Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(11-15-2020, 10:41 PM)Tony Wrote: This is over now. ImO at this point both Tua and Herbert are better.. Burrow didn't look like he had enough arm strength to cut through the strong wind and cold maybe a problem too.. Deep ball is non existent...

It’s definitely not over. Herbert had his worst game to date, and Burrow still has 3/4 of the NFC Least to play. He should be able to put up some big numbers vs those teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Herbert was so so today so I dont see much movement between them..though Burrow is becoming less stellar with TDs, only 12 in 9 games with 6 coming in 2 games with Browns puts him like 21st in league. Tua is 3-0 so if he keeps winning he might be the surprise pick late

Tua has no chance. He’s being asked to do very little so far. Miami was winning with Fitzpatrick at QB. It’s Herbert or Burrow.

Does look like a hell of a QB class though.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s definitely not over. Herbert had his worst game to date, and Burrow still has 3/4 of the NFC Least to play. He should be able to put up some big numbers vs those teams.

Does Tua get consideration now?

He has less games and less stats, but he has looked good and if the Fins win their division, that hype train is going to be hard to stop.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Does Tua get consideration now?

He has less games and less stats, but he has looked good and if the Fins win their division, that hype train is going to be hard to stop.

See my post above.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: See my post above.

Think you were posting as I was typing.

And at this point I agree, he isn't being asked to do much, but he has two wins, and a two good QB ratings to start off from. I'm just curious if the Bengals finish with 4 wins, and say the Chargers end with 4 wins and the Fins win their division and Tua progresses each game, doesn't he have to be tossed in there as well?

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Think you were posting as I was typing.

And at this point I agree, he isn't being asked to do much, but he has two wins, and a two good QB ratings to start off from. I'm just curious if the Bengals finish with 4 wins, and say the Chargers end with 4 wins and the Fins win their division and Tua progresses each game, doesn't he have to be tossed in there as well?

Based on the Miami Dolphins' winning record Tua Tagovailoa should easily be a candidate for Offensive Rookie of the Year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tua has no chance. He’s being asked to do very little so far. Miami was winning with Fitzpatrick at QB. It’s Herbert or Burrow.

Does look like a hell of a QB class though.

I agree a long shot Herbert has seemed to separate some from Burrow but if Tua continues to win and be very efficient 5 tds 0 ints and 100 passer rating  he will be considered.  It's not just about throwing 40 or times a game and getting yards if he manages to continue playing   well and winning pressure games I would not count him out.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s definitely not over. Herbert had his worst game to date, and Burrow still has 3/4 of the NFC Least to play. He should be able to put up some big numbers vs those teams.

Herbert had a down game problem Burrow has a worse game and wash and giants are playing much better than before and Burrow has Ravens and Steelers still left.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Think you were posting as I was typing.

I just don’t see it. Herbert will probably break Mayfield’s TD record, Burrow has already broke a bunch of rookie records, and might break the rookie yards record, etc.

Tua just won’t have the stats.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Based on the Miami Dolphins' winning record Tua Tagovailoa should easily be a candidate for Offensive Rookie of the Year. 

You realize Fitzpatrick won 3 of those games right?

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just don’t see it. Herbert will probably break Mayfield’s TD record, Burrow has already broke a bunch of rookie records, and might break the rookie yards record, etc.

Tua just won’t have the stats.

Fair enough.

Interesting thing from all of this is, when is the last time the first 3 QBs taken in the first round of a draft all had successful careers?

Edit: I actually looked back.. it was 2004 as it went Eli, Philip Rivers and then rapist.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Fair enough.

Interesting thing from all of this is, when is the last time the first 3 QBs taken in the first round of a draft all had successful careers?

Probably have to go all the way back to 2004 with Eli, Ben, Rivers.

Reply/Quote
Tua obviously still has a ways to go to prove he can stay healthy, too...

*career wise not just this season.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably have to go all the way back to 2004 with Eli, Ben, Rivers.

You are correct, I actually started looking after I asked. 

The only other class that was successful in the first round was in 2008 with Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco as the only 2 QBs taken in the first round.

Fun fact about 2004. There was 4 first round QBs taken, just like in 2020. While the first 3 were good, the final one was a shit show (J.P. Losman) which doesn't bode well for Jordan Love.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You realize Fitzpatrick won 3 of those games right?

And lost 3 games. Tua is 3-0  , I really think u are underestimating if Miami wins the East and Tua continues to perform well rest of season he will be in the running 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Fair enough.

Edit: I actually looked back.. it was 2004 as it went Eli, Philip Rivers and then rapist.

All 3 from 2017 have made the Pro Bowl. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: All 3 from 2017 have made the Pro Bowl. 

True, but I wouldn't wish Trubisky's career on any of the three guys picked this season, as it certainly wouldn't be labeled as a successful career at this point.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:10 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You are correct, I actually started looking after I asked. 

The only other class that was successful in the first round was in 2008 with Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco as the only 2 QBs taken in the first round.

Fun fact about 2004. There was 4 first round QBs taken, just like in 2020. While the first 3 were good, the final one was a shit show (J.P. Losman) which doesn't bode well for Jordan Love.

Trubisky (lol) screwed up 2017. Mahomes and Watson are obviously studs though.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And lost 3 games. Tua is 3-0  , I really think u are underestimating if Miami wins the East and Tua continues to perform well rest of season he will be in the running 

Guys from bad teams win this award all the time. Tua will have to start passing for more than 169 yds a game if he wants to seriously jump in this race. Winning helps, but you need the stats, too.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guys from bad teams win this award all the time. Tua will have to start passing for more than 169 yds a game if he wants to seriously jump in this race. Winning helps, but you need the stats, too.

You focus too much in yards besides if he continues with TDs little ints and 100 rating with winning he will be there.. besides Burrow TDs per game are really starting to lack that will hurt him if it does not change
Reply/Quote