Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict to practice today
Whenever the team decides to bring him back ?

Burfict is exactly what this defense needs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 05:23 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think we will see him in Cleveland. Which is unfortunate because we will get a healthy dose of Bell down our throat. Pretty tired of seeing Maualuga chasing after people 10 yards down the field.

??? Maualuga has been playing stellar football this season. Still room for improvement but lets not act like he's been playing bad. 
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Who's to say he isnt already in football shape? He was really close to being activated in the beginning of the year so he may have been getting in shape this whole time. We'll just have to wait and see i guess.
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 08:41 PM)Dmac18 Wrote: ??? Maualuga has been playing stellar football this season. Still room for improvement but lets not act like he's been playing bad. 

Stellar? Eh. He has played the best of the three but stellar? Nah. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 05:23 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think we will see him in Cleveland. Which is unfortunate because we will get a healthy dose of Bell down our throat. Pretty tired of seeing Maualuga chasing after people 10 yards down the field.

(10-29-2015, 05:46 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I'm tired of seeing that too and Bell will go crazy running.. Which makes for a long ass game

Too bad that hasn't happened for about 2 years.

Its not "cool" to hate on Rey anymore, especially when he's not deserving of it.

Stop it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 08:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Too bad that hasn't happened for about 2 years.

Its not "cool" to hate on Rey anymore, especially when he's not deserving of it.

Stop it.

So, you might agree that it is best to keep Maualuga in the middle, and help funnel the ball carrier to him?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 08:49 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Stellar? Eh. He has played the best of the three but stellar? Nah. 

He has had a solid year and the stats back it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:02 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: He has had a solid year and the stats back it up.

This is my new signature:

[Image: 21b3df40-3c20-4ede-8868-a266aab46dfe-large.jpeg]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think rushing him back would be silly. Yes it's an important game but we want him ready for the stretch run. Get him enough practice reps for the next few weeks so when he goes out there on Sunday, he's the beast we've come to know.
Reply/Quote
I'd say rest him the next 2 games and then play him after theBrowns game
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Burfict back out there making players and big hits, but there is something about one of our best players, not at 100% thinking about suiting up against a team that takes more dirty, cheap shots then any team in NFL history that makes me a little nervous. I'd rather have him for the playoffs then let some bum from pitt end his career.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'd rather keep my favorite player, who isn't really game-conditioned yet, off of the filed where attempted jaw-breaking and ligament-shredding is to be expected. Not saying that tide hasn't turned BUT why risk it now? We're 6 - 0 w/o Burfict after all. I'm with those who say December thru February games are far more important.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Yes, it was on the Northern Kentucky/ Cincinnati TV Channel 19, which really does give good Bengals coverage on their sports news. Just seconds ago they said Burfict IS back in practice. He told news men that he wants to play. When reporters asked Coach Lewis, he gave no response.  Channel 19 reporter said he expects Burfict to be activated to play after game 8, saying at 6-0, they could really use Burfict and his knee in good shape going into the play-offs. The Bengals play Steelers Sunday and Browns Thursday, 2 games in 5 days. Channel 19 reporter said he expects Burfict to be in practice next week and feels after game 8 with the Browns, there is a good chance Burfict might be activated to start the last 8 games in the second half of the season and into the play-offs.  

This is good news that he is practicing and I agree to make sure his knee is OK, plus he missed all Spring and Summer practices. He missed preseason and 6 games of regular season and practice. Now that he is in practice, do not rush it. He is still in the rehab mode. Let him get some rehab practices in. Let him get back in football shape. The goal is to get Burfict back healthy and in shape and then activate him. Then you put him in and take him out of games at first. Hopefully by play-offs he is 100 % and we have our Pro Bowl LB to go after a trip to the Super Bowl. ......as to who gets cut, maybe nobody. Maybe somebody will be injured and he goes to the injured list. They may move one of the rookies on the active roster to the practice squad if possible. The rookie with the cleanest uniform that hasn't seen any game action. I would not cut Hawk because Burfict has the knee, the concussions, and him getting suspended a lot for head hits to consider. I would keep Hawk and his Super Bowl experience and Super Bowl ring as an active LB to help get Bengals to the Super Bowl. Myself, I might move a rookie like WR-Alford to the practice team if possible. A player really injured bad could be moved to the injured list.  I don't look for any of the playing active roster to get cut.

It is good news to hear Burfict is back in practice, but 1 practice does not mean his knee is ready for the Pittsburg Steelers or the Cleveland Browns 5 days later....TV 19 says maybe the Houston game November 16th.  That makes sense, and Burfict could be active going into the last 8 games, plus play-offs, and that's not bad. The Bengals are 6-0, and have the luxury of not rushing him back before he is ready.  The Bengals play 2 division games in 5 days, but then don't play again for 11 days, and that is when we might see Burfict get in a game, The Houston Game. 

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 06:37 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: IMO I don't think he should come back this week.  It's not the end of the world if we lose this game.  It would be horrible if he was rushed back and ends up aggravating his knee.  

BTW, the newest bengal fan was born Monday night!!  He already has an AJ Green jersey :)

At this point it doesn't matter whether he comes back this week, next week or the Houston week.  He is now 10 months removed from the surgery and has gone through very rigorous rehab.  At this point the knew is not going to be any better in 1 or 2 more weeks.  Whether he is in football shape or not remains to be seen.  From what I've read he looks like he never left.  If that the case put him out there for a certain number of plays.  Holding him out for 2 more weeks at this point with not heal the knee any more.  He can either do or he can't.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 11:38 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: At this point it doesn't matter whether he comes back this week, next week or the Houston week.  He is now 10 months removed from the surgery and has gone through very rigorous rehab.  At this point the knew is not going to be any better in 1 or 2 more weeks.  Whether he is in football shape or not remains to be seen.  From what I've read he looks like he never left.  If that the case put him out there for a certain number of plays.  Holding him out for 2 more weeks at this point with not heal the knee any more.  He can either do or he can't.

I agree with most of this.  During the season there is not a lot of full contact in practice.  Burfict is not going to get his body in "football shape" unless he plays some football.

One thing that might take some more time to work out is the adjustments the other LBs may have to make.  I have a feeling that Vinny Rey will see some snaps at either MLB or SOLB when Burfict takes over at WOLB.  Maualuga may even see some snaps at SOLB.  They probably won't completely re-shuffle the LB corps in the middle of the season, but it isn't rocket science to move these guys around.  They need to do whatever it takes to get the best combination of LBs on the field at one time.  That is the kind of stuff they can look at when they get the extra few days after our Thursday night game.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:44 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Burfict practices today, and the 21-day clock on activating him begins.

I know I've been pretty conservative in my estimates on his return - I really didn't think he would play until Houston. I guess we'll see, but part of me thinks they wouldn't get him going in practice this week without an immediate return. I'm sure Marvin will just give us a "we'll see" on this because he won't have to do anything until Saturday, when we're not allowed to be around the team.

Awesome, thanks for the update Jim. Cool
Reply/Quote
Most are saying we should give him another week or two, but if he's ready, he's ready. If he's not, he's not. None of us know if he's ready or not. It'd be nice to see him against Pittsburgh though, even if it's only 10-20 snaps to help him get back in the swing of things. I agree with Sunset that it'd be a huge morale boost if he even dresses.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
They had a Doctor on Sirius Radio today talking about VB and micro-fracture. He said if a player is able to come back from it, the chances of them playing long enough to earn a second contract is rare.

He tried to dumb down the procedure. He said imagine a field with lush grass, the microsurgery location is a bare-spot. The first thing you have to do to grow new grass is to prep the area (surgery) and then stay off the grass for 6 weeks. After that you can slowly tend it and it will fill-in; however, it will never be as strong or last as long as the natural growing grass; simply because the soil underneath cannot maintain good grass.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 02:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They had a Doctor on Sirius Radio today talking about VB and micro-fracture. He said if a player is able to come back from it, the chances of them playing long enough to earn a second contract is rare.

He tried to dumb down the procedure. He said imagine a field with lush grass, the microsurgery location is a bare-spot. The first thing you have to do to grow new grass is to prep the area (surgery) and then stay off the grass for 6 weeks. After that you can slowly tend it and it will fill-in; however, it will never be as strong or last as long as the natural growing grass; simply because the soil underneath cannot maintain good grass.

Pretty much the medical consensus, on this.  

II would be thrilled but not holding out any hope, between this and his proness to concussions.

A great player may have aa career that never gets off the ground. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 08:49 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Stellar? Eh. He has played the best of the three but stellar? Nah. 

Vinny Rey has played the best.
Reply/Quote