Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow Wrist Injury
(11-18-2023, 08:09 PM)samhain Wrote: How exactly does your mind view Burrow coming to Cincinnati as some kind of detriment to him?  He's far exceeded both Herbert and Tua in terms of success.  He';s also been far healthier than Tua.  Speaking of Tua, would you rather Burrow go to a team that trots him out on the field after his brains get turned into jello?  On short rest on a Thursday night?  Yeah, totally a better organization there in terms of keeping a qb heathy.  Additionally, their line continues to be less than great.

Herbert, a player that some pine for even on this board (inexplicably) has done jack shit in LA.  This is with a better line and a legit run game.  He's had embarrassingly bad coaching and zero playoff success.  Surely a great place for Burrow to land.  

Hurts is the outlier here.  Terrific line, great defense.  Still couldn't win the big one.  Burrow bested KC on the first 3 tries with Cincinnati.  All were very high stakes games.  Hurts only got one shot at the current top of the qb mountain, and he swung and missed.  

How about the mighty New England Patriots?  How'd that go for Mac Jones?  

How's Chicago treating Justin Fields?  Has he won any playoff games or divisions?

Is anyone afraid of Trevor Lawrence and the Jags right now?  Did he beat a hobbled Mahomes when he had the chance?

Suggesting Burrow has been disadvantaged by the Bengals organization is a demonstration of one's lack of ability to think critically.  Everything that the team is criticized for has literally been changed since he was drafted.  They sign major outside free agents every year.  They went out and bought the best available OL on the market for him last offseason.  The signed outside guys when their draft picks flopped.  By and large, they've drafted well, too.  

The guy has won 5 playoff games and went to a Super Bowl  and AFC title game in his first 3 seasons with this team.  If you construe that as a failure, then your sense of reality is warped.  

Your mind was made up before he was drafted, and you are a prisoner to the hype of the moment.  It's much cooler to act like you are hot shit for saying this would go poorly while things are at their worst.  Go flaunt your ignorance on someone else's board.

Why, it's almost as if LSUfan doesn't realize the best players always go to the worst teams. That's how the draft works, and how the worst teams become the best teams. If you want drafted to a winning team, you need to be the 32nd best player in the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 08:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif]

I mean, shit.  I'm not a historical fan of ownership.

I've literally been so disrespectful and crude toward them that the mods here felt the need to start a thread telling everyone on the board not to use the term "inbreds" when referring to them.  That's a thing that happened. 

I may be disrespectful, but I am objective, and objectively, they've acquitted themselves terrifically in the time leading up to the drafting of 9 and just about every opportunity after.  I'm honestly still in a bit of shock about it.  It's not what we've seen here since 91 or so.  Even so, it's reality.  It's hard to believe the same people run the team.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 08:24 PM)samhain Wrote: I mean, shit.  I'm not a historical fan of ownership.

I've literally been so disrespectful and crude toward them that the mods here felt the need to start a thread telling everyone on the board not to use the term "inbreds" when referring to them.  That's a thing that happened. 

I may be disrespectful, but I am objective, and objectively, they've acquitted themselves terrifically in the time leading up to the drafting of 9 and just about every opportunity after.  I'm honestly still in a bit of shock about it.  It's not what we've seen here since 91 or so.  Even so, it's reality.  It's hard to believe the same people run the team.  

I got plenty of timeouts on the old board for berating Son of Paul. But you're right, they've made positive changes. Things went to shit in training camp this year. We'll see if they fight, and see if Browning is capable of winning in a pinch in the future. Shit happens, seasons get derailed. Will you bounce back is the question. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 07:06 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: “Bruh,” I don’t remember Burrow ever being injured at LSU. Stop justifying it. Admit it. People were right about Burrow going to the Bengals. Sorry “bruh.”

Did you not watch Clemson beat the shit out of him in the first half of the national championship game? Ask folks here, I was a little bit skeptical of him being a one hit wonder until I watched him bounce back from that beating to win the game. Bruh .....you evidently don't even know the Tigers' history.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Burrow also sprained his knee in the playoffs game against the Titans and in the Super Bowl don't forget. Dude is getting beat to hell.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
“A renowned orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Timothy Kremchek, weighed in on Burrow's injury, saying it will probably take months for Burrow to recover.

Kremchek talked to WLWT about how ligaments attach bones and that there are many bones in the wrist.

Kremchek said Burrow's MRI will be sent to the top doctors in the country, who will weigh in on what to do next and how to do it. He said it's likely that Burrow won't be fully healed until next spring.

"So this is probably about a four to six-month injury, depending on which ligament it is," Kremchek said.

On the bright side, Kremcheck said medicine has come a long way in the last 15-20 years when dealing with ligament injuries to the wrist and how to treat them.”
Reply/Quote
[Image: 692a0247f854cae3124d9457a0da8ca0.jpg][Image: e0fb81bbddfef4617ae2daabc793c27a.jpg]:P
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
How come a fanatics ad showed up with a bunch of Burrow stuff with the prices slashed? Back to the clearance rack we go…
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
A local orthopedic was on with a radio station yesterday that said the recovery time for this injury is 9-12 months...that is a longer timeline than I expected.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: A local orthopedic was on with a radio station yesterday that said the recovery time for this injury is 9-12 months...that is a longer timeline than I expected.y
If that is true then Burrow is basically out for most of next year too or thru training camp, again. Thought there was a 3-6 month recovery estimate?
Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt it’s anywhere close to that long. It might take Karen from West Chester that long to recover from something like this, but Joe is a world class athlete, who will have an entire team of professionals devoted to his rehab.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:45 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: If that is true then Burrow is basically out for most of next year too or thru training camp, again. Thought there was a 3-6 month recovery estimate?

Definitely not 3. 6 months is the timeframe I’ve seen the most.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt it’s anywhere close to that long. It might take Karen from West Chester that long to recover from something like this, but Joe is a world class athlete, who will have an entire team of professionals devoted to his rehab.

Hilarious

I grew up in West Chester, albeit there was no IKEA yet so I guess I didn't run into that many Karens.
Reply/Quote
Heard any updates on when the surgery was going to take place, and who would be performing it?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 07:06 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: “Bruh,” I don’t remember Burrow ever being injured at LSU. Stop justifying it. Admit it. People were right about Burrow going to the Bengals. Sorry “bruh.”

It really seems you are justifying ALL Burrows injuries are Bengals fault.. Because he never got hurt much at LSU does not mean much.. Tyler Eifert did the same at ND and look how his NFL career turned out. Burrow and all his injuries are not the fault of bengals line etc fault. The calf issue was not caused on a onfield play, it might have been lack of communication between Burrow and med staff that aggravated a injury that Burrow's body caused and the wrist injury is not any clear mistake by the line, it looks a bit like a fluke injury... In the end QBs get hurt more often in the NFL it is a different level than college and when you start listing all the injuries and other health issues Burrow has had,it seems most are leaning towards Tyler Eifert type: body, playing position than it does some organizational breakdown.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt it’s anywhere close to that long. It might take Karen from West Chester that long to recover from something like this, but Joe is a world class athlete, who will have an entire team of professionals devoted to his rehab.

But I'm also starting to worry that Burrow doesn't know when to step off the gas and give things a rest and the staff is either to naive or scared to tell him otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:53 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: But I'm also starting to worry that Burrow doesn't know when to step off the gas and give things a rest and the staff is either to naive or scared to tell him otherwise.

Tom Brady was recently quoted as saying "QBs need to learn to protect themselves against defensive players, its not the NFLs job to do that". 

Burrow should give Brady a call for tips on extending his career and protecting himself. Brady was a master of "going down softly" if/when the pressure got to him. 

I know Burrow's play style is different - he likes to get mobile to extend plays - but he could 100% learn to "fall and get tackled" better. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It really seems you are justifying ALL Burrows injuries are Bengals fault.. Because he never got hurt much at LSU does not mean much.. Tyler Eifert did the same at ND and look how his NFL career turned out.  Burrow and all his  injuries are not the fault of bengals line etc fault.  The calf issue was not caused on a onfield play, it might have been lack of communication between Burrow and med staff that aggravated a injury that Burrow's body caused and the wrist injury is not any clear mistake by the line, it looks a bit like a fluke injury...  In the end QBs get hurt more often in the NFL it is a different level than college and when you start listing all the injuries and other health issues Burrow has had,it seems most are leaning towards Tyler Eifert type:  body, playing position than it does some organizational breakdown.

Eifert isn't a good comparison in my opinion. We do need to step back and look at these injuries. 
His rookie year we have him start behind a trash oline I have coworkers telling me they're going to get him killed. What do the Bengals? Have him pass twice as much as we run literally. Not only that but the play he gets hurt on was a 3rd and 15 (or close) by our own end zone. A play a lot of coaches will take some medicine and either hand it off or dump it off. What do we do with a trash oline it a game he's getting lit up also a game that has absolutely No meaning we try and go for it.

Now sure this year it was his wrist that did him. But after the calf and when he's immobile we change nothing, nothing and I repeat nothing. We still go out there and ask him to throw it twice as much as we run literally. 

Then the calf issue in camp. Someone brought up his Appendix and how it burst. I'm no doctor but the point they were making is the appendix rarely just bursts out of nowhere (I may be very wrong on that) the point is was Burrow ignoring pain. If so we may need to really look at how we approach his injuries. His calf was tight and that's it? Turned out to be more than that. Then I know I've seen him flexing his hand in a fist. I just wonder if he was dealing with some discomfort and blowing it off. 

I realize now that was alot. But I think we tend to forget things later if things turn out all right. But looking back I'm not so sure the Bengals have not put Burrow in some very bad situations. Then they all get a pass because Burrow got hurt and we'll just have to give it another try next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: A local orthopedic was on with a radio station yesterday that said the recovery time for this injury is 9-12 months...that is a longer timeline than I expected.

What’s the diagnosis? Which ligament?
Reply/Quote