Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict wins lol
Some things are worth losing. Kicking the crap out of pissburg is one of them..I'd rather win, but if you're going to lose to pissburg at least kick the crap out of them and lay down the law that you won't be punked around and they're going to be hurting win, lose or draw.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's kind of hilarious watching the Steelers fans revealing just how much of a little ***** they are, collectively.

A player that injures other players? Man, such a novel concept. They don't know anything about that, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:37 AM)grampahol Wrote: Some things are worth losing. Kicking the crap out of pissburg is one of them..I'd rather win, but if you're going to lose to pissburg at least kick the crap out of them and lay down the law that you won't be punked around and they're going to be hurting win, lose or draw.

The biggest thing to change out of this season...
For a couple decades we made Pittsbugh fans feel warmly welcome in the jungle and so many came they felt like it was sort of their vacation house.  This year they were all put on notice they're not welcome here, and I think not as many will come in the future.  Yea, that's a good thing!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:05 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: The biggest thing to change out of this season...
For a couple decades we made Pittsbugh fans feel warmly welcome in the jungle and so many came they felt like it was sort of their vacation house.  This year they were all put on notice they're not welcome here, and I think not as many will come in the future.  Yea, that's a good thing!

I was going to make a thread on this but MAJOR PROPS to the stadium sound guy. Every single time the yinztards tried to get their "here we go" chant going the sound guy cranked out some music and shut them all the F up. The Bengals and fans aren't taking any more of their shit. The future is bright on that front. 
Reply/Quote
Like I said in another thread, I want fans of other teams to feel comfortable with friendly rivalries in PBS....but I want Stoolers fans to be scared to death to come here.....
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol it will man .  No way 3 games sticks.   Down to 1.   his hit wasn't even bad.
They are framing it as a lifetime achievement suspension...  But I agree, at least one game will be knocked off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Lol
Reply/Quote
It's pretty amazing how people can make opinions off of someone based off of one or two events.

I keep reading people talking about how Burfict will end up in prison, lol, I guess they don't understand the difference between on the field and off the field.

Twisting poster boys ankles was his low moment IMO, he hasn't been nearly as dirty since then.. People are wussies.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol it will man .  No way 3 games sticks.   Down to 1.   his hit wasn't even bad.

If I were defending him I would show the string of hits by Harrison, then his fine total and length of suspension.

If a guy who publicly stated he was not going to stop intentionally hitting guys in the head only got 1 game for quite a few more hits than Burfict has, there is no way that 3 games can hold up.

If they try to uphold it, take the Brady route and sue the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 05:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If I were defending him I would show the string of hits by Harrison, then his fine total and length of suspension.

If a guy who publicly stated he was not going to stop intentionally hitting guys in the head only got 1 game for quite a few more hits than Burfict has, there is no way that 3 games can hold up.

If they try to uphold it, take the Brady route and sue the NFL.

The problem they never stated how many hits it takes to get a suspension.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 06:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The problem they never stated how many hits it takes to get a suspension.

Correct, thus there is a precedent set with Harrison.  He had a dozen or so hits, and received 1 game after multiple fines and public refusal to change.  Thus Burfict's suspension cannot exceed that.

Suh was only suspended 1 game for his first major incident.

Burfict was not ejected, so it cannot be equated to Albert Haynesworth's 5 game suspension.

The Harrison case is the most relevant to this situation, and precedent says 1 game, not 3.
Reply/Quote
They need to make the rules clear.

Leading with the helmet should be a penalty everytime.

Hitting with the shoulder should be ok. This way you can still have big hits .

Make all plays reviewable.
Reply/Quote
what makes the Vontaze suspension different is how it was worded..........im para phrasing but it mentioned multiple violations.........kinda like a repeat offender penalty..............ala James Harrison & Suh...............but 3 games ?.............appeal and hope its 1 or 2

i luv having Vontaze on my team............best LB enforcer in the NFL.............and the best part is the squeelers know we got him and they hate it

i hope he pounds their ass into the ground twice a year for the next 10 years !!!!!!!

PS  plz re-sign Adam Jones..............need the attitude...........Pro Bowl CB, PR and KR..............luv that guy too
Reply/Quote
Just imagine being a runner or receiver going in the middle against out linebackers. If Burfict doesn't kill you, then you have to deal with Maualuga, who has delivered some sick hits himself (though all of his have been clean without a doubt). The best they can hope for is run right and deal with Hawk or Rey....
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 07:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They need to make the rules clear.  

Leading with the helmet should be a penalty everytime.  

Hitting with the shoulder should be ok.  This way you can still have big hits .  

Make all plays reviewable.

Any hit to the head as the first & main contact should be a penalty, and I agree should be reviewable. I dont see how it can be more complicated than that outside of fluke accidents. If that was the case Burfict's and Shazier's hits both would have been rightfully flagged. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:23 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: In related news, Pittsburgh has announced its new motto, "Pittsburgh: We can dish it out, but we can't take it."

Hilarious  good one!

and when they cry the refs come over and give them a hug.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:10 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Man I was hoping that his suspension got reduced.

But it is nice to see the fear he's putting in Steelers fans lol

Hey you never know it might by a game. It's just a shame because they guy Lewis vouched for played like the best in the league but the emotions set in and it got the best of him. I think him and Hill will come back to have the best seasons of their careers next year barring injuries. It's just so hard for me to believe that after all of the teams that ML has had in the past that he couldn't get his players under wraps and focused for such a big game. I just couldn't see those turn of events occurring on a Bill coached team. I never thought that this loss would linger so long. I guess it's because it's the best roster that we've assembled in my lifetime. I've never seen the good ol days because I wasn't born. I only know loosing and one and done. I have faith that that loss will make them grow up at least.
Reply/Quote
So Pittsburgh's 3rd choice RB just fumbled the ball away, and Denver turn it into 8 points.

Who was it who took their #1 RB out for the season? Denver win with Burfict getting his name in the winning credits.

(we'll ignore DeAngelo Williams for the sake of this rather pointless post. Im just trying to get Burfict winning again as a thing here).
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:09 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I really hope the league tries to be cute and schedule Bengals/Steelers for Week 3 only to have the appeal reduce the suspension. I'd laugh my ass off.

I promise you the first Thursday Night game of the 2016 regular season will be Pittsburgh at Cincinnati.  The NFL and the networks know this would be a gold mine for ratings whether Vontaze Burfict plays or not.  There is no way these two teams are ever going to get along so let's embrace it.  If Vontaze is suspended, Rey Maualuga can crack skulls with the best of them and so can George Iloka.  It's about time the biggest thugs on the block, the Steelers, are afraid of the Bengals and Ben Roethlisblunder will think twice about throwing crossing routes against the Bengals because he knows his receiver is going to get lit up.  
Reply/Quote
Big Ben should seriously consider retirement.

Because facing Burfict twice a year is going to take its toll.

He is not getting any younger.

Their fans can suck it and glad they finally know what the other side of the fence is like. Too funny.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote