Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict signs 3 year extension!
(09-07-2017, 08:11 PM)McC Wrote: I think Tez is going to get it figured out.  He changed considerably last year.  I don't think he will allow the witch hunt to take football away from him because he loves it too much.  He will adjust.

I think so too but what's to stop the way too powerful NFL from deciding he's committed an infraction even if he hasn't?  It just happened that way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree with Bonnie, and I love it.

Look, Tez does have to clean up his act, but he's trying.

And when I think of the cheap hits that we've seen out of Heinz Ward, Mike Mitchell, Shazier, and whoever hit Huber it's obvious that the NFL doesn't want an even playing field.

So "bite us, NFL!"
Reply/Quote
I'm glad we got that out of the way, but wasn't expecting it to cost $13 mil a year for the guy given all his suspension history. If he stays out of trouble he's well worth it though so I won't complain...I'd love to get Eifert locked up soon too
Reply/Quote
The guy has been a playing the same brand of cheap shot, uncontrolled, moronic football for a decade.

Now he is magically going to change? Sounds ideal
Reply/Quote
It's a good deal for both sides.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:38 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: The guy has been a playing the same brand of cheap shot, uncontrolled, moronic  football for a decade.  

Any guess how many Personal Fouls he had last year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:38 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: The guy has been a playing the same brand of cheap shot, uncontrolled, moronic  football for a decade.  

A decade?  He was signed in 2012.  Is that ten in your world?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:43 PM)McC Wrote: A decade?  He was signed in 2012.  Is that ten in your world?

I Guess you forget college where he was so awful on the field he was benched and subsequently went undrafted
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:46 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I Guess you forget college where he was so awful on the field he was benched and subsequently went undrafted

Of course you hate him.  All Steelers do.  Wave yer towel.  And learn how to count.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:46 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I Guess you forget college where he was so awful on the field he was benched and subsequently went undrafted

You simply hate everything this team does, and every player, apparently.  Maybe you ought to find a new team that lives up to your standards.

As for the topic of the thread, despite what any TROLL might think, I am ecstatic with this news.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm happy to see Taze locked in. I'd almost guarantee Mike Brown has some sort of protection in the deal regarding suspensions.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:50 PM)McC Wrote: Of course you hate him.  All Steelers do.  Wave yer towel.  And learn how to count.

Steeler fans can only count the past and their trophies.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:38 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: For the first time ever that felt like Mike Brown just gave a middle finger to the NFL, which he should do a lot more often.

Rock On Bonnie
Reply/Quote
Well... I'm happy... But I'm also torn. 

The microscope Burfict is under is massive. He's likely going to be suspended again (and next time for a LONG time), whether he deserves it or not. The NFL has the power to suspend this guy whenever they want, and I believe they'll once again make an example of Burfict by suspending him as soon as an opposing player gets a bad bruise (i.e. Burfict hits them "too hard"). Can we count on Burfict to consistently be there for us? Realistically speaking, probably not.

He's an undeniable elite talent. But if he's going to miss several games each year due to suspension (again, whether he deserves it or not)... Is he worth it?? Time will tell.

From a pure talent standpoint, this is a no-brainer. From a longterm, reliability standpoint? I'm not so confident. It truly sucks, but it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals must LOVE DRAMA.

I couldn't see a single other team giving him more than a 1 year deal.

He's another questionable hit away from an 8 game ban. He leads with his head on hits and has concussion issues. Also he had microfracture surgery on his knee.

From a talent perspective, he's a great LB...but you can't pencil him in for 16 games a year.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:50 PM)whodey365 Wrote: I'm happy to see Taze locked in. I'd almost guarantee Mike Brown has some sort of protection in the deal regarding suspensions.

Yeah...players don't get paid while suspended. That's just how it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:07 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Only the bengals would sign a suspended player to a 40 million extension, when even the common fan can foresee that he'll soon be banned from the league for a year+

They better have a nice out clause on the deal with basically zero guaranteed.

Yes. Unfortunately I think the league is going to make an example of Burfict. 'Look we're trying to clean up concussions.'

I think it's inevitable that he'll be banned from the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Unfortunately I think the league is going to make an example of Burfict. 'Look we're trying to clean up concussions.'

I think it's inevitable that he'll be banned from the NFL.

I disagree.  Time will tell who is right.  Nothing is inevitable but death.

Reply/Quote
I'm pretty happy about this. Love it! steeler nation mourning as they should. He will give him hell for a little while longer. LOL. Be fearful all you goop chutes!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:18 PM)McC Wrote: I disagree.  Time will tell who is right.  Nothing is inevitable but death.

If they gave him a 4 game suspension from the KC hit...how can you not think they'll continue to suspend him?

Next suspension is 8 games. The next is 16. Then ban.
Reply/Quote