Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Burrow 4 Payton
I’d take Payton over Zac all day every day. Yes please.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As has been explained to me. It doesn't matter how good the players are if the coach suxs. It was reported earlier this week that NO is shopping Sean Payton's rights for a first-rounder and "more" at a minimum.

So would you trade 1 player (JB) for Sean Payton and be able to keep the rest of the band together?

I was thinking about posting a what if on a different subject but yours was better. Mine was if we could get Bill Parcells out of retirement. Much more meaningful conversation
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Just wondering where all the guys are who said “OMG they just signed Zac to a new contract he’s not going anywhere!111!!!1!” Dude is toast by mid season 2024 if he keeps this crap up. This team is special.

The new standard has been set, fellas. With the personnel and unique Cinderella storyline, the Bengals really did become a powerful brand last year and made their way back to the adults’ table. Dude, even Howard Stern spent a lot of time talking about the Bengals last year, and that was well before the Super Bowl. He had an entire bet (I won’t repeat) on whether they’d beat KC. He doesn’t even watch sports.

I just don’t see the powers that be wanting to lose that momentum. Winning is the most powerful drug there is.
Reply/Quote
No way anyone trades JB for a coach.

I think bfine is trolling everyone. His way of saying “you guys say it’s just the HC so would you make this trade to get the HC we need?”
Reply/Quote
I would trade a 1st round pick but no way you trade burrow. Why would He come out of retirement to coach the bengals if burrow isn’t here?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not just no but F no.... the Payton love here is over the top.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As has been explained to me. It doesn't matter how good the players are if the coach suxs. It was reported earlier this week that NO is shopping Sean Payton's rights for a first-rounder and "more" at a minimum.

So would you trade 1 player (JB) for Sean Payton and be able to keep the rest of the band together?

Weird. It has been explained to me that our players are so good they went to the Super Bowl IN SPITE of our coaching staff. Of course, when I ask why they aren't doing it this year, the same people are strangely silent. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Weird. It has been explained to me that our players are so good they went to the Super Bowl IN SPITE of our coaching staff. Of course, when I ask why they aren't doing it this year, the same people are strangely silent. 

No doubt. We'd NEVER get to the Super Bowl in spite of Sean Payton. So I vote for holding on to Zac in hopes of winning the Super Bowl soon in spite of him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Payton was suspended for a year because his players were collecting bounties for injuring opponent's players. Anyone professing wanting him to come here in any shape or fashion can never complain about how dirty the Stealers are without revealing their hypocrisy.
Reply/Quote
I would have to say no. Burrow is the only QB to get us close since Boomer. We've had plenty of coaches in that time span that all failed.
I seriously doubt even Belichick could've taken any of our teams after 88 to the promised land due to management. Maybe the 05 team but that's a strong maybe. I don't see Chad being the dominant player he was under Bill.

We know we have something special in Joey B. Payton only had one season without Brees (last year) and he was done. Seventeen seasons and 1 SB appearance (which he did win). Maybe Brees wins more than 1 with a different coach?

Just my take.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
If I am correctly understanding that we'd be parting with Joe Burrow to obtain Sean Payton:

Hell no? Absolutely not even close to being considerable? What?
Reply/Quote
I’d trade a first and any player not named Burrow or Chase. People want to point to only one SB win for SP in 17 seasons. Thats ONE more than we have had in 50-something years. With Sean comes Sean’s choice of staff. Hasn’t he pretty consistently had top offenses? Hasn’t he pretty consistently had good offensive lines? How consistent has Zac’s offenses been? How consistently good have Zac’s offensive lines been? Sean has earned respect in this league, I’m sure he wouldn’t have the issues ZT had putting together an NFL-quality staff.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 12:36 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Just wondering where all the guys are who said “OMG they just signed Zac to a new contract he’s not going anywhere!111!!!1!” Dude is toast by mid season 2024 if he keeps this crap up. This team is special.

The new standard has been set, fellas. With the personnel and unique Cinderella storyline, the Bengals really did become a powerful brand last year and made their way back to the adults’ table. Dude, even Howard Stern spent a lot of time talking about the Bengals last year, and that was well before the Super Bowl. He had an entire bet (I won’t repeat) on whether they’d beat KC. He doesn’t even watch sports.

I just don’t see the powers that be wanting to lose that momentum. Winning is the most powerful drug there is.

Charlotte Flair knew the Chiefs would lose to the Bengals during the playoffs. 

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 05:14 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I’d trade a first and any player not named Burrow or Chase. People want to point to only one SB win for SP in 17 seasons. Thats ONE more than we have had in 50-something years. With Sean comes Sean’s choice of staff. Hasn’t he pretty consistently had top offenses? Hasn’t he pretty consistently had good offensive lines? How consistent has Zac’s offenses been? How consistently good have Zac’s offensive lines been? Sean has earned respect in this league, I’m sure he wouldn’t have the issues ZT had putting together an NFL-quality staff.

You mean like Lou Anarumo? Yeah right, maybe Payton can get Greg Williams back..... Sarcasm OMGLameStopFacepalm
Reply/Quote

I wouldn’t do it for Sean McVay or Mike Tomlin. But it doesn’t really matter Zac’s got the key players squarely behind him, Duke Tobin ( even better) and the younger generation Brown’s. He’s going to be here awhile unless somebody trades a franchise player and #1 draft choices for him to coach their team.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I must say I'm glad to see the vast majority of the answers here.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must say I'm glad to see the vast majority of the answers here.

I think the point is moot. I would love to have Sean Payton but I don't think he would come to Cincinnati without Joe Burrow...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
While obviously this would never happen, if the Bengals could land peyton while having burrow at qb would be a dream combination. Burrow skill set wise seems like a more mobile brees. Super accurate, not afraid to go deep, not top tier arms but Burrows arm is likely stronger than brees's was.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must say I'm glad to see the vast majority of the answers here.

Who knew there were so many closet Stoolers fans wanting the Bengals to be as dirty as Pissburgh
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 08:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who knew there were so many closet Stoolers fans wanting the Bengals to be as dirty as Pissburgh

Apparently not too many. The VAST majority wouldn't even consider it. 

Reply/Quote