Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burleson predicts Zac will be Coach of the Year
Nate Burleson has been buying into the Bengals more and more of late. 

Reply/Quote
Always liked my fellow Nate, sure hope he is right. Cannot argue against anything he said here.

Still I have to have my expectations tempered cause I always get too excited going into a season and am let down.

This is the most I have seen this FO try for a Coach in my time and I absolutely love all the players they have brought in.

Hopefully the coaching aspect on the field improves so much that this happens.
Reply/Quote
I hope he's right... McC is working on a book of all the bad things I've said about Zac Taylor. It should be a good read, and I hear crow goes really well with an IPA beer.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 09:06 PM)jason Wrote: I hope he's right... McC is working on a book of all the bad things I've said about Zac Taylor. It should be a good read, and I hear crow goes really well with an IPA beer.

Twelve chapters and counting.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 09:19 PM)McC Wrote: Twelve chapters and counting.

You know what's funny? I remember on the old board you posted something along the lines of "I don't care how it happens. I kinda want us to take one of them out.". It was in reference to the Steelers. I remember it cause a thread started by a Steelers fan popped up about it in Smack Talk naming you... Anyway; that night Reggie Nelson hit Leveon Bell low, and took out his knee. Then Vontaze got him the next year.

Excellent prognostication...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm not laughing real hard. But I do have one eyebrow raised.

ZT and the Bengals kinda faced a perfect storm last season. But I still need to see some results on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I realize it's not all on ZT but if he goes from 2-14 with an 0-11 start to being coach of the year that's gonna make a lot of heads spin.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 09:37 PM)jason Wrote: You know what's funny? I remember on the old board you posted something along the lines of "I don't care how it happens. I kinda want us to take one of them out.". It was in reference to the Steelers. I remember it cause a thread started by a Steelers fan popped up about it in Smack Talk naming you... Anyway; that night Reggie Nelson hit Leveon Bell low, and took out his knee. Then Vontaze got him the next year.

Excellent prognostication...

Turns out the Squeelers hate the taste of their own medicine.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of Zac's at this point, just as I wouldn't be the fan of any coach who managed a mere two wins.

But I'm sure not rooting for him to do badly. I'd love nothing more than for the team to make the playoffs after the debacle of last season. If he can turn it around, and hopefully also beat the squeelers, then I'd say he deserves consideration for Coach of the Year. I'd also go from being a non-fan to being more of a fan of his.

As Nate said, this is the most the Mike Brown front office has done to help a coach. Back before Mikey boy took over, Paul Brown would do quite a few personnel moves where he'd trade guys to try and improve the team. Trades and the draft were what he had to work with because free agency didn't exist. Mike boy has barely made trades in comparison. So Zac has all the support he should need. Now it's up to him, the coaches and the players to put it together.

Reply/Quote
One scary thing is the fall of the LA Rams and some of the boneheaded decisions McVay has made over there. Paying Ramsey this monster contract is the latest. I’m not saying ZT will be good or bad based solely on that, but we hired the guy as a McVay zealot and I haven’t been impressed with that franchise since their super bowl run.

ZT needs to turn thugs around quickly!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 11:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: One scary thing is the fall of the LA Rams and some of the boneheaded decisions McVay has made over there. Paying Ramsey this monster contract is the latest. I’m not saying ZT will be good or bad based solely on that, but we hired the guy as a McVay zealot and I haven’t been impressed with that franchise since their super bowl run.

ZT needs to turn thugs around quickly!!!

I think most of the thugs are no longer with the Bengals.

Best part is my phone autocorrected thugs to things just now.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I know Marvin got serious Coach of the Year considerations when he took the team to 8-8 in his first year. I think it'll take at least 9-10 wins for Zac to win the award this year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 12:21 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I know Marvin got serious Coach of the Year considerations when he took the team to 8-8 in his first year. I think it'll take at least 9-10 wins for Zac to win the award this year.

Didn't Marvin win it in 2009? Or was it 2011?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm not a Taylor fan, but I hope that he will be coach of the year. I just felt like coaching was a step or two back from Lewis. I feel like if we had Marvin last year we would have won at least 6 games. I guess we're in a much better spot this year because of our horrible record. Oh well, let's see how wet behind the ears Taylor is this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 12:26 AM)jason Wrote: Didn't Marvin win it in 2009? Or was it 2011?

2009. He was lauded for keeping the team together that year. I don't remember him getting any consideration in 2011.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 08:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Nate Burleson has been buying into the Bengals more and more of late. 

I love how Kyle Brandt followed up his COTY call with "Are the going to make the playoffs" and Nate said he believes they will.  Burleson is all in on the Bengals.  Love it.  
Reply/Quote
I love to see the hype. I’m skeptical of ZT at this point but I would be a liar if I said that I wasn’t excited about the season. This squad has me the most excited I have been in a long time. The FA moves, the Burrow energy, all of it has me looking forward to Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 11:50 PM)jason Wrote: I think most of the thugs are no longer with the Bengals.

Best part is my phone autocorrected thugs to things just now.

Thugs like Andy Dalton?
Reply/Quote
I always say don't judge a rookie player by his first season. So I say the same about Zac. Losing Williams, Green, and Boling really threw a wrench into his first season.

But the fact that I am not trashing him based on his first season does not mean I am going to praise either. I was impressed with the way they fixed the run game in the middle of the season, but this team looked really bad last year.

Finally, a head coach is only as good as his entire coaching staff. I actually have more faith in Zac than his staff. None of them impressed me when we hired them. Not only had our head coach never even been a coordinator, but neither of our coordinators had ever gone into a season at thta position either.

I understand that some good coaches did no look good their first season, but ALL the horrible coaches I know of did not look good their first season either.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love how Kyle Brandt followed up his COTY call with "Are the going to make the playoffs" and Nate said he believes they will.  Burleson is all in on the Bengals.  Love it.  

All 3 of them have shown the Bengals a lot of love; I think GMF is such a well-liked show because they NEVER go out of their way to bash teams/players and they always have a sunny disposition, even when being critical and they give props to players and teams when they do things right, even if they are in the midst of a bad year.

Plus, Nate's Canadian, so he gets props from me as well Wink

EDIT* And I don't know why Kay Adams got that facial surgery/shaved her cheeks/whatever-the-**** she did to her face; she looks much worse and phony Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote