Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burrow Recruiting Collins
(03-19-2022, 09:08 PM)jeremydc Wrote: It’s over. Move along

Link?
Reply/Quote
He left, but it ain't over.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure we're gonna need a separate "Collins' visit is over" thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He left, but it ain't over.

Its over. Bengals would be smart and start working on Daryl Williams right now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 01:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: It doesn’t matter because a 3rd team has entered the fray supposedly, so it may be moot either way. May just be a late feeler though.

Feel like this is worth bumping at this point.
Reply/Quote
If he passed the physical I’m pretty disappointed they let him leave the building without being signed.

This is really the worst case scenario. I assume they won’t move onto Daryl Williams (or whoever) until Collins makes up his mind. And in that time the former could get signed. Ugh

Reply/Quote
They are referring to the Garafolo tweet upthread. If true then it’s Same Old Bengals who can’t close the deal. And if they did have a failed physical my instinct would be to ignore it because this medical staff screwed up on both Shaq Barrett and Trey Waynes - in opposite directions no less.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Its over. Bengals would be smart and start working on Daryl Williams right now.

Yep. 
Reply/Quote
Are we certain he left?

If so, close the book.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Probably time to consider other options. The Bengals obviously did a lot to convince him to sign. Logically, he's either asking for way too much money or the team didn't feel great with he results of his physical. I'm okay with him not being a Bengal if that's the case. If he opts to block for Tua over Burrow, he's not all that motivated by winning titles anyway.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He left, but it ain't over.

I like your optimism. 

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 08:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: 886406a8a9a9fd018dacd3adb12639f2.gif]

(03-19-2022, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: gD8T3R.gif]

For me, those are shows 1a and 1b/c. GoT would be 1b, until that last season  Shocked, so Son's jumps in there to compete. Better call Saul is right behind them too.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: They are referring to the Garafolo tweet upthread. If true then it’s Same Old Bengals who can’t close the deal. And if they did have a failed physical my instinct would be to ignore it because this medical staff screwed up on both Shaq Barrett and Trey Waynes - in opposite directions no less.

It can’t be a failed medical at this point. They are reportedly “still in on him.”

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It can’t be a failed medical at this point. They are reportedly “still in on him.”

You spelled "being leveraged by his agent" wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: They are referring to the Garafolo tweet upthread. If true then it’s Same Old Bengals who can’t close the deal. And if they did have a failed physical my instinct would be to ignore it because this medical staff screwed up on both Shaq Barrett and Trey Waynes - in opposite directions no less.

If it was medical we would be out. Says we are still in the mix. That means its money. And I would bet its about the way we want to structure his guaranteed money. He will get what he wants. Fan will say we are making a "smart" move but smart = cheap IMO in these cases. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:05 PM)basballguy Wrote:

I'm over it all.

Time to look to the draft. This FA stuff is annoying and drawn out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Are we certain he left?

If so, close the book.

Trying to confirm this. Rumor has it he is at rubys downtown tonight. I’m trying to verify.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For me, those are shows 1a and 1b/c. GoT would be 1b, until that last season  Shocked, so Son's jumps in there to compete. Better call Saul is right behind them too.

None of these shows being mentioned come close to the golden age HBO stuff (The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, etc).

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For me, those are shows 1a and 1b/c. GoT would be 1b, until that last season  Shocked, so Son's jumps in there to compete. Better call Saul is right behind them too.

GOT is dead to me after the finale.  I've never seen a show or movie tank it's entire body of work in such and abrupt and complete fashion.  I just can't watch it after witnessing that abortion of an ending.
Reply/Quote
This is pathetic if we don't have a quality RT. This line is only marginally better than last season. with no CJ to boot. I could argue pre draft we are the same if not a little worse. Oh well at least we made a SB and won a playoff game. We can't have nice things like competing for championships even with a generational QB. No your not going to get a RT at 31 to come in and start. I don't care if Collins goes elsewhere we shouldn't even be at the point where 1 players decision is the difference between a good line and a borderline dumpster fire. I include Karas as well because he is a better G than C.
Reply/Quote