you're saying, and you're right, but this particular play is a non story in my opinion.  I've been hit far worse in a high school game.

Reply/Quote
I keep seeing news Articles about how Gronk got up in Burfict's face after this incident.. THAT Is totally wrong, it was after Gronk was talking crap to Dre ? on the ground that Burfict came and got in Gronk's face
Reply/Quote
I have to say, I enjoyed watching Burfict go after Bennett. Was it dirty? I don't know, but it warmed my heart when Tez left his feet after zeroing in on Martellus. I've always despised Bennett.

Also, Jason Witten should help pay Burfict's fine whatever it may be.

Would I be mad if someone did it to AJ? Yep. Does that make me a hypocrite in this instance? Yep. Do I care? Hell no.

To add:
I was not hoping Burfict would injure MB, but I do truly believe Tez was anticpating the pass from Brady to Martellus and he took his shot. I personally have no problem with it.
Reply/Quote
So how many games does he get suspended for this time?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Had to make a Twitter account to leave Donte some tweets.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:27 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Had to make a Twitter account to leave Donte some tweets.

Stallworth has balls I'll give him that.  Stating that he thinks a player should be tossed because Burfict was "being a meany" when he himself was directly responsible for ending the life of another human being is  a bit odd to say the least.
Reply/Quote
This is garbage. A total witch hunt by the league. The guy was in the area where a pass was being thrown...so he gets hit. Did he go low, yes. Is it illegal...nope, did Burfict say this is how he was going to tackle? Yup.

**** the league if they fine him for this.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:31 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Stallworth has balls I'll give him that.  Stating that he thinks a player should be tossed because Burfict was "being a meany" when he himself was directly responsible for ending the life of another human being is  a bit odd to say the least.

Oh that's what my tweets are about.

I like this one more though.

I had one about Donte playing for the Steelers one day and Ray Carruth-ing chicks after Ben rapes them, but it was too much.
Reply/Quote
Its only fair that since rottenturd is hurt and going to miss games Burfict gets suspended. Need to even the playing field.

I fully expect to be pissed at whatever comes from this.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was dirty until I heard and saw the part where Brady pump faked to Bennett.
Reply/Quote