Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Burrow Proved Himself
(09-21-2021, 01:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well one thing I don't want to see Burrow doing is what he did near the end of the game, and that's trying to make tackles.

That’s absolutely true. Carson Palmer was a pretty good tackler for a quarterback although he had lots of practice from throwing so many picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow had his best NFL game week 1. His worst week 2. 3.73 AYA week 2. Compared to 11.15 week 1
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not bashing Lamar, but maybe that says more about Lamar's ability to go to the line and read defenses, then change the play according to what the defense shows...... something Burrow seems very good at.

Yeah. All I'm saying is he's young. Compare him to other young successful QBs like Allen and others. The young QBs aren't as good at audibling as the vets. They have good coaches bringing them along and calling good plays. That's why they're successful (aside from the raw talent).

I do think Burrow has a great football mind. But I also think he's younger than even the young QBs I'm comparing him to. Give him time. Give him good coaching. Hopefully he stays healthy and gets to 100%. Hopefully the coaches step up their game as well and make it easier on him (as well as the oline).
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 05:51 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah. All I'm saying is he's young. Compare him to other young successful QBs like Allen and others. The young QBs aren't as good at audibling as the vets. They have good coaches bringing them along and calling good plays. That's why they're successful (aside from the raw talent).

I do think Burrow has a great football mind. But I also think he's younger than even the young QBs I'm comparing him to. Give him time. Give him good coaching. Hopefully he stays healthy and gets to 100%. Hopefully the coaches step up their game as well and make it easier on him (as well as the oline).

Hmm, Burrow hasn't played a full season of games yet and he's going to be 25 this season so he's not particularly young.  He's older than Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, and all the guys drafted his year or later like Justin Fields, Justin Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, Tua, and Jalen Hurts.

He's within a year or so of Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield,  Deshaun Watson, Drew Lock, and Patrick Mahommes.  Burrow isn't an old man, but the guy is TECHNICALLY A ROOKIE and he's in the same age group if not older that QBs who have already played multiple years, won playoff games, and even won MVPs and SBs.

If ZT doesn't do a 180 we're going into Burrow's 3rd year and the season where he will turn 25 talking a lot about how it's finally time to see him perform for the first time. 

So in summation, Burrow is:
1. old for his QB class
2. aging while getting beaten up and/or on missing out on experience while on IR
3. in a situation where multiple years of his career will be deemed "wasted/hopeless" due to the coaching/organization
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 06:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, Burrow hasn't played a full season of games yet and he's going to be 25 this season so he's not particularly young.  He's older than Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, and all the guys drafted his year or later like Justin Fields, Justin Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, Tua, and Jalen Hurts.

He's within a year or so of Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield,  Deshaun Watson, Drew Lock, and Patrick Mahommes.  Burrow isn't an old man, but the guy is TECHNICALLY A ROOKIE and he's in the same age group if not older that QBs who have already played multiple years, won playoff games, and even won MVPs and SBs.

If ZT doesn't do a 180 we're going into Burrow's 3rd year and the season where he will turn 25 talking a lot about how it's finally time to see him perform for the first time. 

So in summation, Burrow is:
1. old for his QB class
2. aging while getting beaten up and/or on missing out on experience while on IR
3. in a situation where multiple years of his career will be deemed "wasted/hopeless" due to the coaching/organization
When does he turn 25? 

I guess I didn't realize he's older than Lamar or Murray. Murray has 1.5 years of experience on him. Lamar has 3? In NFL terms, them and Allen are older in terms of how much NFL experience they have.

None of this really contradicts my main point. Burrow hasn't played 16 games yet. He's still young. He's still got a lot to learn. 
To expect him to be on Aaron Rodger's, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning's level in terms of the ability to audible into the perfect play and be a top 5 QB is a bit pre-mature.

He's still in that young group of QBs that aren't audibling much, and need to be coached well to be successful. Hopefully the coaching can improve, and he learns/develops. If he can stay healthy, I think he has the mind for the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:51 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Chase bailed him out at times in college too.   This is not a diss on Burrow btw.  

Yep, it is just nice to have a Receiver like Chase.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 12:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, it is just nice to have a Receiver like Chase.

Absolutely.   Some of his grabs on deep balls remind me so much of some of Steve Smith's grabs from his prime Carolina Days.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 12:40 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Absolutely.   Some of his grabs on deep balls remind me so much of some of Steve Smith's grabs from his prime Carolina Days.  

Exactly who I would compare Ja'Marr to. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 12:40 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Absolutely.   Some of his grabs on deep balls remind me so much of some of Steve Smith's grabs from his prime Carolina Days.  

(09-23-2021, 12:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly who I would compare Ja'Marr to. ThumbsUp

Interesting.  I would have never made this connection.

Pound-for-pound Smith was one of the toughest WRs ever.  I loved watching that guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting.  I would have never made this connection.

Pound-for-pound Smith was one of the toughest WRs ever.  I loved watching that guy.

Agree, dude was great and maybe the most underrated small WR ever.

Chase is tough, maybe not Steve Smith tough, no one is but Chase is hard to tackle and is very physical similar to Smith.
Reply/Quote