Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Having Surgery
(07-26-2022, 02:25 PM)pally Wrote: Like you wouldn't have clicked if it said Burrow has appendicitis?  I probably would have worded it just as the OP did.  It said what was happening

Lol I definitely still would’ve clicked it
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 02:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I've had that surgery. Nothing to it.

I had that surgery too and I could barely walk for a couple weeks. Of course, they removed part of my colon as well. It was a pretty bad case for me, cuz I tried to soldier through the pain thinking it was just some stomach issue.

Either way, he's getting the best care in the world and should be fine, although I could see them holding him out of preseason games, so it can heal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 03:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I had that surgery too and I could barely walk for a couple weeks. Of course, they removed part of my colon as well. It was a pretty bad case for me, cuz I tried to soldier through the pain thinking it was just some stomach issue.

Either way, he's getting the best care in the world and should be fine, although I could see them holding him out of preseason games, so it can heal.

Yours was likely the colon that kept you from moving. I had the surgery and was walking easily within 6 hours and back to work 2 days later. That pain before surgery had me crippled though.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: But better now than mid season

Just what I was gonna say.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 04:03 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yours was likely the colon that kept you from moving. I had the surgery and was walking easily within 6 hours and back to work 2 days later. That pain before surgery had me crippled though.

I guess so then, bc when I tried to sit up and then take a shower at the hospital, it was a total struggle and the 2nd worst pain I've ever felt. Right behind when I bit down on some food that sunk into a cavity, and just ahead of when I smashed a finger in the car door full force.

For me, the post surgery walking was easily more painful than before surgery, and that was immensely painful itself. So yeah, seems it was the colon, which makes sense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Burrow went from having his knee destroyed to the Super Bowl the next year. I'm not worried about a minor procedure like that.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
If memory serves I believe Bobbie Williams was somewhat of an Ironman during his time with the Bengals. Prior to ending his career in Stripes with a broken ankle; I think the only time he missed was 2 games for am emergency appendectomy during the season.

In a related story. A few years back I woke up the Friday after Thanksgiving positive I had gotten food poisoning the day prior. I laid on the coach in agony all weekend. I was in a Military School at that time and was almost at graduation, so I didn't want to go to the hospital. But when I showed up Monday morning I could barely walk. They made me go to the emergency room and from there I had to have emergency surgery. 

Luckily I was in a situation similar to Maverick and had already done enough to graduate. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Burrow will have regenerated an entirely new appendix within 2 months.
Reply/Quote
I had this surgery in high school. Kept me out maybe 2 weeks. I was back playing at full speed by week 3
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
What does exactly the appendix do? I mean lot of people say it's useless, but why?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 05:04 PM)Bengalion Wrote: What does exactly the appendix do? I mean lot of people say it's useless, but why?

I'm gonna go with they say it's useless because it's useless..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 02:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Headline nearly killed me.  Excuse me while I try to swallow my heart back down.

Hah! Luckily I saw it first on ESPN which put "to have appendectomy" in the headline. Yeah, if I had seen this "surgery" headline first . . .  
Reply/Quote
Vaxx side effect. Look it up
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 05:22 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Vaxx side effect. Look it up

Burrow was vaccinated last year, not just this week.

Maybe you are the one who needs to do some "looking up".
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 05:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow was vaccinated last year, not just this week.

Maybe you are the one who needs to do some "looking up".

I know. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34746743/

Don't have to take my word for it 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow will have regenerated an entirely new appendix within 2 months.

And it will be the first one in history. We shall call it, The Burrendix!

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 05:28 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I know. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34746743/

Don't have to take my word for it 

Causality wasn't definitely proven, but those can take time.

Something to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 05:22 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Vaxx side effect. Look it up

[Image: will-ferrell.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 05:46 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Causality wasn't definitely proven, but those can take time.

Something to look out for.

There are many other write ups on it but that one is from a scientific journal. I looked into it when it happened to 2-3 of my friends. Just seemed too coincidental 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 05:57 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: There are many other write ups on it but that one is from a scientific journal. I looked into it when it happened to 2-3 of my friends. Just seemed too coincidental 

On the flip side, of all the people i know--and my coworkers know, it hasn't happened to one single person. Same with my wife. I txt her and she said she doesn't know of anyone that she works with or is friends with on Facebook that has had it done. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote