Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burrow Recruiting Collins
(03-18-2022, 04:12 AM)wanga Wrote: Not to mention the 1am breaking news time slot. 

Well that's probably what time they stumbled out of the precinct.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:02 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm trying to will JC Tretter into existence.

Williams/Karras/Tretter/Cappa/Collins

LOOK AT IT.

SOMEBODY will be along soon after it happens to crap all over it. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:02 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm trying to will JC Tretter into existence.

Williams/Karras/Tretter/Cappa/Collins

LOOK AT IT.

This would be a dream come true O-line for me. 

Joe says speak it into existence.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't know where to place this because there are so many threads now. A couple things: Collins is going to be more expensive than what people realize and I'm no capologist but I think the Bengals are getting to the area where they starting to feel uncomfortable.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The longer time goes by, it drives down to price some for others if you get my drift.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:11 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't know where to place this because there are so many threads now.  A couple things: Collins is going to be more expensive than what people realize and I'm no capologist but I think the Bengals are getting to the area where they starting to feel uncomfortable.

We are currently $12.9 mil under the cap per Spotrac and can easily clear $15 mil more by releasing Waynes and Hopkins.  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:16 AM)Whatever Wrote: We are currently $12.9 mil under the cap per Spotrac and can easily clear $15 mil more by releasing Waynes and Hopkins.  

Not saying that you are wrong. I'm also hearing that they can restructure Hendrickson's contract to get 4.7 mill
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:16 AM)Whatever Wrote: We are currently $12.9 mil under the cap per Spotrac and can easily clear $15 mil more by releasing Waynes and Hopkins.  

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Bengals front office likes to roll over about 5 ml each year.  I'm hearing it's getting tight.  Did you factor in rookie salary?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:11 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't know where to place this because there are so many threads now.  A couple things: Collins is going to be more expensive than what people realize and I'm no capologist but I think the Bengals are getting to the area where they starting to feel uncomfortable.

This is exactly why I don't understand how we didn't get a trade done. His contact was very reasonable. I have a feeling the dolphins or some other team is going to get him that pays him up front money the way players want it. Dallas just wanted something. Give them a 6th rounder. This is stupid. Now we are competing with others and may lose out
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:22 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: This is exactly why I don't understand how we didn't get a trade done. His contact was very reasonable. I have a feeling the dolphins or some other team is going to get him that pays him up front money the way players want it. Dallas just wanted something. Give them a 6th rounder. This is stupid. Now we are competing with others and may lose out

I'm hearing the cowboys really did not expect a trade to happen cuz they were saving millions of dollars by releasing him, it was sort of a hail Mary kind of thing 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:26 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm hearing the cowboys really did not expect a trade to happen cuz they were saving millions of dollars by releasing him, it was sort of a hail Mary kind of thing 

Who knows if true, but I read the Bengals offered their 4th. Cowboys wanted their 2nd. Tough to believe the Cowboys wouldn't have just taken best offer made, but I don't fully understand the cap ramifications releasing vs. trading.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:22 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: This is exactly why I don't understand how we didn't get a trade done. His contact was very reasonable. I have a feeling the dolphins or some other team is going to get him that pays him up front money the way players want it. Dallas just wanted something. Give them a 6th rounder. This is stupid. Now we are competing with others and may lose out

It takes two for a trade, and I don't think Dallas was going to take a late round pick. Dallas' best financial benefit was with a post-June 1 cut, which is what this was. A trade before June 1 would have saved them only about $1 million in terms of the cap but cost them $14 million in dead money. They were only going to trade him for an early round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:30 AM)TigerStripes Wrote: Who knows if true, but I read the Bengals offered their 4th. Cowboys wanted their 2nd. Tough to believe the Cowboys wouldn't have just taken best offer made, but I don't fully understand the cap ramifications releasing vs. trading.

The Bengals do not like to give up draft picks for sure.  So it may be true and a second rounder would have been reasonable, but I just don't think it was only for a second rounder.  

Also, I question whether the Patriots were really in on the Collins thing. At first I thought they were going all in but I don't know what Bill belichick is doing down there. Something's going on something's in the water there.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:32 AM)Nepa Wrote: It takes two for a trade, and I don't think Dallas was going to take a low round pick. Dallas' best financial benefit was with a post-June 1 cut, which is what this was. A trade before June 1 would have saved them only about $1 million in terms of the cap but cost them $14 million in dead money. They were only going to trade him for a higher round pick.

Okay this makes sense. Thanks for that. I couldn't understand why they wouldn't rather have a draft pick regardless how low over getting nothing. 
Reply/Quote

Someone posted in one of the 17 Collins threads that the Cowboys would have taken a bigger hit this year by trading him as opposed to the post summer cut.  Something like 8.5M or something, justifying asking for a high pick to absorb that hit.  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Shelvin as well

....and Moss.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:32 AM)Nepa Wrote: It takes two for a trade, and I don't think Dallas was going to take a late round pick. Dallas' best financial benefit was with a post-June 1 cut, which is what this was. A trade before June 1 would have saved them only about $1 million in terms of the cap but cost them $14 million in dead money. They were only going to trade him for an early round pick.

Yeah this, thank you!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:33 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Bengals do not like to give up draft picks for sure.  So it may be true and a second rounder would have been reasonable, but I just don't think it was only for a second rounder.  

Also, I question whether the Patriots were really in on the Collins thing. At first I thought they were going all in but I don't know what Bill belichick is doing down there. Something's going on something's in the water there.

Agree, when I saw the mason trade and letting Brown test things? I mean they have a rookie QB and no stars. Who are they paying and why are they letting good players walk?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:21 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, I think the Bengals front office likes to roll over about 5 ml each year.  I'm hearing it's getting tight.  Did you factor in rookie salary?

I would say it's getting close without making any other moves to clear space, as that number doesn't include a few guys that details aren't known on yet.  Of course, the full cap hits for those guys won't hit because they'll knock other guys out of the top 51.  

However, a lot can be done with structure to drastically lower cap hits on multi year deals, which guys like Collins and Tretter would demand. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:02 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I've heard he can be disgruntled at times but I feel like there's a lot of dubs coming the Bengals way in 22....and like Paul Brown said "winning makes believers of us all", but then again.  The cowboys were winning last year so maybe there's just personalities in Dallas he don't vibe with.

Theres no question how good he is though.  Would love or this to happen!

Not to mention, Frank Pollack has coached him before. I'm sure he'd be against this if there was some major red flag.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote