Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict to practice today
(10-29-2015, 01:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ironic you stated that. I have a dream where on a Nationally televised game, Pig Ben drops back, starts his "dancing assbag" routine, and then gets sandwiched at full speed between someone like Burfict and Maualuga.

He crumbles to the ground, and the steelers are forced to punt, but then the TV crews capture an image of Benderella jogging quickly to the sideline covering his behind with one arm.  His teammates try to help, but it is no use...the TV crews, the Bengals, and even some of the officials are dying laughing as the rapist has clearly shit himself all over his yellow pants. 

Very descriptive dream :) and Hilarious!! LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2006 the Colts Bob Sanders only played in 4 regular season game. The Colts had the worst rush defense in the entire league giving up over 100 yards in every single game. 

Sanders returned for the postseason and the Colts had the #1 rush defense in the playoffs allowing only 73 rushing yards per game on their way to winning the Super Bowl.

Bob Sanders was an amazing safety. Felt bad for the guy his career was riddled with injuries.
Reply/Quote
That's great news.
So his journey back to playing on Sundays begins. I would say at earliest he might see the field would be next week against Cleveland. Most likely the week after is when he will make his debut for this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:27 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: In your scenario, why would they play him vs Pittsburgh?  Makes a lot more sense to rest him for the next 2 games and eye a week 10 or 11 return.

Because we could really use him against Pissburgh?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:52 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Do you give up a spot on the 46 active player list to bring a guy in for a series or two?  Doesn't make much sense, unless he's available to play a whole game if there is an injury or two...

Aren't we just talking about a player who hasn't even been active this year?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This is like Christmas, we now have 3 weeks to activate him which I say take your time, no rush at all
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 03:11 PM)McC Wrote: Aren't we just talking about a player who hasn't even been active this year?  

well yeah someone will have to leave the 53 man roster presumably one of the 7 weekly inactives...

But then Burfict Active means we have to inactivate someone else that has been playing. which could come from any position like a backup OL TE or DB or LB
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 01:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My definition of football shape and your must differ. He has been working with trainers for 6 months so it is very easy for me and likely their goal was to strengthen the muscles around his knees and hamstrings. If not, he could never do any type of running. It is my understanding he was doing straight ahead running for a very long time. They added cutting and other strength exercises I would assume once they were able to manage any soreness or swelling issues.

In this case, I think football shape really refers to football basics of tackling and shedding blocking as well as the mental aspect so he can play fast. But, maybe I am wrong. I went through a year long rehabilitation on my left knee as my ACL was shredded, my MCL torn as well as both meniscus. My therapy and then training started with strength because I really could not run or even attempt to jump at less than full strength of the muscles around my knee as well as the healing of the bones around my kneecap and I also needed 12 screws.

"Football shape", as I used it, to me means being able to run through blockers and not snap a tendon.  When he runs, and does squats, and therapy, etc. there is never a 300lb individual trying to prevent him from doing those things.  I could run like a deer, all day long, squat a ton of weight, etc. but until I started doing them both at the same time, as is required by actual football contact drills....well, let's just say the soreness was unbelievable at the beginning of a season, despite one's so-called "conditioning".

I'm sure that mentally, he is 100% and he is probably watching a lot of videos and understanding his future opponents.  He is as instinctive a LB as I have ever seen.  I'm not worried about that portion of it whatsoever. 

I want him out there as bad as the next guy, and even having him out there for a few snaps at putzburg would be highly motivating to the team.  However, the goal is the Super Bowl, and I really, really want him down the stretch and in the postseason.  I think the team can be 9-0 without him and then he starts to get acclimated in the AZ game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 03:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: "Football shape", as I used it, to me means being able to run through blockers and not snap a tendon.  When he runs, and does squats, and therapy, etc. there is never a 300lb individual trying to prevent him from doing those things.  I could run like a deer, all day long, squat a ton of weight, etc. but until I started doing them both at the same time, as is required by actual football contact drills....well, let's just say the soreness was unbelievable at the beginning of a season, despite one's so-called "conditioning".

I'm sure that mentally, he is 100% and he is probably watching a lot of videos and understanding his future opponents.  He is as instinctive a LB as I have ever seen.  I'm not worried about that portion of it whatsoever. 

I want him out there as bad as the next guy, and even having him out there for a few snaps at putzburg would be highly motivating to the team.  However, the goal is the Super Bowl, and I really, really want him down the stretch and in the postseason.  I think the team can be 9-0 without him and then he starts to get acclimated in the AZ game. 

agree but the Team should be highly motiviated as is... Undefeated and chasing history in more than one way.
Reply/Quote
Just saw on Bengals.com Burfict had a GREAT practice.......................but, it doesn't sound to me like he will be playing this week! Just My humble opinion

Reply/Quote
I think Burfict is active and plays a around 10-20 snaps. Maybe identical for Cleveland, 70%-80% for Houston, and then 100% from there on.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think we will see him in Cleveland. Which is unfortunate because we will get a healthy dose of Bell down our throat. Pretty tired of seeing Maualuga chasing after people 10 yards down the field.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
That being said, if Burfict has three practices in a row where people say, "It looks like he never left." Makes you wonder why you don't put him out for 10-20 snaps. You don't learn how to drive in a parking lot after all.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:50 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Burfict is active and plays a around 10-20 snaps. Maybe identical for Cleveland, 70%-80% for Houston, and then 100% from there on.

Heck, just having him dressed, would be an incredible morale boost for the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:44 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Burfict practices today, and the 21-day clock on activating him begins.

I know I've been pretty conservative in my estimates on his return - I really didn't think he would play until Houston. I guess we'll see, but part of me thinks they wouldn't get him going in practice this week without an immediate return. I'm sure Marvin will just give us a "we'll see" on this because he won't have to do anything until Saturday, when we're not allowed to be around the team.

I'm thinking they are shooting for next Thurs against Cleveland
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 05:23 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think we will see him in Cleveland. Which is unfortunate because we will get a healthy dose of Bell down our throat. Pretty tired of seeing Maualuga chasing after people 10 yards down the field.

I'm tired of seeing that too and Bell will go crazy running.. Which makes for a long ass game
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:50 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Burfict is active and plays a around 10-20 snaps. Maybe identical for Cleveland, 70%-80% for Houston, and then 100% from there on.

I would love this!!! 

I guess we will find out soon enough.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
IMO I don't think he should come back this week. It's not the end of the world if we lose this game. It would be horrible if he was rushed back and ends up aggravating his knee.

BTW, the newest bengal fan was born Monday night!! He already has an AJ Green jersey :)
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 06:37 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: IMO I don't think he should come back this week.  It's not the end of the world if we lose this game.  It would be horrible if he was rushed back and ends up aggravating his knee.  

BTW, the newest bengal fan was born Monday night!!  He already has an AJ Green jersey :)

Yeah, as much as I'd like to see him some in this week's game, I won't be upset if we hold off on getting him in there.

Congratulations on the new Bengals fan and addition to your family!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I fully understand the concept of being in shape vs being in football shape. Unfortunately, the way practices are mandated under the CBA, I'm not sure Burfict can get in football shape anywhere other than in an actual game. There's little aggressive contact during practice at this point in the season.
Reply/Quote