Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Burfict on injury list, tweaked knee?
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/11/12/cincinnati-vontaze-burfict-injury-report-pacman-jones-bill-obrien/75666396/

Says he tweaked his surgically repaired knee. Big deal?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I remember the play where it happened. He came back pretty quickly and looked good, so hopefully it is no big deal...
Reply/Quote
yup. considering he played the rest of the game after tweaking, i'll bet he'll be back in action.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember the look of fear on his face and his seeming reluctance to even move...... was very glad to see him back out there. Hopefully, this is not a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/11/12/cincinnati-vontaze-burfict-injury-report-pacman-jones-bill-obrien/75666396/

Says he tweaked his surgically repaired knee. Big deal?

probly taken it light on him to let him mend
Reply/Quote
Who really knows with Burfict. If he tweaked his surgically repaired knee in any way it's Marvins fault for having/letting him play so many snaps in back to back games in a short week. Not how you protect someone recovering from a surgery athletes rarely recover from.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Damn, hope he is alright. It is not a coincidence that since he came back we have only allowed 10 points per game.
Reply/Quote
My guess is that knee will always be a problem, and may need to continually have maintenance type surgeries in the off season. He may be the type of player that doesn't practice much but still plays on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:51 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: My guess is that knee will always be a problem, and may need to continually have maintenance type surgeries in the off season. He may be the type of player that doesn't practice much but still plays on Sunday.

well at least it will probly have to be scoped in the offseason to remove the scar tissue
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who really knows with Burfict. If he tweaked his surgically repaired knee in any way it's Marvins fault for having/letting him play so many snaps in back to back games in a short week. Not how you protect someone recovering from a surgery athletes rarely recover from.

If he is cleared to play, if the Doctors say he is good to go, then you have to play him.  Any player could get hurt on any play, that is the nature of the sport.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:04 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If he is cleared to play, if the Doctors say he is good to go, then you have to play him.  Any player could get hurt on any play, that is the nature of the sport.

I agree with this.

And I don't think many players on Burficts level just let the team doctors tell them what to do.  I can see a lot of the back up guys playing against doctors orders just to keep a job, but almost every star I pay attention to has a private physician.  
Reply/Quote
Hope it is fine but agree that he has played too many snaps for just returning. Know he wants to but believe coaches should have controlled this better.

Still for the life of me can not figure why a LBer like a Stephone Anthony was not drafted early instead of 2 OT's when Bengals O-line was the best it had been for years. Could have still gotten one OL this year and 1 next "if" needed.

Know 2 will be FA's next year but you have to swing for the fence sometime and that was our only weakness this season. When there will be plenty of needs next year after many FA's decide to get paid probably.

Oh well, rant over and love drafting OL early almost every single year except this one. Just got to hope Burfict's injury is not too serious.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with this.

And I don't think many players on Burficts level just let the team doctors tell them what to do.  I can see a lot of the back up guys playing against doctors orders just to keep a job, but almost every star I pay attention to has a private physician.  

I believe he even flew to CA and saw the physician who performed the surgery before he was activated.  Vontaze signed a big contract last time, but he is looking at the possibility of a mega contract in a couple years.  I would think he took all necessary precautions.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:51 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: My guess is that knee will always be a problem, and may need to continually have maintenance type surgeries in the off season.  He may be the type of player that doesn't practice much but still plays on Sunday.

This.

the microfracture surgery repair is never as good as the original knee with the normal cartilage.  I heard some players who had had it talking about it on the radio.  They say there is always pain to deal with.  The knee joint is stable,  but it just doesn't have as much stuff to act as a shock absorber.

The good news is that they say in will probably keep getting a little better for up to a year, so Burfict may yet seem some more improvement.  But the bad news is that the knee will always hurt and most likely wear out before a normal knee.

Burfict was such a huge part fo our defense that I pray he gives us a few more great years.  But it is possible that he could be gone for good at any time.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope it is fine but agree that he has played too many snaps for just returning. Know he wants to but believe coaches should have controlled this better.

Still for the life of me can not figure why a LBer like a Stephone Anthony was not drafted early instead of 2 OT's when Bengals O-line was the best it had been for years. Could have still gotten one OL this year and 1 next "if" needed.

Know 2 will be FA's next year but you have to swing for the fence sometime and that was our only weakness this season. When there will be plenty of needs next year after many FA's decide to get paid probably.

Oh well, rant over and love drafting OL early almost every single year except this one. Just got to hope Burfict's injury is not too serious.

Yeah, the Ogbuehi pick and then the Fisher pick was perplexing but they were still solid picks and Fisher has
already contributed. I would of loved to of got Stephon Anthony, dude is playing good for the Saints.
Reply/Quote
I doubt they would put him back at practice if there was a serious knee injury.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who really knows with Burfict. If he tweaked his surgically repaired knee in any way it's Marvins fault for having/letting him play so many snaps in back to back games in a short week. Not how you protect someone recovering from a surgery athletes rarely recover from.

If he was cleared the knee is healthy, otherwise he wouldn't have even sniffed the field.  The number of reps shouldn't make a difference.  
Reply/Quote
Whether Burfict is ok or not we hopefully will be using our 1st round pick on a LB.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:30 PM)ZWP Wrote: Whether Burfict is ok or not we hopefully will be using our 1st round pick on a LB.

Hopefully it is a deep draft for LB, because we will be drafting last in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 06:10 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Hopefully it is a deep draft for LB, because we will be drafting last in the first round.

It wouldn't really matter if it was a deep draft or not. If we get a 1st or early 2nd round rated LB with our first pick, there's a very good chance that he's already one of our 3 best LBs on the roster. We all know what we have in Burfict, Rey is a good run defender, and that's pretty much it. Everyone else is easily replacable.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote