Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict signs 3 year extension!
(09-07-2017, 09:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If they gave him a 4 game suspension from the KC hit...how can you not think they'll continue to suspend him?

Next suspension is 8 games. The next is 16. Then ban.

Why is it guaranteed he'll be suspended?  Stop acting like the future is already written.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
And the Stealers cry and cry.....
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And the Stealers cry and cry.....

Well, the NFL guy whose job it is to watch every move he makes is rejoicing, knowing he has at least three more years on the job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

[Image: 21369102_2146945831989584_10339464557376...e=5A6045EA]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:38 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: The guy has been a playing the same brand of cheap shot, uncontrolled, moronic  football for a decade.  

Now he is magically going to change? Sounds ideal

2012- 2 penalties, 0 unnecessary roughness, 14 games started
2013- 13 penalites, 8 unnecessary roughness, 16 games started
2014- 3 penalties, 1 unnecessary roughness, 5 games started
2015- 6 penalties, 3 unnecessary roughness, 10 games started
2016- 2 penalties, 1 unnecessary roughness, 11 games started

His reputation since being in the NFL is for the many utterly stupid things he did in '13, which compounded anything he did afterward. Plenty of things he did in college compounds anything he does since he's been in the NFL. 

It's all his own doing, but there is no need for a "magical change". Five UR penalties in the last 3 years combined (21 games). 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 2012- 2 penalties, 0 unnecessary roughness, 14 games started
2013- 13 penalites, 8 unnecessary roughness, 16 games started
2014- 3 penalties, 1 unnecessary roughness, 5 games started
2015- 6 penalties, 3 unnecessary roughness, 10 games started
2016- 2 penalties, 1 unnecessary roughness, 11 games started

His reputation since being in the NFL is for the many utterly stupid things he did in '13, which compounded anything he did afterward. Plenty of things he did in college compounds anything he does since he's been in the NFL. 

It's all his own doing, but there is no need for a "magical change". Five UR penalties in the last 3 years combined (21 games). 

You neglect to mention that he has an UR in the 2017 preseason that resulted in a 3 game suspension.

Also he had 17 personal fouls in 37 games in college.

Also, he averages playing 11 games a year due to various factors. Concussions as he leads with his head. And he had microfracture surgery.
Reply/Quote
Wow! Pretty dumb. No need to even begin to explain why. Just wow.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You neglect to mention that he has an UR in the 2017 preseason that resulted in a 3 game suspension.

Also, he averages playing 11 games a year due to various factors. Concussions as he leads with his head. And he had microfracture surgery.

I also neglected to mention that since '13 he's drastically reduced the number of dumb things he does. Which was my point to the post that said he's been doing "the same thing" for the last decade. 

I guess it all evens out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Based on the facts

He's good for 10 or so games a year

6 misses with injuries or suspension, doesn't matter

That's 35% of 13 million, 4.75 mill that Mike can save and not invest in the team payroll/cap
Reply/Quote
There will come a time when the powers that be will respect the Bengals. A team founded by one of the great coaches in the history of the sport. A team run by the son of that person. A team that has an African American head coach as the second longest tenured coach in the NFL. A team that gives (much against many fans and detractors angst) players, mostly African American, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances to improve their lives. These powers that be will eventually figure out that an NFL team with an "in your face" attitude will deserve some love and stop assessing these crippling penalties on our team.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You neglect to mention that he has an UR in the 2017 preseason that resulted in a 3 game suspension.

Forgot to mention him pushing a coach in camp a few weeks ago in camp, after he tackled Gio semi-low in a non-tackling drill. 

Woops, my bad, I should be rejoicing. Yay!!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:07 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Only the bengals would sign a suspended player to a 40 million extension, when even the common fan can foresee that he'll soon be banned from the league for a year+

They better have a nice out clause on the deal with basically zero guaranteed.

He may very well get kicked out of the league for life, before that contract is up.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If they gave him a 4 game suspension from the KC hit...how can you not think they'll continue to suspend him?

Next suspension is 8 games. The next is 16. Then ban.

There will be lawsuits if it keeps up.  
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I also neglected to mention that since '13 he's drastically reduced the number of dumb things he does. Which was my point to the post that said he's been doing "the same thing" for the last decade. 

I guess it all evens out. 

I agree that he's been smarter...but he still leads with his head on tackles...and he's been suspended already this season.

If there is a questionable tackle...it's going to go against him...just like the one in the KC game.

Homers are gonna home. You guys can all talk about him like he's going to play 16 games a year and do nothing stupid...but he averages 11 games played a year.

Also, I think this extension makes it more likely that Marvin returns as coach.
Reply/Quote
Anyone who takes issue with this would probably take issue with anything.

Even if you think Burfict is a risk, the Bengals covered that. Only $3 million is guaranteed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 10:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: There will be lawsuits if it keeps up.  

He'd have no chance at winning a lawsuit over suspensions. He has a personnel foul history clear back to college.

The best they could hope for was a delayed suspension...and a lawsuit would be a huge distraction.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree that he's been smarter...but he still leads with his head on tackles...and he's been suspended already this season.

If there is a questionable tackle...it's going to go against him...just like the one in the KC game.

Homers are gonna home. You guys can all talk about him like he's going to play 16 games a year and do nothing stupid...but he averages 11 games played a year.

Also, I think this extension makes it more likely that Marvin returns as coach.

F***!! I didn't even think about that Bang Head
Reply/Quote
Congratulations Burfict I am happy the Bengas gave him such a nice contract. Burfict is not only a great linebacker he is a real leader. Tez inspires everyone around him to be better.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this signing. Dude takes our D to the next level and for folks worried about Mike Brown's money; IF he gets suspended he doesn't get paid, reports are there is very little guaranteed, and it's front loaded to avoid any cap issues.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this signing. Dude takes our D to the next level and for folks worried about Mike Brown's money; IF he gets suspended he doesn't get paid, reports are there is very little guaranteed, and it's front loaded to avoid any cap issues.

Smart. 

And it's not a very big "if". It's clear the NFL has it out for him
Reply/Quote