Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict is scaring dudes clean out of the league
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25488769/heath-miller-retires-after-11-seasons-with-steelers

Quote:Heath Miller retires after 11 seasons with Steelers

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

February 19, 2016 2:19 pm ET

[Image: Heath_Miller_Retires_Steelers_Ben_Roethlisberger.jpg] Heath Miller retired Friday. (USATSI)

Heath Miller called it a career on Friday, announcing his retirement after 11 years with the Steelers.
Miller, 33, was drafted by Pittsburgh in the first round of the 2005 NFL Draft out of Virginia and spent his entire career playing for the Steelers.
"Today, I informed the Steelers of my plans to retire. I realize how extremely fortunate and grateful I am to have spent my entire career as a Pittsburgh Steeler. I would like to thank the Rooney Family, Kevin Colbert, Bill Cowher, Mike Tomlin, James Daniel and the rest of the Steelers organization for giving me the opportunity to live out my childhood dream," Miller said in a statement. "I will always cherish and value the special bonds that I formed with my teammates. It was truly an honor for me to take the field with them. I am also appreciative of my entire family and all of the coaches who helped me along the way. Additionally, I want to thank Steelers Nation, the best fans in the NFL!"

He won a pair of Lombardi Trophies with Pittsburgh and was the picture of reliability, starting 167 of 168 games during the regular season and all 15 postseason games.
Miller finishes his career first in receptions (592), receiving yards (6,569) and touchdowns (45) by a tight end in Steelers history.
He's also 69th all time in NFL history for receptions at any position.
In all seriousness though, congrats to Heath Miller on a heck of a career.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Steelers fans will be yelling Heath at the game next year? That's funny when they do it and it's not even him.
Reply/Quote
As a Bengals fan I say good riddance. Dude always messed us up.

As a football fan, I say happy retirement and it's sad to see you go Heath.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 12:47 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I wonder if the Steelers fans at the game will be yelling Heath at the game next year? That's funny when they do it and it's not even him.

It will take at least 3 or 4 games to break the habit. Jesse James and Matt Speath both being big white guys whose numbers are in the 80's get it ALL of the time. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 10:23 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It will take at least 3 or 4 games to break the habit. Jesse James and Matt Speath both being big white guys whose numbers are in the 80's get it ALL of the time. 

And all these years I thought steeler fans were saying "TEEEEETH" in hopes they'd get full sets of them if they said it enough. 

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 10:59 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: And all these years I thought steeler fans were saying "TEEEEETH" in hopes they'd get full sets of them if they said it enough. 

Only ONE guy I know who was looking for his "teefff".   Mellow

[Image: zizk5.gif]

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: Only ONE guy I know who was looking for his "teefff".   Mellow

[Image: zizk5.gif]

Ninja

Maybe this guy too? I still remember the day he went from a buckeye to a pile of feces. Sad day.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:24 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Maybe this guy too? I still remember the day he went from a buckeye to a pile of feces. Sad day.

No...Holmes season wasn't over and he made the play.   Smirk
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: No...Holmes season wasn't over and he made the play.   Smirk

I guess with that criteria we shall go back to old faithful. I know y'all like this one. You know, the one that helped you get a worse draft pick?

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:32 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I guess with that criteria we shall go back to old faithful. I know y'all like this one. You know, the one that helped you get a worse draft pick?

Better!

But the Steelers still won.   ThumbsUp
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:32 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I guess with that criteria we shall go back to old faithful. I know y'all like this one. You know, the one that helped you get a worse draft pick?

Moral victories are the cries of the losers.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Miller retired in good health after 11 years at the age of 33. How healthy and functioning will Burfict be at age 33? He might be able to recall his name, but writing down might prove to be too tough.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 03:19 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Miller retired in good health after 11 years at the age of 33. How healthy and functioning will Burfict be at age 33? He might be able to recall his name, but writing down might prove to be too tough.

Considering he laid his best hit with his shoulder, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Antonio Brown on the other hand...to say nothing of Labia Bell. I wonder if that dude will be able to walk bby 26.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 03:19 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Miller retired in good health after 11 years at the age of 33. How healthy and functioning will Burfict be at age 33? He might be able to recall his name, but writing down might prove to be too tough.
I guess Bell should quit now then before his third knee injury in 2016. There are lots of players who may not remember their name like Mike Webster who lived out his final days in the gutter

LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 02:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess Bell should quit now then before his third knee injury in 2016. There are lots of players who may not remember their name like Mike Webster who lived out his final days in the gutter

LOL

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 02:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess Bell should quit now then before his third knee injury in 2016. There are lots of players who may not remember their name like Mike Webster who lived out his final days in the gutter

LOL

Panties?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 03:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Panties?

[Image: 85af8e16ee456388758e299ee63a01ae.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 03:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Panties?
[Image: panties_zpsb7f1758a.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 07:57 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: [Image: 85af8e16ee456388758e299ee63a01ae.jpg]
Wtf  Mellow Shocked
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote

LOL

show us where the bad man touched you Cry
People suck
Reply/Quote