Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict signs 3 year extension!
(09-07-2017, 07:16 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Fire in the hole!

(09-07-2017, 07:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's what she said...  Ninja

It must burn when she pees?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With so little guaranteed, I'm good with the deal
Reply/Quote
I think it was dumb, but if it truly is only 3 mil guaranteed then congrats on the Bengals for buying low. It's not going to help this teams image to announce this while he's serving his suspension, but who cares image dosent win games. Unfortunately I think this is a sign that Marvin will be extended anytime between now and game time Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Excellent news that Burfict will continue his career with the Bengals. He is a cornerstone of this franchise whether you like it or not, and I for one, love it.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy about this.

I believe that makes Burfict the highest paid non-pass rushing LB in the NFL.

[Image: zqeohZY.png]

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/linebacker/
Reply/Quote
Great move, this extension makes very happy.
You definitely do want Tez to hit the open market for
another record setting contract for some other slub franchise.
Reply/Quote
Those who think this is dumb: You wanna see this guy in black and yellow? Or anywhere else? Get a grip. May I suggest soccer?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 09:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

[Image: 21369102_2146945831989584_10339464557376...e=5A6045EA]

You think Boomer gets jealous with the way he talks about Brady.
Reply/Quote
We got it right.

It was Bodine Eifert or Burfict.

Glad i can keep my pic of the Burfict Dalton til 2020
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 06:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Great news!!

super happy for one of our best players

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
So long as we are planning to tag Eifert I am cool with this.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:38 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: For the first time ever that felt like Mike Brown just gave a middle finger to the NFL, which he should do a lot more often.

Love the post and love the signing !

Who Dey !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Boy oh Boy! Do I ever see the orange goonie  getting chosen by everyone here as the most popular poster on this board! 
And that ladies and gentlemen is how to make friends and influence people..just go online and criticize everything this team ever does to keep one of our most popular players.
Gosh! I wish I had thought of doing that first! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
At first i was like whats the rush?

And then i was like does this set a good example for Tez considering the suspension he just received? It's like spanking err i mean sending your kid to timeout and then taking them to Chuck E Cheese right after. If the owner feels Tez is being signaled out he needs to ***** speak up. Loudly.

And then i saw the guarantee and now i'm cool with it.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 11:41 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Those who think this is dumb: You wanna see this guy in black and yellow? Or anywhere else? Get a grip. May I suggest soccer?

Exactly! Let the other 31 teams have nightmares about #55. Awesome news. 

Reply/Quote
Funny how some fans are roasting this decision, but I guarantee other teams would definitely OVER pay Burfict to have them on their team...and those fans would NOT complain.

Also, Chandler Jones makes HOW much!? Whaaat.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 10:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He'd have no chance at winning a lawsuit over suspensions. He has a personnel foul history clear back to college.

The best they could hope for was a delayed suspension...and a lawsuit would be a huge distraction.

I disagree.  That last hit did not warrant a five game suspension or a three game suspension. They are trying to punish him for the past.  If he continues to get singled out and suspended for clean hits, he does have grounds for a lawsuit, and so does the team because they have a vested interest in him.  And Mike Brown may not be the best owner, but he's a damn good lawyer for this team.  The stadium deal may have been unfair, but it was certainly Bengal friendly.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 11:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm happy about this.

I believe that makes Burfict the highest paid non-pass rushing LB in the NFL.

[Image: zqeohZY.png]

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/linebacker/

Yeah, all the guys ahead of him have had double digit sack seasons.
- - - - - - - - - -

I don't care for this deal because I can't believe any other team was going to offer him anything close to this.

-He's had an extensive concussion history (ended the '16 season missing the last two games due to concussion, missed a couple games in '14 with a concussion) and is one big concussion from missing a season.
-He's had microfracture knee surgery ('14-'15 offseason).
-The NFL is looking to suspend him for ANYTHING even if it's a BS suspension and is one questionable hit away from getting 8 games.
-He showed up in '16 and wasn't even in shape.
-He hurts himself in nearly every game he plays in.
-He's missed 22 games the last 3 years and is already going to miss at least 3 more this year.

There's no question that Burfict is an extremely talented player, but lets face it. He's a pretty shitty investment. I think when Burfict comes back from suspension and inevitably concusses himself again this season, missing 2-3 more games and finishes another season with ~10 games played, or makes an even moderately questionable hit and the NFL goes back to their witch hunt, the Bengals will look awfully foolish knowing that they could have gotten him for more like $8m/yr.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:21 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I agree with Bonnie, and I love it.

Look, Tez does have to clean up his act, but he's trying.

And when I think of the cheap hits that we've seen out of Heinz Ward, Mike Mitchell, Shazier, and whoever hit Huber it's obvious that the NFL doesn't want an even playing field.

So "bite us, NFL!"

The shady nefarious stealer bastids are probably gonna cry yellow tears ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 12:16 AM)Joelist Wrote: So long as we are planning to tag Eifert I am cool with this.

The same thought went through my mind, although I have to say.... Burfict would be my choice if I could have only one of the two.

I think they were able to load a fair amount of the extension to this years cap. That's good news for Eifert.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote