Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's First Time Cutting!!
Burfict was on the field at Paul Brown Stadium working out, running, and making cuts! He's not doing anything spectacular in those videos, but it's something to build on.

Granted that he's not running around like Speedy Gonzalez out there, but it's good to see that it looks like he's recovering, is able to actually make cuts, and is just moving around.

If he can return to anywhere near his normal form, our D is going to be NASTY!
Reply/Quote
I remember the same type of videos for Marvin Jones last year. I just hope that Burfict will actually be playing again early this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Its a good sign that he is cutting. Hopefully this means he is getting closer to practicing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 01:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I remember the same type of videos for Marvin Jones last year. I just hope that Burfict will actually be playing again early this season.

MLJ injured another part of his body.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
While it is nice to see him moving about, freely.  We won't really know the status of the healing process, until he takes an inadvertent helmet to the knee.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Any progress is good progress. But I'm prepared not to see Burfict until week 8. And I hope they stick to that plan. We don't need him rushing back And I don't trust him to not try to rush back. We saw how he handled his concussions. Hopefully the team is smart with him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If he is his old self and Geno is too, the defense will be terrific!
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Any progress is good progress. But I'm prepared not to see Burfict until week 8. And I hope they stick to that plan. We don't need him rushing back And I don't trust him to not try to rush back. We saw how he handled his concussions. Hopefully the team is smart with him.

I share your concern.  His judgment is not good and the team needs to control his reentry making sure he is truly ready.  There is no point in his returning until he's 100% ready to play without the fear of reinjuring the knee, and there will be an added benefit of getting reps for Hawk or Dawson.
Reply/Quote
Better than the video of Justin Hunter cutting.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Any progress is good progress. But I'm prepared not to see Burfict until week 8. And I hope they stick to that plan. We don't need him rushing back And I don't trust him to not try to rush back. We saw how he handled his concussions. Hopefully the team is smart with him.

Truth be told the additional tome off until week 8 can only help the head injuries also
Reply/Quote
He doesn't look close to ready in my eyes. PUP list probably. Seriously doubt he plays in the opening week.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I certainly understand everyone's desire to get Burfict back on the field. But I side with those who want to be careful. Burfict's drive to play is so strong that it sort of overcomes him at times, in my opinion.

We want Burfict for the next several seasons, and we have to stay focused on that. He'll be unhappy, but I think he has to go to pup.

On the concussion front, I think he's had plenty of time to get right physically. But I'd like to see them also take a good long time to retrain him on his hitting technique. He's trying to overcome a lifetime of habit, with his straight ahead, lead with the helmet style, and it makes for some great and exciting hits. But he's got to do that differently, get his head up, and hit with his shoulder as much as possible. That will take some real practice time, with special drills and repetition.

We don't want to damage his all-out style, but he just has to adjust it somewhat.
Reply/Quote
I don't think he'll be playing week 1, and I'm a little worried about our LB situation.
Reply/Quote
Ive already accepted the likely possibility that we wont see Burfict until week 8, and I think most of you should as well.
Reply/Quote
No need to rush it. Yes, we need him to play the way he did year before last. But it will take time.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 02:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While it is nice to see him moving about, freely.  We won't really know the status of the healing process, until he takes an inadvertent helmet to the knee.

Yep!!!

But I'm more worried about a knee to the helmet with him.  A couple more of those and he may be on his way out.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 10:26 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Yep!!!

But I'm more worried about a knee to the helmet with him.  A couple more of those and he may be on his way out.

But you can say that about most NFL players.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 10:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: But you can say that about most NFL players.

No...most NFL players haven't had the concussions problems he has had.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 10:32 AM)PApinhead Wrote: No...most NFL players haven't had the concussions problems he has had.

Oooooooh.......  I saw that wrong..........  I thought you meant another player's helmet to his knee.

My mistake  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 10:37 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Oooooooh.......  I saw that wrong..........  I thought you meant another player's helmet to his knee.

My mistake  ThumbsUp

Haha!!!  No problem!! ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote