Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow 4 Payton
Man i hope the players don’t check these boards lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:35 AM)Housh Wrote: Man i hope the players don’t check these boards lol

I'll generalize and speculate they don't because message boards are for Boomers, Gen Xers, and older Millennials. Screw them young ones and their Tik Tok ways.

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: I probably would not give up Burrow for Payton. Finding a QB is tough and one sees teams that can not find one for years, not too pretty.

I would however trade a first rounder for a top coach probably. For a great coach might be worth more than a great player, QBs excepted. I'd hesitate a bit maybe right now for it's probably too soon to fire a super bowl coach.

Of course, the dream scenario would be to keep JB and sign SP. But to get SP is going to cost. The dude took a Saints team that was 3-13 the year prior to his arrival to the NFC Championship game in 1 year. He has 7 division titles,  3 NFC championships, and a Superbowl ring.

I suggested JB as it would be the toughest pill to swallow, but I'm happy to see many think the Bengals are better with JB and Zac than they'd be with SP and a "average" starting QB. Which is what Brees was before he teamed up with Payton, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course, the dream scenario would be to keep JB and sign SP. But to get SP is going to cost. The dude took a Saints team that was 3-13 the year prior to his arrival to the NFC Championship game in 1 year. He has 7 division titles,  3 NFC championships, and a Superbowl ring.

Yeah I get it, maybe it would be not an outlandish price. But no, right now I would not pay that price. The team was in the superbowl and now is 2-3 with 3 losses within three points, in a season where everyone beats everyone. Too early to fire a super bowl coach and make such an extreme move for my taste.

(10-16-2022, 12:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I suggested JB as it would be the toughest pill to swallow, but I'm happy to see many think the Bengals are better with JB and Zac than they'd be with SP and a "average" starting QB. Which is what Brees was before he teamed up with Payton, 

I doubt Brees was all that Garappolo level of average, but even if. If we lose Burrow right now, we might have trouble even finding a QB as average as Brees was. Who'd be a candidate? Not to diss Cooper Rush or any possibly available QB, I don't see Brees potential.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm keeping the thread alive because that's how a message board works. Someone starts a thread, others reply, and the OP defends the premise of the thread.

Of course, the OP often has to deal with posters who add nothing other than to talk about how "stupid" the thread is, but those folks are easily dismissed.  

The thread is about Bengals because it addresses one of the most discussed topics in the forum (Zac's ineptness) and asks what folks would give for the golden goose of coaching..I'd assume you'd consider it realistic if I said Payton 4 Jackson Carman and a 3rd rounder.

If I wanted to talk about trading for a RB or OL I would put it in the trade forum. This thread is about trading and has a stupid premise attached of trading our franchise QB. It should be in the trade forum. 

You haven't even given your opinion or added anything to this thread. You just keep asking people what they would do. You aren't defending anything other than the pointlessness of the OP.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:35 AM)Housh Wrote: Man i hope the players don’t check these boards lol

Young people don’t even know what message boards are.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:54 AM)hollodero Wrote: I doubt Brees was all that Garappolo level of average, but even if. If we lose Burrow right now, we might have trouble even finding a QB as average as Brees was. Who'd be a candidate? Not to diss Cooper Rush or any possibly available QB, I don't see Brees potential.

Brees was obviously not what he eventually became with the Saints but he was an above average QB before getting there. He had won Comeback player of the year, been to a probowl, and was 5th in Offensive POY before getting there. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course, the dream scenario would be to keep JB and sign SP. But to get SP is going to cost. The dude took a Saints team that was 3-13 the year prior to his arrival to the NFC Championship game in 1 year. He has 7 division titles,  3 NFC championships, and a Superbowl ring.

I suggested JB as it would be the toughest pill to swallow, but I'm happy to see many think the Bengals are better with JB and Zac than they'd be with SP and a "average" starting QB. Which is what Brees was before he teamed up with Payton, 

Brees was very good in 2004 for San Diego (Pro Bowl, Comeback Player of the Year, won the division, etc).

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 01:01 AM)TheFan Wrote: If I wanted to talk about trading for a RB or OL I would put it in the trade forum. This thread is about trading and has a stupid premise attached of trading our franchise QB. It should be in the trade forum. 

You haven't even given your opinion or added anything to this thread. You just keep asking people what they would do. You aren't defending anything other than the pointlessness of the OP.

Thanks for the tutorial. I've been doing this all wrong for the past 18 years. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Couple of things here:

Payton isn’t coaching right now. If he’s ok staying retired the Saints don’t hold the cards to demand a kings ransom for him.

He was already ok being tampered with during the Miami/Brady fiasco. I’m not trading for him and giving up a franchise QB. He was ready to leave NO once Brees was done. Wanted Brady. I could see him wanting Burrow but not wanting to be here without a legit QB.

A legit franchise QB is worth more than a great HC. See Brady and Billy B. QB’s win SB’s. Look at the last 20 SB’s winning QB’s-Brady, both Mannings, Fat Jen, Brees, Mahomes, Wilson and Rogers. That group has won 17/20 SB’s.

He is retired, I would need to know he’s committed long term to coaching before giving up anything for him and I certainly wouldn’t consider giving up Joe. If he’s got at least 5 years left that he wants to coach, and he wants to come to Cincy, I would give up a 1st (should be a late first) and not much else.
Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown traded Burrow for Payton, I would find another team to cheer for (and I have been a fan ever since I can remember watching football).
Reply/Quote
What do I have to offer to get Bill Cower, possessed by the spirit of Buddy Ryan ?
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:10 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: What do I have to offer to get Bill Cower, possessed by the spirit of Buddy Ryan ?
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Jimmy Johnson wants none of this lol 

To original OP........Nah I'm good presently and not giving up on Burrow that easily.  

Would consider Chase quicker than Joe being a WR can be replaced easier, yet still no.

Zac is like a Jekyll and Hyde, mostly I'm very pleased with him. Yet sometimes his play calling and excessive gambling bring him down a notch imho. 

He is young and learning per skipping the OC gig. I still believe the good outweighs the bad and the bad can possibly be fixed and he becomes a great HC.  Time will tell and want to see this book written and witness how it ends. 

Believe it will be the beginning of Katie's legacy that could catapult her into greatness in NFL world or be viewed as mediocre when said and done.

Would continue rolling the dice.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
At least make the hypothetical trade for Belichick to make it interesting...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 01:24 AM)502Bengal Wrote: If Mike Brown traded Burrow for Payton, I would find another team to cheer for (and I have been a fan ever since I can remember watching football).

This
Reply/Quote
If you feel Zac is that bad, then just fire him and you've lost nothing.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: I probably would not give up Burrow for Payton. Finding a QB is tough and one sees teams that can not find one for years, not too pretty.

I would however trade a first rounder for a top coach probably. For a great coach might be worth more than a great player, QBs excepted. I'd hesitate a bit maybe right now for it's probably too soon to fire a super bowl coach.

Oh I'd a trade next year's first for Sean Payton in a heartbeat
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:02 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If you feel Zac is that bad, then just fire him and you've lost nothing.

And just wait for the lazy hire of a new coach? At least with trading for Payton, you'd be getting a known commodity.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sean Payton has a say in where he ends up and he wouldnt want to be in Cincinnati without Joe Burrow. Now with Joe Burrow he might.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't trade Joe Burrow for anyone. He is Cincinnati...
Reply/Quote