Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(11-09-2020, 05:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well im just nota  homer I guess I am being objective on both  with  comparison in a rooke of year thread of if Burrow will win.. i thought we could actually debate here but guess you don't think so.

As to your pointless you missed my sarcasm  . I threw them in since it seemed pointless when Chargers only have Allen as a Pro Bowler to act like they have a bunch of pro bowlers and to leave out Boyd on our end is pretty slanted don;t you think?  but don;t respond since we can;t debate this anyway

All I did was merely point out we’ve gotten zero production TD wise from our TE’s since Uzomah went down. I never claimed Herbert had Pro Bowlers all over his offense, but he does have 4x as many TD’s from TE’s as we do. That’s a significant difference.

And your Herbert obsession has absolutely not been confined to just this thread, otherwise no one would have taken issue with it. You’ve had your weird issues with Burrow (the cigar thing after the NCG) long before you ever jumped on the Herbert bandwagon. It’s almost like this was about something (or someone) else entirely...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 05:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All I did was merely point out we’ve gotten zero production TD wise from our TE’s since Uzomah went down. I never claimed Herbert had Pro Bowlers all over his offense, but he does have 4x as many TD’s from TE’s as we do. That’s a significant difference.

And your Herbert obsession has absolutely not been confined to just this thread, otherwise no one would have taken issue with it. You’ve had your weird issues with Burrow (the cigar thing after the NCG) long before you ever jumped on the Herbert bandwagon. It’s almost like this was about something (or someone) else entirely...
Why don't you start a thread only Burrow rookie of year thread comments deleted if you actually want to discuss it.. you are so soaked in only homer posts I have a hard time taking you seriously 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 06:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why don't you start a thread only Burrow rookie of year thread comments deleted if you actually want to discuss it.. you are so soaked in only homer posts I have a hard time taking you seriously 

Yeah, everyone even remotely familiar with my posting history knows I’m a giant homer...LMAO

Look, I’m not even trying to suggest Burrow should win OROY. Right now literally no one could argue against giving it to Herbert. I think you can make a case for either of them honestly. I’m just pointing out a difference like TE production. Which I think is entirely fair. Hunter Henry is on pace for over 700+ yds, and even their other TE’s are catching TD’s.

We otoh are stuck with a #1TE on pace for 348 yds and 0 TD’s, and little to nothing else behind him. That makes a difference. Uzomah was a bigger loss than some people realize, imo. And he’s really not even that good to begin with. TE is a very weak position group for this team.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 03:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have. There’s probably not a single Pro Bowler on this offense, and we’re still scoring 30+ points a game.

24.3 per game.

20th in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 03:07 PM)Tony Wrote: Boy it's real easy to find the Red BB gun lovers around here lol

The only people who ever mention Dalton are the ones who were obsessed with hating him.

And is anyone who says anything critical of Taylor a "Marvin lover"?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 24.3 per game.

20th in the league.

We scored 30 points twice in 16 games last season. And both were at the end of the year against bad teams.

We’ve already done it 4x in 8 games this year, and a couple of them were against teams with winning records, including 1st place Tennessee. If you can’t see a huge improvement in the offense you’re being obtuse, or just arguing to argue like usual.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 06:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, everyone even remotely familiar with my posting history knows I’m a giant homer...LMAO

Look, I’m not even trying to suggest Burrow should win OROY. Right now literally no one could argue against giving it to Herbert. I think you can make a case for either of them honestly. I’m just pointing out a difference like TE production. Which I think is entirely fair. Hunter Henry is on pace for over 700+ yds, and even their other TE’s are catching TD’s.

We otoh are stuck with a #1TE on pace for 348 yds and 0 TD’s, and little to nothing else behind him. That makes a difference. Uzomah was a bigger loss than some people realize, imo. And he’s really not even that good to begin with. TE is a very weak position group for this team.

i will call a truce.. i know your not a homer but you sure get out there when someone points something out right now that does not bend towards Burrow.. teams are different though.. I have watched Chargers alot since I liked Herbert in College and they don;t run spread  as much like the Bengals do.. it is more offense mindset vs bad TEs.  I think losing Uzomah hurt for sure.. and i would prefer to use Tate almost like a TE but I don;t think in Taylors system TEs are going to be as important.  Hell Big Ben has even disregarded TEs of late... only have like 4  to 5 catches a game for less than 50 yards a game.. they are spread a ton now... 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 03:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have. There’s probably not a single Pro Bowler on this offense, and we’re still scoring 30+ points a game.

If you are going to list stats, I suggest they be accurate stats. Bengals last I checked were closer to 24 points a game than 30 and like 20th of the 32 teams. Why make up crap?

As far as Herbert and Burrow, it is OK to have 2 and maybe 3 (3) franchise QB's in same draft. The thing I see so far is Joe is more than capable of winning big games and a Super Bow; the next 15 years, But only if the FO puts the pieces around him. Matt Ryan got to and should have won a Super Bowl, but he is a great QB who has not consistently given the rest of the talent. He is no youngster.

So, why the big to do about winning ROTY and win 4 to 6 games this year? His career is not on the hook for winning so who cares.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you are going to list stats, I suggest they be accurate stats. Bengals last I checked were closer to 24 points a game than 30 and like 20th of the 32 teams. Why make up crap?

As far as Herbert and Burrow, it is OK to have 2 and maybe 3 (3) franchise QB's in same draft. The thing I see so far is Joe is more than capable of winning big games and a Super Bow; the next 15 years, But only if the FO puts the pieces around him. Matt Ryan got to and should have won a Super Bowl, but he is a great QB who has not consistently given the rest of the talent. He is no youngster.

So, why the big to do about winning ROTY and win 4 to 6 games this year? His career is not on the hook for winning so who cares.

All I meant was we’re consistently scoring 30 points now (4x in 8 games), but ofc you and Fred would jump on that post for not being specific enough. No, we’re not averaging 30 points a game (the Ravens game obviously brings it way down), but Burrow is clearly capable of putting up 30 points most weeks, even with no running game. That’s the point. But if you want to be stuck on exact averages what was it last year, 17? 24 is still a big improvement. Especially for a rookie vs a 9 year vet.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All I meant was we’re consistently scoring 30 points now (4x in 8 games), but ofc you and Fred would jump on that post for not being specific enough. No, we’re not averaging 30 points a game (the Ravens game obviously brings it way down), but Burrow is clearly capable of putting up 30 points most weeks, even with no running game. That’s the point. But if you want to be stuck on exact averages what was it last year, 17? 24 is still a big improvement. Especially for a rookie vs a 9 year vet.

Facts matter, so get them correct so you do not mislead others, that was my point. Every team faces great defenses at times, but averages average them out ad 8 games is a great sample. We also have played crappy defenses, so doesn't it even it out?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:26 PM)Synric Wrote: PFF did an excellent article on Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-8-qb-review-joe-burrow-and-justin-herbert-continue-to-impress-but-their-styles-have-been-vastly-different

Nice article, thanks Synric. Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only people who ever mention Dalton are the ones who were obsessed with hating him.

You mentioned him numerous times in the other thread, completely unprompted.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 12:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Facts matter, so get them correct so you do not mislead others, that was my point. Every team faces great defenses at times, but averages average them out ad 8 games is a great sample. We also have played crappy defenses, so doesn't it even it out?

We’re scoring way more than we did last season. Period.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re scoring way more than we did last season. Period.

Yes we are, last time I noticed, scoring more points than the other team gets you a win.

Our Defense needs to improve big time, this is the problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes we are, last time I noticed, scoring more points than the other team gets you a win.

Our Defense needs to improve big time, this is the problem.

I agree defense needs to improve but we are actually 20th in scoring and 20th in points allowed , so offense needs to score more also. The NFl is becoming most more of a scoring league
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 11:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree defense needs to improve but we are actually 20th in scoring and 20th in points allowed , so offense needs to score more also. The NFl is becoming most more of a scoring league

Could get better on Offense if we actually started Spain instead of MJ but not happening with these idiot coaches it seems...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could get better on Offense if we actually started Spain instead of MJ but not happening with these idiot coaches it seems...

Are they starting Jordan over him?!?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 02:59 PM)jason Wrote: Are they starting Jordan over him?!?

That is what I heard.

Pissed me off big time.
Reply/Quote
This is over now. ImO at this point both Tua and Herbert are better.. Burrow didn't look like he had enough arm strength to cut through the strong wind and cold maybe a problem too.. Deep ball is non existent...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:41 PM)Tony Wrote: This is over now. ImO at this point both Tua and Herbert are better.. Burrow didn't look like he had enough arm strength to cut through the strong wind and cold maybe a problem too.. Deep ball is non existent...

Herbert was so so today so I dont see much movement between them..though Burrow is becoming less stellar with TDs, only 12 in 9 games with 6 coming in 2 games with Browns puts him like 21st in league. Tua is 3-0 so if he keeps winning he might be the surprise pick late
Reply/Quote