Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow Wrist Injury
(11-17-2023, 04:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: casear posted a video of Dr. Brian Sutterer working through a differential diagnosis based upon the clues we have. Even he said the presentation is kind of bizarre making it more difficult to figure out.

Yes, that was the video I referenced earlier. Very strange with the pinky. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm talking about people who has taken a beating for 4 straight year feeling it. Nothing more nothing less. 

But I get it. Burrow is Superman and feels none of this. I've heard it all before. A ton given how often it comes up (given how often he is dealing with something....). I sure wish those superhuman powers could help avoid getting dinged up.

Oh, I think you said more than he is “feeling it.” Nothing more.

(11-17-2023, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: Here's the truth that's been said and it's time for folks around here to face... Joe Luck has the body of a 50 year old. The beatings have taken their toll. He is injury prone, has been yearly since 2016, he can't stay healthy, and it's only going to get worse in the following seasons as his body continues to break down. We are stuck with him for the next 7 years, and these injury issues/story will be repeated over and over again over those 7 years. This contract may end up being worse than the Watson contract.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oh, I think you said more than he is “feeling it.” Nothing more.

Well I mean I wasn't trying to repeat myself. So I summarized my point.

I never was getting into all the testosterone levels, decreased HGH levels, decreased bone density, decreased muscle mass, decreased heart rate reserve, etc. that you like to get into from your google searches. For a Doctor/Phycologist/Physiologist/Biologist/Lawyer you like to have the board thinking you are, you sure do have a ton of time on your hands......

We now know what Doctors are doing while we wait in the room for an hour after thinking we are about to be seen since we were brought back from the waiting room. They on the BENGALS BOARD!

My point has always been the same. Beatings take their toll. I've said that so much in the past, well, because Burrow has repeatedly given me the opportunity to. My argument isn't anything new. Yall say when Burrow wakes up he feels like your average 26 year old with no lingering effects from the beatings he's taken for the last 4 years or injuries he's suffered from yearly since 2016. I question that. I think the older he gets the bigger toll these beating will take, and the more injuries' we will see. I actually think he's human. That's my only mistake.

You guys can throw obesity and Karen's and testosterone levels and high blood pressure and all this other stuff at me to distract from my point, but I've always been able to stay on point. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote: and heck you know better than any of us how many people have degenerative changes with no knowledge of it whatsoever until it shows up in imaging for a totally unrelated problem

Right. I just talked about back pain after Chase’s injury. If we take 10 random people off the street without back pain, 4 are probably going to have evidence of degenerative disc disease. But, no symptoms.

What about the dreaded “heel spurs”? I think 80% are asymptomatic. They don’t require any treatment.

Many 50 y/0 are going to have a degenerative rotator cuff tear, but no shoulder pain.
Reply/Quote

There it is.

Tank for '24. 5-12.
Reply/Quote
At least we can say we made the AFCC his two "healthy" years...

Brutal news. But fitting for a year that was looking like a disaster from the jump.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I mean I wasn't trying to repeat myself. So I summarized my point.

I never was getting into all the testosterone levels, decreased HGH levels, decreased bone density, decreased muscle mass, decreased heart rate reserve, etc. that you like to get into from your google searches. For a Doctor/Phycologist/Physiologist/Biologist/Lawyer you like to have the board thinking you are, you sure do have a ton of time on your hands......

We now know what Doctors are doing while we wait in the room for an hour after thinking we are about to be seen since we were brought back from the waiting room. They on the BENGALS BOARD!

My point has always been the same. Beatings take their toll. I've said that so much in the past, well, because Burrow has repeatedly given me the opportunity to. My argument isn't anything new. Yall say when Burrow wakes up he feels like your average 26 year old with no lingering effects from the beatings he's taken for the last 4 years or injuries he's suffered from yearly since 2016. I question that. I think the older he gets the bigger toll these beating will take, and the more injuries' we will see. I actually think he's human. That's my only mistake.

You guys can throw obesity and Karen's and testosterone levels and high blood pressure and all this other stuff at me to distract from my point, but I've always been able to stay on point. 

Your point, based upon the sum total of all we know about anatomy and physiology throughout the course of recorded human existence, is wrong.
Reply/Quote
Save it for when Burrow isn't going on season ending IR due to a ding.

Hopefully he gives you guys the opportunity to legitimately prove my point wrong. He hasn't yet, but I certainly hope he does one day.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:  

There it is.

Tank for '24. 5-12.

[Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLr0oxVjb0v0r7A1ayG...8&usqp=CAc]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:  

There it is.

Tank for '24. 5-12.

Well, now we get to play spoiler.  Hope Browning thrashes the Stoolers, but it'll never happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:49 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Well, now we get to play spoiler.  Hope Browning thrashes the Stoolers, but it'll never happen.

Ryan Finley says...."never say never."  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Playing spoiler is overrated. Any win now hurts our draft position. We have needs and we are in the position to get a top 10 pick. That's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Playing spoiler is overrated. Any win now hurts our draft position. We have needs and we are in the position to get a top 10 pick. That's the light at the end of the tunnel.

So, what would you rather they do... start resting important players?  Start the back ups?  I wouldn't be opposed to that.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:06 PM)Tomkat Wrote: So, what would you rather they do... start resting important players?  Start the back ups?  I wouldn't be opposed to that.

I'd say if Chase and Tre aren't 100% then they should go ahead and sit. 

Tre not sure he is, Chase seems like he is, but if any of them aren't then there is no reason to play them.

Reply/Quote
Whelp. See you next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Save it for when Burrow isn't going on season ending IR due to a ding.

Hopefully he gives you guys the opportunity to legitimately prove my point wrong. He hasn't yet, but I certainly hope he does one day.

Omfg. If I take a sledgehammer and break a 2x4 in the framing of your bathroom, does that make a 2x4 in the kitchen on the opposite side of the house more likely to break if I take a sledgehammer to it? No. They are unrelated and one doesn’t affect the other.

It’s physics. It takes a certain amount force applied in a certain direction to a certain structure to result in a certain injury pattern.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'd say if Chase and Tre aren't 100% then they should go ahead and sit. 

Tre not sure he is, Chase seems like he is, but if any of them aren't then there is no reason to play them.

I agree with that 

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Omfg. If I take a sledgehammer and break a 2x4 in the framing of your bathroom, does that make a 2x4 in the kitchen on the opposite side of the house more likely to break if I take a sledgehammer to it? No. They are unrelated and one doesn’t affect the other.

It’s physics. It takes a certain amount force applied in a certain direction to a certain structure to result in a certain injury pattern.

The argument is over breech. Obviously. My DM's highlight that. I'm taking the high road given the news that just broke, but let's be clear, I'm taking the high road.

Being proven right isn't good when it means what it means. I am moving on from this conversation as it speaks for itself.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:06 PM)Tomkat Wrote: So, what would you rather they do... start resting important players?  Start the back ups?  I wouldn't be opposed to that.

I might want to start playing some of the backup Olinemen to see if there is something there.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: The argument is over breech. Obviously. My DM's highlight that. I'm taking the high road given the news that just broke, but let's be clear, I'm taking the high road.

Being proven right isn't good when it means what it means. I am moving on from this conversation as it speaks for itself.

Checks my anatomy book . . .

Nope, the calf bone isn’t connected to the wrist bone. One doesn’t make you more likely to injure the other.
Reply/Quote