Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's PFF Grade
(12-08-2018, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So teams only have to worry about:

1) His health - BOTH knee and concussion
2) If he's motivated
3) If he's suspended - BOTH PEDs and Personal Fouls
4) His actual play as he's been pretty bad this year.

That's a LOT to worry about.
Duh there going to be risks I am not denying that.However if you're getting Vontaz at his best you're arguably getting a top-10 player at his position. Is that worth a 3rd or 4th Rd pick I would say yes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 11:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the thing in sports...to determine if it's just a down year or if it's the start of a player falling off of a cliff in performance.

It's impossible to determine.

He's had microfracture surgery and a bunch of concussions. Those point to his play declining.

He's also being targeted by the NFL and trying to tackle different.

What I can't explain is why he just tackles a TE when the TE runs a route.
He also has been good the past three years prior to it'sthis season its not like he has been a scrub. Also he is still under 30 so it could be just a down year. 
Further more the Bengals could make a trade  like they get a third in 2019 and if Vontaz doesn't play a percentage of snaps by suspension or injury then they could give up a pick back  in return like a 5th.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Not many teams would take on that kind of risk. Most teams view red flags as distractions to avoid. Thus Burfict went undrafted.

Teams wouldnt even spend a 7th Round pick to draft him.
Reply/Quote
With a new coaching staff next year i doubt Tez makes the team I’d actuallh bet on it
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He used to be great, now he's not even good. I watched him closely during the Ravens game, and he was just jogging around. Not hitting, diving, especially tackling. His high speed was coming off the field for third downs, which half the time resulted in the Ravens converting. Thinking some people remember the previous VB games/season and apply that now. It is just not there anymore.
Reply/Quote