Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Burrow Proved Himself
(09-20-2021, 11:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but just think if he didnt have to overcome such bad coaching...

Why, though? Why would I want to be happy? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, I'm sure he can but that doesn't exactly bode well for the prospects of us locking him up for the next 10+ years if he is behind the eight ball here and watching other QBs enjoy the benefits of friendlier systems and organizations.

We're just falling right into that hater national media narrative that we're going to limit and/or break Burrow.  Unless the guy is insane he's going to get sick of trying to drag a franchise that doesn't want to help him or itself to win to glory.

He's still under contract for 2 more years right? So, assuming this season goes the way we think it does, it is iMPERATIVE that the Bengals front office find a good HC and OC to replace the departing Taylor. Otherwise, yeah, I could see Burrow going to another team for a better chance at winning.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is up there with the least of my worries when it comes to this team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: He's still under contract for 2 more years right? So, assuming this season goes the way we think it does, it is iMPERATIVE that the Bengals front office find a good HC and OC to replace the departing Taylor. Otherwise, yeah, I could see Burrow going to another team for a better chance at winning.

3 years if you count the option year 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:47 PM)jason Wrote: Joe Burrow is up there with the least of my worries when it comes to this team.

I'd wager that's pretty common when you put a 1st overall pick QB on a team that finished dead last.  He'd have to be an insta-bust ala Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf to be a notable issue on a dead-last kind of team.

Actually, for a team that hasn't made any post-season noise in decades, we've managed to be very fortunate with our QB picks.  We've been good at QB for almost 20 straight years so even in down years like 2010 and 2019 our QB hasn't been the biggest issue.  Burrow becomes an issue by proxy if he can't stay alive, though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:16 AM)JumboTron Wrote: I admit, after his third interception I was ready to put my TV through my window, yet just five minutes later I saw it. A finely placed post route to Chase. Then a surgical strike to Huggins.

Burrow ate shit yet rebounded with two quick TD throws. He didn't wilt, or act like he was dinged up to get out of having to go back out there. He stepped up even though he knew as much as anyone that this may be his worst performance of his life.

I really believe, no matter how we feel now, that this past Sunday (9/19) will be a defining moment in the career of Joe Burrow.

The sacks have to stop though!

The law of averages say, eventually, they will get the knee!

I look to see The Thugs to blitz the kitchen sink next week to do just that!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:16 AM)JumboTron Wrote: I admit, after his third interception I was ready to put my TV through my window, yet just five minutes later I saw it.  A finely placed post route to Chase.  Then a surgical strike to Huggins.  

Burrow ate shit yet rebounded with two quick TD throws.  He didn't wilt, or act like he was dinged up to get out of having to go back out there.  He stepped up even though he knew as much as anyone that this may be his worst performance of his life.

I really believe, no matter how we feel now, that this past Sunday (9/19) will be a defining moment in the career of Joe Burrow.

Saw the same. We have our QB, he had to have a terrible game, this was it and he fought back and we nearly won the game 
even with his 2 terrible INTS one going for a TD. Higgins fumble killed us as well. Our Defense also proved itself IMO.

Think we will win a lot of games this season if we stay somewhat healthy and the play calling improves and we stop turning 
the ball over of course. If you didn't watch the game and saw the Bears up 20-3 in the 3rd quarter you wouldn't know that 
we were within one stop and a yard from getting the ball back and getting a chance at a win even with all the mistakes and 
the missed opportunities. If Wilson scoops and scores we win the game. Crazy how much one play can hurt you or save you.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Wilson scoops and scores we win the game. Crazy how much one play can hurt you or save you.

Yep, thems the breaks.  Two games into the season and we are two plays away from being 0-2 or 2-0.  I guess as far as luck goes being 1-1 is perfectly symmetrical.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, thems the breaks.  Two games into the season and we are two plays away from being 0-2 or 2-0.  I guess as far as luck goes being 1-1 is perfectly symmetrical.

Could be worse that is for damn sure. Lets not make it so close against Pitt please and get a big lead...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be worse that is for damn sure. Lets not make it so close against Pitt please and get a big lead...

It's a road game against a division rival, so I'd gladly accept a close game.  I'm a bit concerned we get behind and have to start dropping Burrow back 40+ times to try to catch up and things get risky.  The Steelers aren't a lock to be good, but it's not hard to picture them getting up early and routing us into a reckless gameplan.  Add in that Burrow wants to drop back and go deep and we could be holding our breath quite a bit.

Reply/Quote
We are a week removed from applauding Joe for "Going rouge and calling his own plays" to "Zac's play calling is killing him".

It has been made known that Zac calls the plays but gives Joe the authority to change any he deems necessary after reading the D.

We cannot call ourselves rational if every time something goes wrong: "It's Zac" and every time something goes well "it's Joe".

I found nothing positive in Joe's performance yesterday. I do hope he learned from it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We are a week removed from applauding Joe for "Going rouge and calling his own plays" to "Zac's play calling is killing him".

It has been made known that Zac calls the plays but gives Joe the authority to change any he deems necessary after reading the D.

We cannot call ourselves rational if every time something goes wrong: "It's Zac" and every time something goes well "it's Joe".

I found nothing positive in Joe's performance yesterday. I do hope he learned from it.

Well, I do like the way he responded (most of us seem to agree), but that's exactly the case here.

Bias is just too great in our world today, period.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Well, I do like the way he responded (most of us seem to agree), but that's exactly the case here.

Bias is just too great in our world today, period.

He responded to throwing an INT by throwing 2 more.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He responded to throwing an INT by throwing 2 more.

And then throwing 2 TD’s. He played really bad, and then he made some good plays at the end. No need to pretend like either one didn’t happen.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We are a week removed from applauding Joe for "Going rouge and calling his own plays" to "Zac's play calling is killing him".

(09-13-2021, 05:16 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals open up as a 3 point underdog to the Bears?? This has got to he a joke right? The bears are complete trash...
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-nfl-betting-odds-2021-season

Joe is a better QB than ZT is as a playcaller / coach
Joe doesnt handcuff ZT. ZT does though handcuff Burrow. Can you imagine if JB had a legit offensive
Mind behind him like Daboll or Bienememy?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And then throwing 2 TD’s. He played really bad, and then he made some good plays at the end. No need to pretend like either one didn’t happen.

1 TD Chase bailed him out. The other was an 11 yard strike… quick game to confirm ZTs game plan was effective….. Ninja

No, Joe was bad yesterday, and I don’t think we should avoid criticizing Joe when he deserves it. He needs to play much better than he did yesterday regardless of whether ZT is holding him back or not.

To really ruffle some feathers, Andy Dalton outplayed Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 04:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 1 TD Chase bailed him out. The other was an 11 yard strike… quick game to confirm ZTs game plan was effective….. Ninja

No, Joe was bad yesterday, and I don’t think we should avoid criticizing Joe when he deserves it. He needs to play much better than he did yesterday regardless of whether ZT is holding him back or not.

You mean a 10 year vet looked better than a guy playing in his 12th game? Hard to believe…

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 04:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You mean a 10 year vet looked better than a guy playing in his 12th game? Hard to believe…

That’s a major backtrack to what is normally said on here. I was led to believe on here that rookie Burrow was already as good if not better than Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 04:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That’s a major backtrack to what is normally said on here. I was led to believe on here that rookie Burrow was already as good if not better than Dalton.

He is. Dalton would be absolutely atrocious if he was still here. Like when he got benched for Ryan Finley.

That doesn’t mean Burrow isn’t going to have some off games. This was probably his 3rd now (along with Baltimore & Pittsburgh last year). We’ll see how he responds.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 04:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 1 TD Chase bailed him out. The other was an 11 yard strike… quick game to confirm ZTs game plan was effective….. Ninja

If we're going to say Chase bailed out Burrow on the 1 TD, then should really only say Burrow had 2 INTS since the third pick was caused by a missed assignment by Mixon?  
Reply/Quote