Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Burrow Can you Hit
(09-10-2023, 07:18 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: This?

[Image: Red-Barn.jpg]

In the entire history of the NFL. Every single QB that has ever stepped foot on a football field; Joe Burrow has the highest career completion percentage of them all.

Every.Single.One.Of.Them.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:43 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Being a fan doesn't mean you have to applaud performances like we just saw. After the team signing a record deal its hard to watch what we just watched. There should be no excuse for a performance that pathetic by an offense.  And it wasn't just Burrow.

This

There should be no excuse? The damn QB had 3 practices the last 6 weeks, no film on the defense, played hurt in a monsoon versus Garrett, Smith and Tomlinson, along with excellent corners. How does any knowledgeable fan say there was no excuse?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Having Browning of all people take the "surrender knee" to end the game was quite the kick in the pants for the kid.  God forbid you at least let him throw the ball, or something. 

That was odd and unexpected. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:30 AM)Nepa Wrote: That was odd and unexpected. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but that seemed weird to me.  Do teams do that often?  I don't recall ending a game with a knee when you are losing, you just throw a 2 yard pass or something, don't you?

Maybe it's not all that unheard of, but I don't think I recall seeing it.  I realize the play is pointless, but it just seemed so flippantly sucky.
Reply/Quote
The beg for mercy knee was the ultimate show of defeat.

Specifically to an AFCN opponent.

Bringing the reigning AFCC appearing team to their knee in a plea for mercy is something we'd never let the Steelers fans for example forget if we could have gotten them so low they had no choice but to surrender.

If this was Russia, they would have been shot heading back to the locker room after that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This was the first time in about three years that I heard mention of Burrow's "small hands." I thought that was dead and buried and now the announcer dug it up with respect to Burrow's ability to grasp the ball in the rain. And it wasn't dug up in a meaningless game, but CBS's main game, with wide coverage. So, now I expect it to propagate on social media and teams praying for rain when they play the Bengals.

Just one more ridicule that Burrow will be knocking out of the park in the near future.

** Post edited after I made a brain-dead error on the announcing team. Watched too many games yesterday and started mixing up the announcing team.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: If this was Russia, they would have been shot heading back to the locker room after that.

If this were Russia the president would be the starting QB of one of the teams in the SB every year and everyone would try to let him win so they don't get shot.
Reply/Quote
Ugly NextGenStats:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/2023/joe-burrow/BUR679731/2023/1/pass
Reply/Quote
It's pretty obvious that Joe doesn't trust his calf and his mechanics were just off. His small hands were also having trouble with gripping the wet ball enough to get any zip on his passes.

Not excuses, just things that were factors that hopefully won't be factors as much moving forward. Just an all-around miserable day.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ugly NextGenStats:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/2023/joe-burrow/BUR679731/2023/1/pass

Pass chart?  More like pass shart.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: The beg for mercy knee was the ultimate show of defeat.

Specifically to an AFCN opponent.

Bringing the reigning AFCC appearing team to their knee in a plea for mercy is something we'd never let the Steelers fans for example forget if we could have gotten them so low they had no choice but to surrender.

If this was Russia, they would have been shot heading back to the locker room after that.

Jesus JJ, take a valium man.... Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: But it happened. What can we do but move on now. We now know the worse case scenario for Burrow's play. It's a level Mahomes or Allen, Herbert or Tua, has yet to hit and therefore Burrow has been knocked down a couple notches.

Allen has had his fair share of stinkers, and Tua has had a bunch of games where he put up right around 100 yards.

Reply/Quote
What happened yesterday was disgraceful. And it wasn’t just Burrow. Lac called an abysmal game and I don’t think he spent over an hour putting together a gameplan.

But Joe is the 275 million dollar man, and he bears certain, oftentimes disproportionate responsibilities in failure. His play was abhorrent and his demeanor during and especially after the game was not befitting of a guy who accepts this role.

It’s going to be a minute before I start to really believe in him again. That should matter to absolutely no one other than me. It’s my take; my opinion. I am not trying to convince anyone to make it theirs.

I think he will rebound and become the leader and the player we all think he is. But my confidence in that assertion has been eroded. Again, my opinion; my problem - not necessarily anyone else’s and I am not asking for it to be.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Allen has had his fair share of stinkers, and Tua has had a bunch of games where he put up right around 100 yards.

I guess some owe Dalton an apology then for acting as though his 2.0 game was rare and career defining. Interesting how when Burrow puts up that kind of game, folks go out of their way to highlight others poor games. 

Dalton never got that grace.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess some owe Dalton an apology then for acting as though his 2.0 game was rare and career defining. Interesting how when Burrow puts up that kind of game, folks go out of their way to highlight others poor games. 

Dude let it go.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude let it go.

I agree with this....but I gotta admit, I find it a bit amusing at the mental gymnastics yesterday and today that have been trotted out to find blame with everyone but Joe. It would have been the exact opposite a few years ago. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess some owe Dalton an apology then for acting as though his 2.0 game was rare and career defining. Interesting how when Burrow puts up that kind of game, folks go out of their way to highlight others poor games. 

Games with a QB rating that low are rare, but singular games are never career defining. No matter how good or bad. Anyone that argues otherwise is simply being unreasonable. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:57 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree with this....but I gotta admit, I find it a bit amusing at the mental gymnastics yesterday and today that have been trotted out to find blame with everyone but Joe. It would have been the exact opposite a few years ago. Smirk

I’m not really seeing it. Burrow has been getting absolutely obliterated. And rightfully so. He was the #1 reason we lost. If someone doesn’t agree with that they’re trolling or just want to argue.

Reply/Quote

What are you talking about? There were plenty of us who defended Dalton's overall QB play.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:30 AM)casear2727 Wrote: There should be no excuse?  The damn QB had 3 practices the last 6 weeks, no film on the defense, played hurt in a monsoon versus Garrett, Smith and Tomlinson, along with excellent corners. How does any unknowledgeable fan say there was no excuse?

We all have our opinions don't we. Mine is that an offense that has been together this long shouldn't be that off. And somehow the opposing team managed to find ways to play with the weather. 

This is supposed to be one of the class offenses in the NFL that has been together for several years now. Make as many excuses as you want, I don't think they should've looked that bad. If Burrow wasn't ready to play then don't run him out there.

I could go on just suffice it to say we disagree regardless of your attempted insult.
Reply/Quote