Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing league discipline
(10-17-2016, 11:45 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It doesn't matter.  A non-dirty hit would've been to the shoulder or the chest.  The issue isn't him going for the fake or tackling a potential ball-catcher, it's HOW he hit him.

He hit him in the back of the thigh.....he said he was gonna go low before the season started, and that's what he did.  Now there's a problem with it?  Ball taps, ankle twists, all that nonsense, yeah, I have issue with.  This?  Nope.  Remember when we got flagged numerous times for hits to the chest and shoulder?  There wasn't even a flag for this.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: He hit him in the back of the thigh.....he said he was gonna go low before the season started, and that's what he did.  Now there's a problem with it?  Ball taps, ankle twists, all that nonsense, yeah, I have issue with.  This?  Nope.  Remember when we got flagged numerous times for hits to the chest and shoulder?  There wasn't even a flag for this.

From watching the gif posted in this thread, the hit appeared to be not very intense at all. Also, it was from the back of the leg, not the front, so the leg just bent as it normally would.
This hit didn't seem that malicious to me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From watching the gif posted in this thread, the hit appeared to be not very intense at all. Also, it was from the back of the leg, not the front, so the leg just bent as it normally would.
This hit didn't seem that malicious to me.

Right, he just kinda hit him in the hammy to take his legs out from under him.  Certainly far less egregious than the VonOlhoffen hit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:31 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: We can sit here and speculate all we want on intention.  It was a dirty hit.  Period.  Given Burfict's history, don't be shocked if he's suspended.  However, sounds like the rumors on Twitter say it's going to be a record-breaking fine, not a suspension.  If it's the latter, we can't be upset though.

Burfict is not any other player.  He has a giant target on his back, one that he is aware of.  All the interviews and quotes about playing his way and not changing are not helping this matter either.  I read somewhere that between fines and suspensions, he has wracked up over $600k.  If nothing else, you would think his accountant would be screaming "you must adapt to the new NFL".
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:10 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Burfict is not any other player.  He has a giant target on his back, one that he is aware of.  All the interviews and quotes about playing his way and not changing are not helping this matter either.  I read somewhere that between fines and suspensions, he has wracked up over $600k.  If nothing else, you would think his accountant would be screaming "you must adapt to the new NFL".

Exactly.  He has too many smoking gun incidents like Cam's ankle and the Max Williams hit to get the benefit of the doubt.  
Reply/Quote
With his history, don't be surprised at a suspension! BS yes, but he's one they wouldn't hesitate to make an example of.
Reply/Quote
I don't even see how people think this is dirty. With Burfict you HAVE to hit low, because if he would have hit him any higher they would have called a PI on him.
Reply/Quote
He will get 6 games for this which is complete BS. Hell is first suspension was complete BS but hey wtf are you going to do.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right, he just kinda hit him in the hammy to take his legs out from under him.  Certainly far less egregious than the VonOlhoffen hit.

Two giant distinctions.  The Kimo hit was 2005, the league has changed a lot since them.  Second, he was not known as a dirty player with repeated violations.

Listen, it sucks, but this is Burfict's world.  He needs to be a choir boy and let some of this rep go away.  Until then, he just does not get the benefit of the doubt. Reminds me a lot of James Harrison.  He was getting fined over and over, was constantly being quoted about playing the game his way and how he would not change.  He finally got tired of it, made some adjustments, let the furor die down and then things got better.
Reply/Quote
Teams like the Bengals aren't allowed to have "enforcers", so the league will eventually push Burfict out of the NFL. If Burfict were a Bronco or Steeler, he'd just be a "hard-nosed" and "physical". I swear I'm about done with the NFL.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Teams like the Bengals aren't allowed to have "enforcers", so the league will eventually push Burfict out of the NFL. If Burfict were a Bronco or Steeler, he'd just be a "hard-nosed" and "physical". I swear I'm about done with the NFL.

Serious question.  Who really is an "enforcer" in today's NFL?  I saw a quote from one of his old coaches where he said that Burfict is just playing 10 years too late for his style.  I thought that nailed it.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Teams like the Bengals aren't allowed to have "enforcers", so the league will eventually push Burfict out of the NFL. If Burfict were a Bronco or Steeler, he'd just be a "hard-nosed" and "physical". I swear I'm about done with the NFL.

The funny part is, if he leaves the Bengals and plays for the Steelers, Pats or Broncos, he won't draw the penalties and commentators will drone on about how he "cleaned up his game since leaving Cincinnati" or "he's a changed player under coach McNugget."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:09 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Serious question.  Who really is an "enforcer" in today's NFL?  I saw a quote from one of his old coaches where he said that Burfict is just playing 10 years too late for his style.  I thought that nailed it.

Just look at any great current defense and you will find at least one of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:11 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Just look at any great current defense and you will find at least one of them.

Denver is the best defense in the NFL.  Who on that roster would you call an "enforcer"?  Von Miller is their best player, and while I don't watch all their games, I don't hear about him being a dirty player.

Seriously, who is an old time enforcer in this league?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Teams like the Bengals aren't allowed to have "enforcers", so the league will eventually push Burfict out of the NFL. If Burfict were a Bronco or Steeler, he'd just be a "hard-nosed" and "physical". I swear I'm about done with the NFL.
Hit the nail on the head. What it really comes down to is that you can't rough up any of the league's poster boy teams, but what do ya know those same team's defenses sure get a lot more leeway than ours.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:14 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Denver is the best defense in the NFL.  Who on that roster would you call an "enforcer"?  Von Miller is their best player, and while I don't watch all their games, I don't hear about him being a dirty player.

Seriously, who is an old time enforcer in this league?

Talib is one just off the top of my head.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:29 AM)jason Wrote: Dante Stallworth should still be in the joint for killing a guy... So he can shut the **** up.

Yeah no s**t.

He zooms around a bus in his sports car and plows a pedestrian...  he has as much credibility as Ray Lewis in being a good guy.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:45 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It doesn't matter.  A non-dirty hit would've been to the shoulder or the chest.  The issue isn't him going for the fake or tackling a potential ball-catcher, it's HOW he hit him.

Yep, all apart of the grand scheme to sissify football (and if life in general) -  men/boys in particular - even more than it is now. Pretty soon women will be in charge because men lost their y chromosome!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:09 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Serious question.  Who really is an "enforcer" in today's NFL?  I saw a quote from one of his old coaches where he said that Burfict is just playing 10 years too late for his style.  I thought that nailed it.

Talib and Ward for the Broncos. Mike Mitchell and any random player for the Steelers. Did you see Talib in the SB?

(10-17-2016, 01:11 PM)Benton Wrote: The funny part is, if he leaves the Bengals and plays for the Steelers, Pats or Broncos, he won't draw the penalties and commentators will drone on about how he "cleaned up his game since leaving Cincinnati" or "he's a changed player under coach McNugget."

Was thinking the same thing. You just know the narrative would change more than Burfict would.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
WITCH HUNT
Reply/Quote