Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Burrow Can you Hit
Joe looked awful today, but he'll bounce back. These games against Cleveland are always strange. That Halloween game comes to mind.
HORRORMOVIETALK.COM --- HORRORSOCIETY.COM --- NIGHTCHANNELS.COM
DUSTIN GOEBEL ARTWORK @ PINTEREST --- DARK ART @ MACABRE GALLERY

[Image: imageedit-5-9954707407.gif]
Support your favorite artists, independent filmmakers and movie review podcasters

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Sign a record deal, play like a total asshole and laugh about it afterwards, you deserve the smoke.

Are we talking about Joe Burrow or Neil Young, here?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I ain't worried going forward, but is it too soon to say he had a Bad Joe game today? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, I ain't worried going forward, but is it too soon to say he had a Bad Joe game today? Ninja

Hey at least they only happen against one team. Let’s just not meet Cleveland in the playoffs…

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hey at least they only happen against one team. Let’s just not meet Cleveland in the playoffs…

Tongue Yeah...here lately, we have sucked against the Elves, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
So when are trashing his lawn?
Reply/Quote
I know there are some older folks on this board but the amount of you who forget just last season is surprising. He threw 4 picks week 1. We don't start the season well for whatever reason. It's frustrating as hell but it is what is it no need to panic or say dumb stuff.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:59 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I know there are some older folks on this board but the amount of you who forget just last season is surprising. He threw 4 picks week 1. We don't start the season well for whatever reason. It's frustrating as hell but it is what is it no need to panic or say dumb stuff.

Pretty simple; Burrow has never had a real offseason (Covid, ACL, Appendix, calf) and Zac doesn’t play the starters in the preseason enough. Which is really a problem when the OL is adding and moving guys around.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty simple; Burrow has never had a real offseason (Covid, ACL, Appendix, calf) and Zac doesn’t play the starters in the preseason enough. Which is really a problem when the OL is adding and moving guys around.

We also seem to struggle against Cleveland especially at thier place so I guess its good to get both stinkers out of the way.  Hope we focus up and right the ship next week. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:13 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: We also seem to struggle against Cleveland especially at thier place so I guess its good to get both stinkers out of the way.  Hope we focus up and right the ship next week. 

Are you suggesting we actually came out of this game a plus 2?

We normally lose on opening day.
We normally lose to the Browns.
We normally lose in Cleveland.

Combined 3 losses into one game, works for me.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty simple; Burrow has never had a real offseason (Covid, ACL, Appendix, calf) and Zac doesn’t play the starters in the preseason enough. Which is really a problem when the OL is adding and moving guys around.

I'm thinking more and more that his policy is a problem in this area. At a minimum the Oline should have got a couple series in, in the first couple preseason games. It's hard to simulate real game issues in training camp vs. your own defense.

Would that have made enough of a difference yesterday? Hard to say? 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:16 PM)Nepa Wrote: The odd thing about today was his trying gloves, since I believe he never uses them. Did the weather affect him that much? Did he have trouble gripping the ball? He's done well in cold-weather games before and windy weather. But today was really, really odd, and I'd be curious how much the weather was a factor.

It wasn't ideal QB conditions for sure, but like you say he's fared just fine in bad conditions before. I presume the gloves were an attempt to mitigate the calf, more than the rain.

I think we're gunna just have to chalk this up to a HECK TON of week 1 rust, and a guy still nursing an injury. We have enough knowledge about Burrow to know he's not a problem, unless he's crazy regressed out of nowehere. I moreso blame ZT for playing him if im honest. I don't think he was ready.

Not concerned about our QB, other than how quickly he might be back to being fit enough to be a competent QB. I am a bit concerned that he might not be ready the next week or so either. We'll see. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:37 PM)Leon Wrote: so if some fans disagree with your opinion. should you go be a fan of another team? does that work both ways.

folks need to stop with that stuff. were all fans period

There's a huge difference in being disappointed with the way your team performed and turning on them at the first sign of adversity. People are so soft these days.

Burrow had problems throwing the ball. So did Watson. Watson said the balls were very wet and very heavy. It's like they were just left out or something. I assumed they were kept in a bag on the sideline and then put back when the defense goes out. 

I was actually very happy with the way our new DB's played in their first outing together. They are going to get a lot of picks this year. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:28 PM)JUDAS MESIAS Wrote: Joe looked awful today, but he'll bounce back. These games against Cleveland are always strange. That Halloween game comes to mind.

If Watson plays every game like he played yesterday, he'll be on injured reserve by the 5th game. He got killed on some of those plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:18 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: This?

[Image: Red-Barn.jpg]

Wrong angle for the broad side of the barn..Too diagonal..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some of you just suck. Go be KC fans...

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to applaud performances like we just saw. After the team signing a record deal its hard to watch what we just watched. There should be no excuse for a performance that pathetic by an offense.  And it wasn't just Burrow.

(09-10-2023, 10:37 PM)Leon Wrote: so if some fans disagree with your opinion. should you go be a fan of another team? does that work both ways.

folks need to stop with that stuff. were all fans period

This. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wrong angle for the broad side of the barn..Too diagonal..

He meant standing in it.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:43 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Being a fan doesn't mean you have to applaud performances like we just saw. After the team signing a record deal its hard to watch what we just watched. There should be no excuse for a performance that pathetic by an offense.  And it wasn't just Burrow.

This. 

Nobody said you should applaud it. But the whole "can't hit the broad side of a barn" type comments regarding the all time NFL accuracy QB are over the top.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: the all time NFL accuracy QB 

Is he still?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: Is he still?

I haven't looked it up, but going into the game he was. People act like the man is perfect and can never have a bad day.
Reply/Quote