Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict signs 3 year extension!
(09-08-2017, 11:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Love Geno, but I do not know that I would put him in front of pre injury Krumrie...

Krumrie has the tackle numbers for sure AND he was a super penetrator; hell, even AFTER the injury, he was still dominant.

But he was never the best at his position, in the league; Geno has been since 2012.

EDIT: And no, Aaron Donald is NOT better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Not to worry. Pissberg will employ one of their patented cheap shot artists to attempt to take out VB's knee and no matter how cheap and illegal the potential hit may be said cheap shot artist will then be revered in Pissberg as the greatest player with only the highest integrity as a great humanitarian if successful. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Pretty sure that while he is suspended he isn't collecting a paycheck. That's why they always talk about how much money he loses while he is suspended. 

It's not really too much of a gamble for Cincinnati, he's a Pro-Bowl level LB who is targeted by the league because of where he plays. Had he left and signed with Seattle, or Green Bay, or pitt, or New England or any of the "chosen" franchises, he'd be a Pro-Bowl LB who "cleaned up" his act and no longer dealt with suspensions. So, the team keeps him here and anytime he is suspended he doesn't cost them money (Mike Brown loves that) and he doesn't count against the 53 man roster. 

You can't let a guy with this level of talent walk out the door, because as much as ESPN, CBS and every fan or every other team loves to bash on him...the moment he moves to a team they have a hard-on for, he'd be praised as the greatest LB in the modern era.

Pretty much spot on.  We haven't had an enforcer like him since Fulcher.....Nelson was up there, but Burfict and Fulcher instilled fear in opponents.  We're not a punching bag anymore, at least there's that.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Mixed feelings.

Although he's a great player, he's too often off the field due to injury or his own stupidity.

He's a liability, and should not be relied upon. When he's doing well, he's doing great and I love watching him play...I just can't put my trust in him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Awesome!!! Rock On

This had to be done in my opinion, whether he gets suspended or not he is our Defensive captain and one of the best LB's
in the NFL when he is on the field. He has turned around his dirty play and should not of been suspended or even fined for
that legal hit on Sherman.

I liked what Bonnie said about this is MB giving the finger to the NFL and it needs to happen more often lol

Burfict should be rewarded like this for turning his dirty play around, not punished for trying to learn to be better.

Great news guys, The Burfict Storm is here to stay in his prime! Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 10:01 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No argument here, mio amico, but please notice I used future tense....

I love me some Burfict, but Atkins deserves proper respect. He's likely the only player on the current roster that will get serious HOF consideration when all is said and done. As much as we want to compare Burfict to Ray Lewis, Burfict only has 1 pro bowl and 1 all-pro (2nd team) in 5 seasons. Both way back in 2013. 

In 7 seasons, Taz already has 5 pro bowls and 3 all-pro teams (2x 1st team). When we look back at these teams in 10 years, we will remember them for the defense. We will remember the defense for Geno Atkins.

(09-08-2017, 11:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Love Geno, but I do not know that I would put him in front of pre injury Krumrie...

Love Krumrie and he was definitely a very good player, but sometimes I think people attach the good memories of a SB run to him and make him out to be something more than he really was. He only made 2 pro bowls and 1 all-pro in 12 seasons. He didn't disrupt game plans as much as Geno does. His 1988 season was pretty magical, but Geno has been that good his whole career.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I do think we need to add another capable LB to hedge our bets against a Burfict suspension.

Maybe Vigil or Minter prove capable? Maybe we add one next year in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 01:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I love me some Burfict, but Atkins deserves proper respect. He's likely the only player on the current roster that will get serious HOF consideration when all is said and done. As much as we want to compare Burfict to Ray Lewis, Burfict only has 1 pro bowl and 1 all-pro (2nd team) in 5 seasons. Both way back in 2013. 

In 7 seasons, Taz already has 5 pro bowls and 3 all-pro teams (2x 1st team). When we look back at these teams in 10 years, we will remember them for the defense. We will remember the defense for Geno Atkins.

Love Krumrie and he was definitely a very good player, but sometimes I think people attach the good memories of a SB run to him and make him out to be something more than he really was. He only made 2 pro bowls and 1 all-pro in 12 seasons. He didn't disrupt game plans as much as Geno does. His 1988 season was pretty magical, but Geno has been that good his whole career.

Hopefully AJ Green is in the HOF one day.

I know that if he played for the Patriots he would be.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree that he's been smarter...but he still leads with his head on tackles...and he's been suspended already this season.

If there is a questionable tackle...it's going to go against him...just like the one in the KC game.

Homers are gonna home. You guys can all talk about him like he's going to play 16 games a year and do nothing stupid...but he averages 11 games played a year.

Also, I think this extension makes it more likely that Marvin returns as coach.

His suspension this year is BS. It was definitely not necessary to hit the FB the way he did, but he didn't break any rules. The NFL is just trying to take those kinds of hits out of the game. 

I'll take Burfict for 10-12 games a year, as long as they're the last 10-12. It's much better than zero games. I don't give a poo what he's making, per game or otherwise. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 01:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: His suspension this year is BS. It was definitely not necessary to hit the FB the way he did, but he didn't break any rules. The NFL is just trying to take those kinds of hits out of the game. 

I'll take Burfict for 10-12 games a year, as long as they're the last 10-12. It's much better than zero games. I don't give a poo what he's making, per game or otherwise. 

Which is a point I've been making, but fans can't look at it objectionably.

His reputation has made it where he makes a normal tackle that is a clean, hard-hit and he will get suspended. Even when he cleans up his play...he'll still get penalties. Just how its going to be.

If the Bengals can live with getting 10-11 games out of him a year...then you do this move. But he's likely not going to play 15-16 games multiple years in a row.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 09:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Geno is arguably the best defensive playerin team history, let alone under MB.

And Dunlap is better than Burfict as well.

Geno especially though; the man is untouchable.

Geno, yes. But i don't agree with Dunlap. I love Dunlap as a player, but he doesn't impact the overall D as much as Burfict does when both are healthy and on the field.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't know. Dunlap generally plays 16 games. I think that is a huge part of having an impact.

He's a good pass rusher. A good run stopper. He doesn't get personal fouls like Burfict. He bats passes.

I'd say he's more valuable overall than Burfict.
Reply/Quote
love it. I'd pay him the full amount to end raplisbergers existence on oct 22nd at about 1:15.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 01:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is a point I've been making, but fans can't look at it objectionably.

His reputation has made it where he makes a normal tackle that is a clean, hard-hit and he will get suspended. Even when he cleans up his play...he'll still get penalties. Just how its going to be.

If the Bengals can live with getting 10-11 games out of him a year...then you do this move. But he's likely not going to play 15-16 games multiple years in a row.

I can only assure you that i've always taken his reputation of past transgressions into account as to why he has a target on his back. And it's a well earned target. 

Reply/Quote
The one and only issue i have with Dunlap is, he's not known as a finisher. He has to have the most 'almost sacks' in the history of the NFL. 2015 he turned it around and produced bigger sack numbers, but overall, he a guy that disrupts constantly and is a very good all-around DE. 

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 01:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The one and only issue i have with Dunlap is, he's not known as a finisher. He has to have the most 'almost sacks' in the history of the NFL. 2015 he turned it around and produced bigger sack numbers, but overall, he a guy that disrupts constantly and is a very good all-around DE. 

He also lead the league in pass deflections last year with 16 i do believe. Which is insane. I think i read the next closest to double digit numbers is JJ with 10 and Connor Barwin with 10 as well.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 01:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do think we need to add another capable LB to hedge our bets against a Burfict suspension.

Maybe Vigil or Minter prove capable? Maybe we add one next year in the draft.

Jordan Evans was a huge surprise in the preseason so we may already have a Burfict type LB on the roster. I think some fans dismiss late picks or FA's (like Burfict) as not capable of being great. I loved what I saw and think he could play any LB spot.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 01:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Geno, yes. But i don't agree with Dunlap. I love Dunlap as a player, but he doesn't impact the overall D as much as Burfict does when both are healthy and on the field.

Doesn't impact? Absolutely.

But he's still better; as we're talking about history, Ken Riley didn't impact a game as much as a Jim LeClair or Reggie Williams.

But he was better. MUCH better.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I hate to shift gears from the OP, but it's related...

With only two days left before the start of the season and Burfict eating up most of the remaining cap space this year, does anyone see Eifert leaving in FA next year to a place like Cleveland that is hurting for a playmaker and has plenty of cap space to absorb a big contract if the Bengals don't exclusive tag him?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 02:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jordan Evans was a huge surprise in the preseason so we may already have a Burfict type LB on the roster. I think some fans dismiss late picks or FA's (like Burfict) as not capable of being great. I loved what I saw and think he could play any LB spot.

People act like Burfict was some little known prospect from a small school.

He was undrafted because he was undisciplined on the field. He was benched in college because of that. He also showed up to the combine really out of shape and ran a slow 40 yard time for a LB.

Before all of that, he was thought of as a 1st Round pick.
Reply/Quote