Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(11-16-2020, 12:42 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You focus too much in yards besides if he continues with TDs little ints and 100 rating with winning he will be there.. besides Burrow TDs per game are really starting to lack that will hurt him if it does not change

And you’re focusing too much on records (funny since you thought Herbert was a lock with 1 win coming into today). This is an individual award. If Tua stays on this current pace (519 yds in 3 starts) he’s not going to have the numbers to win OROY. I’m not going to keep arguing with you on this. I know you’re dying for it to go to anyone other than Burrow, but it’s still a 2 man race right now. And it is still a race. Herbert is just slightly out front atm.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And you’re focusing too much on records (funny since you thought Herbert was a lock with 1 win coming into today). This is an individual award. If Tua stays on this current pace (519 yds in 3 starts) he’s not going to have the numbers to win OROY. I’m not going to keep arguing with you on this. I know you’re dying for it to go to anyone other than Burrow, but it’s still a 2 man race right now. And it is still a race. Herbert is just slightly out front atm.

Gotta think it is a 3 man, as there is going to be some love thrown to Clyde Edwards-Helaire. His numbers aren't as high as Herbert and Burrow's but with that offense, he could explode and get hot at any given moment. 

I've also seen some weird write up's where they want to give Tristan Wirfs some mentions, not sure if an offensive lineman has ever won the award.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:54 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Gotta think it is a 3 man, as there is going to be some love thrown to Clyde Edwards-Helaire. His numbers aren't as high as Herbert and Burrow's but with that offense, he could explode and get hot at any given moment. 

I mean, Jefferson is balling out as well, but it would really take an epic collapse by both QB’s for it to not go to one of them, imo.

Reply/Quote
I don’t think an Olineman has a chance in hell, but Wirfs is an impressive human being. That pool jump...

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And lost 3 games. Tua is 3-0  , I really think u are underestimating if Miami wins the East and Tua continues to perform well rest of season he will be in the running 

At his current pace, he has no shot. Team wins don't mean jack squat if the stats aren't there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 03:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At his current pace, he has no shot. Team wins don't mean jack squat if the stats aren't there. 

But what stats are u focused on yard only, he has 5 tds in 3 games, that is a better avg than Burrow, he has zero ints in 3 games better than Herbert and Burrow and a better passer rating than both. If, a big if he continues to lead in all three and they make playoffs with him starting 10 games he is in the discussion I believe
Reply/Quote
The AFCN (and incompetent coaching) did Burrow's chances in when it comes to ROTY.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:55 AM)jj22 Wrote: The AFCN (and incompetent coaching) did Burrow's chances in when it comes to ROTY.

Really?  Cleveland games he has 6 TDs and over 600 yards.. he just has not played well against Ravens and Steelers.  The bigger issue now is he just is not throwing TDs... he only has 6 passing tds in the 7 games outside of Browns game.  I agree Coaching needs to get better but so does Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Really?  Cleveland games he has 6 TDs and over 600 yards.. he just has not played well against Ravens and Steelers.  The bigger issue now is he just is not throwing TDs... he only has 6 passing tds in the 7 games outside of Browns game.  I agree Coaching needs to get better but so does Burrow.

He's got 2 more games against Steelers/Ravens. That is (will be) 4 bad games that Herbert and/or Tua won't have on their resumes. 

Neither has had the kind of bad game Burrow has had (against Ravens/Steelers). They will have to in order for him to have a shot now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Two opposing forces help Burrow:
1) People know what he is playing with and what he is up against. Wins and loses will not be the biggest metric. Tau gets a participation trophy with the Dolphins. Herbert does have a half way chance with the Chargers, but he will have to really put the team on his back
2) Popularity does play a role. Burrow is easy to like and has the swagger and attitude that some absolutely love. He looks corporate.
Reply/Quote
I didn't realize ROY was such a heated discussion.

Why do we care about this again?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:26 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I didn't realize ROY was such a heated discussion.

Why do we care about this again?

At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter much, but any little positive is welcome amidst all the misery of being a Bengals fan (or player).

Reply/Quote
I'm starting to think Tua is gonna pass up Burrow in TDs by the end of the year. I'm really questioning Burrows arm strength, that was needed in the wind and cold weather.. Burrows deep ball is a serious problem at this point... Maybe it isn't all AJ.. Sorry to be so negative guys, but I'm as guilty as anyone for getting to excited about Burrow. Time to pump the breaks.
Reply/Quote
SI polled 30 NFL executives on who will win the ROY awards and Burrow is currently tied with Herbert at 15 votes a piece.

https://www.si.com/college/lsu/football/burrow-queen-favorites-roty

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 03:21 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm starting to think Tua is gonna pass up Burrow in TDs by the end of the year. I'm really questioning Burrows arm strength, that was needed in the wind and cold weather.. Burrows deep ball is a serious problem at this point... Maybe it isn't all AJ.. Sorry to be so negative guys, but I'm as guilty as anyone for getting to excited about Burrow. Time to pump the breaks.

Take a look at projected TD’s for both guys...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4241479/tua-tagovailoa

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3915511/joe-burrow

Also, why are you choosing to ignore the 54 yard completion Burrow had to Tee yesterday? He had a 67 yard bomb (also to Tee) against Indy. His arm strength is fine. It’s his timing he needs to work on.

Reply/Quote
Well with Burrow injury and another 300 yard passing and 3 TDs.. I think Herbert is a lock as ROF.. on pace now to break Rookie Yards and TD records.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well with Burrow injury and another 300 yard passing and 3 TDs.. I think Herbert is a lock as ROF.. on pace now to break Rookie  Yards and TD records.

Enjoy your victory lap, you certainly have earned it.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well with Burrow injury and another 300 yard passing and 3 TDs.. I think Herbert is a lock as ROF.. on pace now to break Rookie Yards and TD records.

Pretty much what you wanted right?

You wanna go be a chargers fan now?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well with Burrow injury and another 300 yard passing and 3 TDs.. I think Herbert is a lock as ROF.. on pace now to break Rookie  Yards and TD records.

Pretty sure this was a given considering the injury and Tua got benched. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:43 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Pretty much what you wanted right?

You wanna go be a chargers fan now?

I'm just glad someone can get some satisfaction and happiness out of what transpired on the field today.  It's an odd sentiment to see on a Bengals fan board, but I suppose it's the small victories that make life worth living lol.  

Rookie of the Year Argument 2020 World Grand Champion, we salute you, sir!
Reply/Quote