Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict is So Smart
Burfict the Bungle. Perfect fit. 
You guys had something good goin on this year, except that sooner or later you could count on one of your best players keeping the "bungle" stigma alive.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:29 AM)Beaker Wrote:  His hit on brown was no worse than Shazier's hit on Gio.

Yup. It's down right stupid how many people are acting like Burfict's hit was the worst hit in the history of the league. Hits like that happen every week. Burfict will be fined and/or suspended. And so should Shazier.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:29 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Yup. It's down right stupid how many people are acting like Burfict's hit was the worst hit in the history of the league. Hits like that happen every week. Burfict will be fined and/or suspended. And so should Shazier.
We all know the true worst hit in NFL history was mitchell on Eifert. Rolleyes
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:55 AM)Beaker Wrote: Those same Bengals are the ravens daddies. Going on 3 years now since the last time the ravens beat the Bengals.

And how many playoff wins has that gotten them? Lol
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:17 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: And how many playoff wins has that gotten them? Lol

None, but all you have is the past and a bleak short term future. Get ready on 2016 for Bengals owning your fellas again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: None, but all you have is the past and a bleak short term future. Get ready on 2016 for Bengals owning your fellas again.

Hey it's still more than what your boys will give you. 

Get ready for 2016-17 and beyond of choking and losing and being embarrassed in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:00 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Hey it's still more than what your boys will give you. 

Get ready for 2016-17 and beyond of choking and losing and being embarrassed in the playoffs. 

I remember Ray Lewis hitting Chad years ago costing the Ravens a win. I guess it happens, it just doesn't happen to the Steelers when they do the same or worse. My boys gave me 12 weeks of happness in 2015. Your gave you 5, I predict your future will be similar in 2016.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I remember Ray Lewis hitting Chad years ago costing the Ravens a win. I guess it happens, it just doesn't happen to the Steelers when they do the same or worse. My boys gave me 12 weeks of happness in 2015. Your gave you 5, I predict your future will be similar in 2016.
Ryan Clark used to get flagged for helmet-to-helmet hits when he literally tackled them in their lower back or ass. That happened 2 or 3 times.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:08 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Ryan Clark used to get flagged for helmet-to-helmet hits when he literally tackled them in their lower back or ass. That happened 2 or 3 times.

Or like Williams getting flagged last night for hitting a guy with his shoulder below the head. The issue is simple, these close calls have to be consistent. If you are going to flag one that is close like the Williams hit, then flag the Gio hit and the Eifert hit. Or flag none of them.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or like Williams getting flagged last night for hitting a guy with his shoulder below the head. The issue is simple, these close calls have to be consistent. If you are going to flag one that is close like the Williams hit, then flag the Gio hit and the Eifert hit. Or flag none of them.

Wheaton was contacted in the helmet - partially because he ducked into, but that is irrelevant to the rule.

Eifert wasn't and Gio wasn't a receiver.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Wheaton was contacted in the helmet - partially because he ducked into, but that is irrelevant to the rule.

Wheaton was not contacted to the helmet at all, the helmet is clearly below it. Eifert was a hit to the head, but it does not matter as a defender can't launch. But, I have said my piece. I am out of the forum for a while to get back my sanity.

Reply/Quote
Damn I've never seen so much f**** whining.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:01 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Damn I've never seen so much f**** whining.

You new around here?  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:08 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Ryan Clark used to get flagged for helmet-to-helmet hits when he literally tackled them in their lower back or ass. That happened 2 or 3 times.

Yeah ok
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:31 AM)6andcounting Wrote: We all know the true worst hit in NFL history was mitchell on Eifert. Rolleyes

When did I ever say that. I'll wait...  Mellow

All 3 hits were dirty. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Wheaton was contacted in the helmet - partially because he ducked into, but that is irrelevant to the rule.

Leading with the crown outside the tackle box is an automatic PF. Reciever or not.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:37 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Leading with the crown outside the tackle box is an automatic PF. Reciever or not.  Mellow

(01-10-2016, 12:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wheaton was not contacted to the helmet at all, the helmet is clearly below it. Eifert was a hit to the head, but it does not matter as a defender can't launch. But, I have said my piece. I am out of the forum for a while to get back my sanity.

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/

Was Eifert defenseless woudl be the issue.

Simply "launching" is no longer a foul in the NFL.

Quote:ARTICLE 7. PLAYERS IN A DEFENSELESS POSTURE

It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.
  1. Players in a defenseless posture are:

1. A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass (passing posture)
    2. A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player
    3. The intended receiver of a pass in the action during and immediately following an interception or potential interception. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player.

Note: Violations of this provision will be enforced after the interception, and the intercepting team will maintain possession.
    4. A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped
    5. A kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air
    6. A player on the ground
    7. A kicker/punter during the kick or during the return (Also see Article 6(h) for additional restrictions against a kicker/punter)
    8. A quarterback at any time after a change of possession (Also see Article 9(f) for additional restrictions against a quarterback after a change of possession)
    9. A player who receives a “blindside” block when the path of the offensive blocker is toward or parallel to his own end line, and he approaches the opponent from behind or from the side
    10. A player who is protected from an illegal crackback block (see Article 2)
    11. The offensive player who attempts a snap during a Field Goal attempt or a Try Kick
  2. Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:

1. forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him
    2. lowering the head and making forcible contact with the crown or ”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body
    3. illegally launching into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (i) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (ii) uses any part of his helmet to initiate forcible contact against any part of his opponent’s body. (This does not apply to contact against a runner, unless the runner is still considered to be a defenseless player, as defined in Article 7.)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/

Was Eifert defenseless woudl be the issue.

Simply "launching" is no longer a foul in the NFL.

Launching and leading with the crown of your helmet, outside the tackle box are two different things, guy of limited metal acuity.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I remember Ray Lewis hitting Chad years ago costing the Ravens a win. I guess it happens, it just doesn't happen to the Steelers when they do the same or worse. My boys gave me 12 weeks of happness in 2015. Your gave you 5, I predict your future will be similar in 2016.

If you team was 7-3 in the playoffs in the last 6 seasons instead of 0-6, you might understand why your attempts to mock the Ravens for one bad season tend to not bother myself or Blitz. 

I know you won't understand. Bengals fans honestly think 6 straight playoff appearances with first round loses is better than winning the Super Bowl and having a losing season once afterwards. 

But, hey, I guess some of us care more about playoff success than regular season success. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Launching and leading with the crown of your helmet, outside the tackle box are two different things, guy of limited metal acuity.

Ok...but they said he launched.

Launching is not a foul.

And from the same link:

Quote:ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET

It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.
Note: The tackle box no longer exists once the ball leaves the tackle box.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote