Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow, Higgins, & Chase's Deals
I have a friend that used to work for the Marvin Lewis Community Fund so he got to know some people in the organization.

He said that his source is telling him 10 year, $420 million with $150 million guaranteed and $200 million in total guarantees. The signing bonus is $55 million.

He said that it will free up money to sign Tee for three years at $52 million with $33 million guaranteed and to sign Chase for five years at #110 million with $62 million guaranteed.

Take that for what you will, but it would make Burrow the hero of Cincinnati and will make us contenders for at least another decade!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
I will be truly shocked if Burrow agrees to be the 9th-11th highest paid QB and Tee agrees to be the 23rd paid WR in 2023. Follow that up with Chase being outside of the top-10 in 2024?

Sorry, sounds too fantastical to be true.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 10:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have a friend that used to work for the Marvin Lewis Community Fund so he got to know some people in the organization.

He said that his source is telling him 10 year, $420 million with $150 million guaranteed and $200 million in total guarantees. The signing bonus is $55 million.

He said that it will free up money to sign Tee for three years at $52 million with $33 million guaranteed and to sign Chase for five years at #110 million with $62 million guaranteed.

Take that for what you will, but it would make Burrow the hero of Cincinnati and will make us contenders for at least another decade!

WHO-DEY!

Don’t get your hopes up. None of that sounds correct.

Reply/Quote
Higgins no way. His agent? Not a chance. Most likely Burrow and Chase let Higgins walk because he’ll want too much and not play ball. Chase and Burrow will want top 5 money for their position.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
10 years $420 millliin will be peanuts (relatively speaking) five years from now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely no way Chase takes something that low. And nor should he.

People really need to start being a little more realistic with this contract stuff.

Reply/Quote
That would be beautiful. Not happening, but would be amazing. Way too team friendly for all of them. Gotta figure that’s about 20% light for each guy. And that extra 20% would just be “fair” value. Not overpay prices that they’d get on the open market if they ever made it there.
Reply/Quote
There are only 4 people within the Bengals organization who have any idea what is being considered for those players....that is Mike Brown, Katie and Troy Blackburn, and Duke Tobin. And none of them would be casually gossiping about anything let alone sensitive contract negotiations

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't believe this for a second. Kudos to your friend if it ends up being true, but I highly doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely no way Chase takes something that low. And nor should he.

People really need to start being a little more realistic with this contract stuff.

We're gonna change our name from the Cincinnati Bengals to the Cincinnati 49ers, because all of our players are paid 49% of their market value.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 11:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We're gonna change our name from the Cincinnati Bengals to the Cincinnati 49ers, because all of our players are paid 49% of their market value.

You need to change your name to Negative Nately
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 11:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You need to change your name to Negative Nately

Hey now, I said we'd win the super bowl this year.  Nincompoop Nately fits better.
Reply/Quote
Well, keeping Burrow long term is number 1. Then keeping Chase long term is number 2. Higgins will be left with the scraps and probably walk.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:11 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, keeping Burrow long term is number 1. Then keeping Chase long term is number 2. Higgins will be left with the scraps and probably walk.

Little early for this Miss Cleo.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Little early for this Miss Cleo.

True, but da cards tell me Tee will get da numba one receeva moneys, honey.

All stereotypes aside, it's not too wild to think that Tee would want to prove that he can be a #1 WR and put a passing game on his back.  How long do we have him if we don't tag him?  I could see him getting a #1 slot in Chicago, off the top of my head.

I've said it before, Burrow can get a lot of our non Chase WRs and and our TEs big contracts with desperate teams.  Take less to come here, get paid bigly somewhere else after Burrow inflates your numbers with his elite QB-ness. Look at Uzomah and Hurst, for example.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:11 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, keeping Burrow long term is number 1. Then keeping Chase long term is number 2. Higgins will be left with the scraps and probably walk.

I agree with you top 3, but you are ignoring our 3rd best receiver Boyd who could be a cap casualty. We trade or cut him, we save 8.8million in cap money.

Tyler Boyd
WR
$8,450,000
$1,400,000
$235,280
-
$200,000
-
-
($1,400,000)
$10,285,280

Cap Hit

Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with you top 3, but you are ignoring our 3rd best receiver Boyd who could be a cap casualty. We trade or cut him, we save 8.8million in cap money.

Tyler Boyd
WR
$8,450,000
$1,400,000
$235,280
-
$200,000
-
-
($1,400,000)
$10,285,280

Cap Hit

That's a good point.  If we replace Boyd and Mixon with some more cost-effective players it could all work.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with you top 3, but you are ignoring our 3rd best receiver Boyd who could be a cap casualty. We trade or cut him, we save 8.8million in cap money.

Tyler Boyd
WR
$8,450,000
$1,400,000
$235,280
-
$200,000
-
-
($1,400,000)
$10,285,280

Cap Hit

We are not trading or cutting Boyd before his last season.  I know what he says wants for his next contract and I don't think we will even consider his ask or what he will accept.

Reply/Quote
While those number would be amazing, no way I see that happening. Hope they do but lowest I could see burrow being paid would be 48mil per year average. Higgins is better and worth more than mike Williams so no way he takes less. Chase gets at least 30per probably more like 35.
Reply/Quote
0.0% chance any upcoming contract information on these players gets leaked to OP. I’ll take a perma-ban if I’m wrong.
Reply/Quote