Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Burrow Can you Hit
(09-11-2023, 02:43 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Are you suggesting we actually came out of this game a plus 2?

We normally lose on opening day.
We normally lose to the Browns.
We normally lose in Cleveland.

Combined 3 losses into one game, works for me.

That's the way i'm looking at it. 3 for 1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I haven't looked it up, but going into the game he was. People act like the man is perfect and can never have a bad day.

That wasn't a bad day. That was a meltdown. We didn't on his "bad days" think Burrow would have a Dalton 2.0 game. Dalton never recovered from that game in the eye's of many. Even if he did, any aura he had of being a solid staring QB at worse was gone. Burrow has lost a significant amount of aura as it relates to how bad he could be. It was a game folks will be referencing decades later (like Dalton 2.0).

But it happened. What can we do but move on now. We now know the worse case scenario for Burrow's play. It's a level Mahomes or Allen, Herbert or Tua, has yet to hit and therefore Burrow has been knocked down a couple notches.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: That wasn't a bad day. That was a meltdown. We didn't on his "bad days" think Burrow would have a Dalton 2.0 game. Dalton never recovered from that game in the eye's of many. Even if he did, any aura he had of being a solid staring QB at worse was gone. Burrow has lost a significant amount of aura as it relates to how bad he could be. It was a game folks will be referencing decades later (like Dalton 2.0).

But it happened. What can we do but move on now. We now know the worse case scenario for Burrow's play. It's a level Mahomes or Allen has yet to hit and therefore Burrow has been knocked down a couple notches.

Drama much????
Reply/Quote
The rain and wind definitely played a factor into the terrible passing performance today, but it was also clear that Burrow had not had enough time to knock the rust off from his 6-week injury recovery.
Bengals probably should have just gone with Browning for the game, but that's easy to say I guess given hindsight.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: That wasn't a bad day. That was a meltdown. We didn't on his "bad days" think Burrow would have a Dalton 2.0 game. Dalton never recovered from that game in the eye's of many. Even if he did, any aura he had was gone. Burrow has lost a significant amount of aura as it relates to how bad he could be.

As bad as Dalton could be on any given night, his worst years were with ZT here and with the Bears because duh, they kill QBs.  So Dalton's recovery post one-n-done era did occur once he got away from those two things.  Conclude what you will of it.  I think we can all agree the Bears are QB poison, for a start.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Drama much????

Was there something in my post you could disbute....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The rain and wind definitely played a factor into the terrible passing performance today, but it was also clear that Burrow had not had enough time to knock the rust off from his 6-week injury recovery.
Bengals probably should have just gone with Browning for the game, but that's easy to say I guess given hindsight.

I was kind of hoping Taylor would open it up for Browning once he went in instead of just handing it off. Game was over at that point, but I wanted to see what he could do. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was kind of hoping Taylor would open it up for Browning once he went in instead of just handing it off. Game was over at that point, but I wanted to see what he could do. 

Having Browning of all people take the "surrender knee" to end the game was quite the kick in the pants for the kid.  God forbid you at least let him throw the ball, or something. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: That wasn't a bad day. That was a meltdown. We didn't on his "bad days" think Burrow would have a Dalton 2.0 game. Dalton never recovered from that game in the eye's of many. Even if he did, any aura he had of being a solid staring QB at worse was gone. Burrow has lost a significant amount of aura as it relates to how bad he could be. It was a game folks will be referencing decades later (like Dalton 2.0).

But it happened. What can we do but move on now. We now know the worse case scenario for Burrow's play. It's a level Mahomes or Allen, Herbert or Tua,  has yet to hit and therefore Burrow has been knocked down a couple notches.

Big time QBs will always throw up stinkers occasionally. 

1. Josh Allen (2021) - 11 of 26, 120 yards, 0 TDs and 3 INTs. 17 QB rating. 
  2. Tua - Has several. Most recent was last year. 10 of 28, 145 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs. 65 QB rating.
  3. Mahomes - 15 of 29, 184 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT. 57.3 QB rating.
Hell, Manning had a game where he threw six interceptions. All of these guys are capable of putting up awful performances. We have enough data on Burrow to know that he is a good QB and this is the exception. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nobody said you should applaud it. But the whole "can't hit the broad side of a barn" type comments regarding the all time NFL accuracy QB are over the top.

Exactly what its meant to be. The all time NFL accuracy QB shouldn't be having this time of game. After signing this type of contract. Its irony in response to irony. 

That game itself was over the top. Or way under the bottom.
Reply/Quote
I'd chuckle if this were the '90s Bengals. I now reject the original post.

[Image: tony-romo-terrell-owens.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:07 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's the way i'm looking at it. 3 for 1

The Browns hadn't won the 1st game of the year at home since like 2004 or something crazy.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Having Browning of all people take the "surrender knee" to end the game was quite the kick in the pants for the kid.  God forbid you at least let him throw the ball, or something. 

What?!?!?! I missed the 1st 59 minutes of the game.

You mean that wasn't a victory formation knee???
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Crazy how fast some of you guys turn on your team.

When a guy gets a 275 mil contract... You somehow expect more..

IDK maybe just me

More evidence that Starters need Preseason time to be Ready.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What?!?!?! I missed the 1st 59 minutes of the game.

So there isn't a QB controversy?
Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What?!?!?! I missed the 1st 59 minutes of the game.

It was a victory in the sense that we're all fine with losing because it doesn't matter.  So yea, when you can lose and still know you're going to the SB and the team who just humiliated you is going 6-11, you have practically achieve fartball nirvana. 

It's the other side of that coin when we beat the Steelers or Patriots or another usually decent team in the Dalton era and their fans were like "Who cares, you're just going to embarrass yourself in the playoffs again" and I was like "You're....probably right."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:27 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Exactly what its meant to be. The all time NFL accuracy QB shouldn't be having this time of game. After signing this type of contract. Its irony in response to irony. 

That game itself was over the top. Or way under the bottom.

I just want to make a point that Burrow is not the "all time NFL accuracy leader". He is the all-time completion percentage leader, and they aren't the same. Deshaun Watson, Herbert, and Jimmy G are all also in the top five. I don't think anyone is going to be claiming they are in the top five of most accurate QBs in the NFL history. It's a product of modern passing rules and modern passing offenses. 
Reply/Quote

But it happened. What can we do but move on now. We now know the worse case scenario for Burrow's play. It's a level Mahomes or Allen, Herbert or Tua,  has yet to hit and therefore Burrow has been knocked down a couple notches.

Speaking of TUA , holy crap did he ball out yesterday VS LA C! I watched the entire game and he was extremely accurate  and went for over 500 yds I think. Hill had like a million yds receiving
It was crazy watching Burrow F up all day and then watch Tua and Herbert go at it like a heavyweight fight in mid season form...just WOW. ...Im jealous
I think Burrow was just not ready and he felt obligated to start as he just signed that contract. Im hoping he sits out until he is close to 100%
That is not the SB QB we all know he is
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:10 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: He wasn't ready, clearly.  I was hoping he'd be replaced by Browning at the half.

I can’t tell if you’re serious. You don’t do that to your franchise QB. It’s not college.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was kind of hoping Taylor would open it up for Browning once he went in instead of just handing it off. Game was over at that point, but I wanted to see what he could do. 

Same here. Browning needs reps in an actual game. Who knows when he might need to be used in a game that matters. Having him just throw the ball one time and then otherwise hand the ball off and take a knee did nothing for Browning. Let him air the ball out. Also it was Yoshi's first experience in an NFL game. Colleges let their backups get actual game experience when a game is out of hand.
Reply/Quote